Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks so much Life. I will check it out.

I have 14 items in the queue right now. That's about 14 more than I had last week at this time and paper still managed to come out looking alright. I'm feeling a bit better.

This weekend will be mainly devoted to putting things into place for a smooth production on Monday and Tuesday.

I, also, however want to take a hike with the girls and relax.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
M
M
Heather,

Starting any new job is so overwhelming- especially when there are new computer systems to learn. shocked

You will get it, I have no doubt. Job has some good advice. I would also suggest, when you have someone sit with you, write it down, step-by-step so you have a reference that you can easily utilize any time you need.

You are doing an amazing job. Try not to get too overwhelmed. One thing at a time. Keep your focus on that, then move on. Don't sweat stuff you can't control.

Have you read anything about Buddah? There is a book for teens which is pretty interesting. I got it for s17 to help with his stress and anxiety. I read some before I gave it to him. It was pretty good. I was going to finish it when he was done.

Hey- if you are looking for a column, I know where you can find a writer! wink He writes stuff mostly based from that area, so the locals would totally get it. He is already in for one of the few papers you can choose from!

Good luck, girl. It will all start to calm down once things get more familiar and settled. I am sure it is quite overwhelming at this point. One thing at a time.... you got this!

What are you doing next Saturday? I'm thinking Finger Lakes... wine country! Beautiful this time of year.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I just need to vent a bit about some, what I see as abusive posts, on another thread.

Honestly, if I had received a series of confrontational, Socratic method posts...when I was at my absolute weakest...I doubt I would return to this forum.

This isn't Harvard Law School.

Experience, strength and hope...that's what I came here for. What purpose does it serve to have someone so raw explore how they screwed up their marriage or what hidden agenda they may have when filing for separation? And, to jump to these conclusions because someone defends themselves?

Personally, I see this as abuse.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
And, thank you Mighty for the support. It's much appreciated right now.

I learned tonight that the little girl who was assaulted is finished with the physical exam and visit from children's services. I guess children's services will be calling me.

I feel so blessed that these friends whose daughter was assaulted...they are still friends. I'm relieved the exam is over and done with. The little girl is healthy and will be ok. She has lots of love around her.

Still overwhelming, scary stuff, but I'm trying hard to turn it over.

LoisB - You have been dealing with so much. I think your job sounds incredible! About a million years ago I was editor of my college paper and I loved it though trying to produce a weekly issue was so stressful even though I was still a student. Politics were rampant.

I imagine working in a small community is somewhat similar and sometimes even more difficult. Hang in there because with a little time I have a feeling you will create a new rhythm to your job that will help you achieve great success. It takes months to understand all the nuisances of a new job. You are making great progress.

I am so sorry to hear about the young girl. What a brave child and you are helping both families by being transparent and providing factual information to the authorities. I can imagine it must be difficult but you are facing it all head on. What an important message for your daughters.

Hang in there. You are focusing on the right people and taking care of the right things.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

B
B
Heather, I like job’s advice in sitting back and observing for now. I also agree with her that it will take a couple of months to get settled with your job. I started my job in May and just now I’m starting to feel very comfortable with it. Give yourself some time. You will get there.

As for the anxiety… I don’t remember if you so meditation. I found it very helpful when I can join some free meditation series on mentor’s channel. There is one going on right now. I wish I could send you the link, but I’m afraid I’m going to be put on mediation here, LOL.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank Bright, I really appreciate all the support right now.

I do meditate...I may need to be more consistent with it. My new schedule still feels all over the place. I know exercise would make a big difference.

For today,

I'm going to church with D12. I plan on asking if I could meet with the minister in private. I'd like to talk to her about joining the church, getting D12 baptized and the possibility of counseling.

I'm also going to take a walk. It's a bit dreary here today, but I know the lab would love a long hike.

In addition to doing laundry...I plan on working for 3-4 hours today. I really want things firmly in place for tomorrow. That means working hard today, but it will pay off tomorrow and Tuesday.

Love to everyone...I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Oh, and I want to wash the car.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Washed the car.

Went to church. Minister wasn't there, but have phone number.

Spent the morning with D12.

I'm going to chill a bit and, then, get to work.

B
B
Heather. You are doing an amazing job at your new gig. You are the new guy so there are many people at your job that may be jealous about your position or are just insecure themselves so they are not supportive.

Your posts this weekend did an amazing job of staying focused

You are totally right about not abusing people on these boards. I hate the term and the act of 2x4. For me I have learned so much from people just listening to me and agreeing with me and then maybe asking me a question or two.

There is absolutely no reason ever to hurt someone on these boards. So many of us leave our blood sweat and tears in our posts.

Oh btw have you ever read we are the mulvaneys. Watertown area reminds me so much of that book. Such a great book and actually does tie in to our current life circumstances and how things do travel full circle

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard