Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
F
F
Originally Posted By: BklynMom

You are totally right about not abusing people on these boards. I hate the term and the act of 2x4. For me I have learned so much from people just listening to me and agreeing with me and then maybe asking me a question or two.

There is absolutely no reason ever to hurt someone on these boards. So many of us leave our blood sweat and tears in our posts.

Well said BklynMom, and I agree. I think we all tend to see "our way" as the best (and for some, the only) way to DB. But insisting we are right seldom helps. Compassion and love goes a long way in helping others. smile

Bust On, Heather!

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the support guys.

Second edition is done and looks nice.

I'm pleased with how it looks. This one was all me with some extra help from the layout lady and my editor. They both really helped in mapping things out and catching things I missed.

I'm digesting this process and tweaking it to make it my own.

I didn't have any input or issues with the controlling editor this week. He and his wife stepped away. That was nice. Still had the feeling he was hovering, but he wasn't even around.

I have issues with the process of putting this into place each week, but feel confident I can do it.

I'm exhausted.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
job Offline
Well done. Second edition is done and now on to other things. It takes time to "master" new things such as new processes w/computers, layouts, people and yes, even working in a new environment, such as an office w/people around you.

Think about it, there was a time you didn't like to have to deal w/a lot of people and look at you now! You are dealing w/people each and every day and doing a nice job of it.

Give yourself a pat on the back. It's been a tough month for you, but it'll be over in a couple of days.

A nice, hot bubble bath is in order for you this evening.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Job.

I had a meeting with my editor today.

He asked, "How many days did you work last week?"

I, being me, immediately thought I was in trouble.

He was like, "six? seven?"

I answered honestly, "seven."

He said, "Well, we want you to take Wednesdays off."

Still me, I assumed I was going to get fired and he reassured me..."Heather, I can tell you are one of those people who will work everyday. We don't want you to burn yourself out. This is a bonus. Take Wednesdays off. And, if I had my way...I'd tell you to work Saturday morning and, then, take off Saturday afternoon and Sunday."

Honestly, I was stunned. I told him, "I'm not used to people noticing how hard I work and giving me a "bonus."

He also told me that the paper looks great. My process needs a little tweaking, but the paper looks great.

I felt such relief. I feel such relief. It's going to be ok. I'm going to be ok.

I even took D12 with me into the main office today. I worked late last night and felt terrible about her long day. She went with me to for an interview where I met the town historian. Later, in the main office, she was able to go through issues of my paper from 1945. I gave her an assignment to look for a few things. As she looked, she could listen to the police scanner and the other reporters working on the daily. I think it was a pretty cool hour or so for her.

No one was upset with me for bringing her in.

I feel relief today and gratitude...especially after last week.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
And, the first I thing I thought..."I can't wait to tell Job." :-)

M
M
Hi Heather!
Just got a chance to catch up with your thread after losing my internet. Sorry to hear about what happened at the camp. I remember how freaked you were about that kid and knew that he was trouble! I also totally agree with you about some of the posts you referred to. Several months ago I got dumped on the same way as Gwen (by a couple of the same people) and it almost made me stop coming to the forum! Luckily I had some really great people advise me to just let it go and I'm grateful that I listened.

So glad to hear that things are going well at the paper. We all know you are going to rock! I'd love to see an edition some time. Do you have an on-line edition?

job Offline
Heather,
The hard work pays off and I do agree w/the editor...you will get burned out working seven days a week. Wednesdays off gives you a day to get some errands completed that you can't do on the weekend and it's a nice break in the middle of the week.

Keep up the good work and you just may find an increase in your paycheck before too long.

Look at the glass half full and continue to stay positive. Okay?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
B
Heather - you are doing so well - and very glad it is recognised.

It is so wonderful when we finally move on - I think in your case getting away from your old home and the community was necessary.

Keep up the good work.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks guys.

I've made my daily list of stuff I need to get done.

I decided to take it easy today. I guess that yesterday made me realize how stressed and hard I've been pushing myself.

I'm home with D12 today and looking at some stuff I've neglected because I've been so focused on the job.

Yesterday, my editor told me that I can create a work week that works for me. In whatever form that takes...I think they are worried I'm going to burn out.

Now that I know I can handle this job...I'm regrouping today. I need to look at my bank account, D12's homeschooling and make a plan/take action for next week's issue. I plan on taking things calm and cool today. I spent the morning listening to Gospel. That always pulls me back to serenity.

The best thing is...I feel confident I'm capable of handling this job and I feel that things will fall into place as long as I continue keeping the focus on God first, my own sanity and the girls.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard