Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
S
Yes - Brandon got sick a lot. Drs then felt it was better to wait but then they did the mayor surgery (big incisions) for sleepectomy. They had just started doing it by laparoscopy when he was a teen so he had his done that way. It wasn't bad at all.

But I do think he was severe. Urine was dark as tea and his eyeballs were always yellowish. It got worse as he got older. Couldn't play contact sports but we finally get extra padding around the middle so he could play ball hockey.

Wii is right. Just keep loving him.

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
That sounds like Megan to some degree. She appears to have an olive complexion but I think part of it is her being a bit yellowed skin mixed with her Dad's Italan heritage. Her urine is darker than it should be but I always attributed that to her not drinking enough water. Something to check out.

S19 does have a big scar. It was nearly 16 years ago. I do love this kid. He has been my partner in home repair adventures or misadventures sometimes. We got much closer over the 3 years that he was home with me while his brother worked weekends and the girls went to Dad's. Hopefully he will remember that I am here, to help as I can. It is hard biting my tongue.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
Kat: Did he have to stay on meds after getting his spleen out?
I think you HAVE to bite your tongue. Fake it til you make it. Things said now can damage your R with him and your grandchild for the rest of your life. Be supportive while you let them figure it out.
I got married at 20 (by choice - I was not pregnant). I made some mistakes but I also made a lot of good choices. They can do this!

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
He is on Penicillian v-k twice a day. If he has a fever of 102, I am supposed to take him to the hospital, even if Tylenol can break it. He will most likely be taking them the rest of his life.

A couple things led us to go ahead and have his spleen taken so early,they wanted us to wait until he was 5. He had only gained 2 lbs between the ages of 2 and 3 and then he was sleeping sooo much! Once my parents picked the boys up to spend the night andS19 fell asleep in the car. He slept once they got to their house. He wouldn't wake up for dinner, he slept all the way through the night. He woke up around 9 the next morning.

D19 is pretty good. He doesn't have any extra fat,very muscular snd rarely sick. He isn't very tall, about 5'7". I blame some of that on his being sick. They found out he was sick at 6 months. Transfusions and blood work became routine over the next three years.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
Apparently I have missed a lot while I was gone.

I'm so sorry all this stress is landing on you at once. You handle things like such a champ all the time and I know you won't let this keep you down for long.

Hugs my dear friend!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Totally off the last couple of days subject: Wasn't last night's game awesome??!!! I kept switching channels back and forth or running into S22's room to watch since I didn't want to jinx them. S19 got home at the top of the ninth, he asks me what am I doing, don't I want to watch the last little bit. Can't mess them up, he says we are fine Mom, just watch. I did and it felt good to watch more than a minute here and there.

Back on subject, D15 is better. I started to feel awful yesterday but started drinking hot tea and taking cold meds right away as opposed to my picky daughter and I am feeling better now.

I went a little crazy on baby shower stuff but I figured I am buying for 3 of us, so it is all good. D15 is going to meet with her German teacher after school either today or tomorrow. Hopefully it will help but still not sure she will continue the whole year.

My second job computer issues got worked out, so I have some guidelines to review, 1-3 days of training and then I can start getting paid. I love that it is flexible and that I only need to work as little as 10 hours and can go up to 25 if need be. Yippee!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
Wet Offline
W
Hi Kat, I hope that you are feeling better. And I am sorry about your Royals, but I have to say that Game 7 was such a fun game to watch. Even though your Royals came out on the wrong side.

Great work on getting the 2nd job. I hope that you are enjoying it. Have a great, spooky Halloween.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The furnace wouldn't come on. Luckily just had to reset it. I am sooo congested. I need to get better before the baby shower tomorrow.

It was really cold last night and I didn't have a single trick or treater. D15 has lost or misplaced her glasses but at least it is her Dad's weekend to deal with kid stuff. I have done a load of laundry on my second load of dishes and got the furnace going. Why am I exhausted? Oh yea, I can't breath. Lol

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
frown So sorry you are still feeling so bad. frown

How was the shower?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It was nice. My girls and former mother in law hung out. Her sister did an awesome job, while there were games, none were cheesy. " She" didn't come which was fine by me.

I have been taking cold meds and made it through without sneezing or coughing. All of the guys went swimming. Ryan was making a spash with his future nephews. He has had practice with his sisters.

Strange being so excited about the baby but still not thrilled with the situation.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard