Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
M
mandown Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, W is going to a costume party tonight. Makes me sick....but damn. I cant do anything about it.

I really need to start almost ignoring the fact that I care soo much about her. I cam going to try and get out with some friends tonight

ME: 29 / W: 29
M: 10 (11 in March 2015)
BD (ILYBNILWY): 07/26/14
S:12 / S: 7
"We need to separate" : 08/31/14
Wants to see others: 10/11/14
Separation looming
M
mandown Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So, to recap my sitch:

W has A, BD, ILYBNILWY, stopped talking to OM. Discovered commuication between them. Reached out to OM GF(discovered that it was XGF) and she told his fam. OM cotacted me and said sorry for everything, and they will not talk anymore. OM is trying to reconnect with GF. VERY strong feeling that W is still talking to OM through an app called KIK. She keeps phone glued to her hip, and has password on phone. S7 and S12 know what is going on. W is always gone, and rarely spends time with them. She is constantly going out with "friends" and mostly does not come home. Affection is close to no existent, conversation is cordial between us.

My heart breaks more and more everyday. I fear the time has come to separate as LRT. However, I do not want to leave my kids in that environment. How do I go about asking her to leave? She will likely not be OK with it. Should I be the one to leave? I would still see the kids every day , I'd pick them up from school and stay home unitl W gets out of work. Any other options would be greatly appreciated.

Separation looming
J
J
You can't be the one to leave IMHO. She is walking away so she has to do the literal walking away.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
M
mandown Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I feel the same way. However, she has soo much power over me right now. I feel I will give in and leave for her.

Separation looming
T
T
Around 7 mos ago, I told my W that as long as she was in a relationship with OM (which she denied), I didn't think she should stay at the house. No way did I ever think she would actually move out, but she did. I think she realized that this was her decision and that it wasn't healthy for either one of us for her to remain at the house.

Obviously you know your W better than we do, but maybe she would agree she needs to be the one to leave??

M
mandown Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Honestly, I'm just afraid that she will leave. I know it would be better for me to not see her for a while. just to help with detaching and GAL's. But I cannot stomach fact that she will be emotionally involved with someone else.

How is your sitch going tar? 7 mo's sep? Any progress?

Separation looming
J
J
I would have told my W to leave but she would refuse because she can't tolerate rented accommodation

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
T
T
Originally Posted By: mandown
How is your sitch going tar? 7 mo's sep? Any progress?

How much time do you have? laugh
Actually S over a year now. Lots of mistakes made along the way, but the one thing I don't regret is staying in the house (I actually moved back after we house shared for about 5 mos). I've proven to myself, the kids, W, etc that I can take care of a house by myself. As far as progress- we started MC, but W stopped and we appear to be headed towards D. Although I think W is now finally realizing she needs to work on herself, so I take that as a positive.

Wishing you the best, hang in there!

M
mandown Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So, opinions needed. W went through my phone last night(that stopped after BD), she discovered that the OM's GF or XGF is still contacting me. All we really speak about is the my sitch and hers which is all part of the circle.

W said she "cant believe I am still talking to her" I told her that I needed someone to talk to, I have nothing to hide from her, she can see everything we tall about right there in my phone. It's all about how I love me W and how I'm hurting, and just advice on the whole sitch, coming from a semi unbiased woman.

W says, "you have plenty of friends to talk to" I tell her that I don't like telling them everything, it makes me feel insignificant, and I'm trying to protect her dignity with them. They are her friends too. She slept in my S7's room last night, partly because he was ill yesterday, but maybe not the whole reason?

So, why would she go through my phobe in the 1st place? Not that I mind, I have nothing to hide, I do not lie to her. But it struck me as weird, I thought she didn't care anymore. What is going through her head?

Separation looming
M
mandown Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thinking about suggestng a date night as well. Something new we haven't done. Not right away, but maybe in a couple of weeks, Maybe a comedy club, or Bachata lessons.

Separation looming
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard