Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
E
E
Shining...

Quote:
I have decided to blame Eric, uR, (and a few others who may choose to remain anonymous but know who they are)....for pulling me out of my shell.

It's fine to blame me. I am sorry you feel this way smile

That said, all you've done is allow yourself to live again, which is a good thing. You reach down inside and pulled out some of the old Shining. I didn't do anything at all, this is all you. So keep living...keep being the best you can. Oh...and remember, do not put that mirror down.

Quote:
Apparently, "Hoarder-Chic" is not a good decor style after all.

Ummm....do they not have storage units by you?

BTW, did you work up that financial plan?

One other question..........

What gives a person HOPE? I'm interested in what your reply is going to be.

Peace,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
T
T
How's your R with your younger self coming along? Listening to her yet?

grin

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi, Eric!

I am living again, huh? I had forgotten how much fun it is to have fun. laugh

And, yeah, I actually do have a storage unit. I have been selling off a ton of stuff from inside of it on CL. Feels good to purge, "out with the old."

My apartment it's small, but it's really kinda nice.... I have a few storage bins of photos and some papers yet to sift through. The storage unit is not climate controlled, so photos have to stay inside the apartment.

Then, of course, there's he decision of where to display my new life-sized Eric statue. wink

I did a preliminary budget. My car insurance is going to go down next week, and then again in December, once the twins are removed. I'll have a better number once that happens.

I have yet to contact H regarding some car details, in order to refinance and keep the warranty. Admittedly, I'm not looking forward to that. I'm feeling so much better lately, I don't want to spoil it by talking to him...so I'm avoiding, I suppose. Ugh.

Ok, "What gives a person hope?" (Brain switch coming on...booting up.)

Hmmm.... I'm thinking a person who is "being given" hope, must currently have none. They are "hopeless."

To give hope to someone who is hopeless.... The hopeless one would need to somehow see a new possibility. Something that once seemed impossible.

Is that what you mean? Or am I way off....

Hi, T!

My younger self won't stfu. NOW what. grin

I'm kidding...(Dangit, see? There she goes again.)

She's good. I look at a pic of her daily. I did notice I had to stop playing the recording in my head, that was my mother commenting on how my hair wasn't combed properly and "did your teacher do that to you?" Lol.... Yeah.

What do I do next?

T
T
This is a whole new "R" ..... take some time to get to know each other, because, sounds like you are already starting to do what comes next.... live your life on YOUR terms, figure out what from the old you want to keep, explore outside the boxes from the past, outside your old comfort zone, you two work together now, a team.... grin

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

M
M
Go ahead wit yo bad self, Shining!

I had professional development all day today. Me + sitting around listening all day = not good.

Bright side... I was thinking of you and was singing (in my head), "Shine bright like a diamond..."

Then it was stuck. Hey, stuck on you!

OK, sorry I haven't been so supportive lately. I'm no good...

I have been super busy, you know, gal and all... I have really only been posting on my thread. I wanted to be able to catch up with you before I post to you. Annnndddd.... you are doing so well. As I figured you would be....

So.... about that plane.....

L
L
Um, I think I'm the one that hasn't been around.

You guys are doing great.

Can't wait to see this statue of Eric :-)

Heather

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Welp, here's my latest:

The abbreviated version?
1. H wanted to hook-up with me.
2. H is getting a Vasectomy on Monday. (I had a hysterectomy a year ago.)
3. H bought me a rape whistle.

Yep. I had to read it several times, too.....

Yesterday, I got an email from H that read, "I've been looking at your picture today. It got me excited. I was thinking we could get together sometime before Monday. I'm having a procedure and will be laid up for a week."
Me: "oh? I hope it's not serious."
H:" Vasectomy."

I don't even know....I mean....that's just.....wow.

I was pi$$ed for a few minutes. Then the anger left. Then, I started realizing his mindset, although I do not agree with it, it's really how he is thinking.

He feels our M was long over. He is doing whatever mlcers do to try and feel better. He does not want more children.

He was looking at my picture, and in that moment, he wanted to reach out.

I believe he does not connect the two thoughts at all, the way that we do....people who are not in crises would not do that.

I believe he genuinely could have thought I would like to hear that comment about my picture. After all, it was nicer than complaining about my pores.

Then, today, he said he has mail for me. He added that got me a rape whistle for when I go on my walks. He said I should have something to keep myself safe.

He originally wanted me to carry a handgun.... Do yoga pants have special pockets for those now?

L
L
Oh my Gawd. That's hilarious, in a weird, twisted MLC sorta way...you have a great handle on it. It's weird, isn't it, when you have those moments of clarity into how they view the world. It's so empty.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
U
U
A.Rape.Whistle? Um..well, ok then.

The cuckoo is still flying around the clock. In his mind, it all makes perfect sense.

You have read my convos with my MLCer...enough said. smile

You sound good. I am so glad.

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Heather, yeah....it is so ridiculous, it's funny. I'm right with ya!

There is the initial shock and anger. Then it passes relatively quickly.

It's a strange mix I feel, of compassion and inappropriate make-funnery. crazy

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard