Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
O
O
Me neither. It makes me look effeminate ;-)

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I don't know, OD, you might could rock mascara. I grew up in the 80s, some of those rocker guys looked OK with eyeliner and mascara. But you need big hair, too.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
J
J
I had big hair in the 80's, but sadly, I did not rock the mascara.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Hey rpp-

I hate waterproof mascara as well. I'd rather look like a 52 year old Elvira than rip my last eyelashes out. I just hate crying like that anyway. I always feel like crap and my face looks puffy afterward. But sometimes it can be cathartic.

Quote:
I recognized the pain as feeling unloved and abandoned,

I had an IC tell me long ago that this feeling should say, "I have not loved myself enough". And she drove the nail home by telling me that all relationships should make an already happy and fulfilled life better by virtue of them being in it, but that I really needed to own my own path and happiness all by my big girl self. I'll admit to mulling that one over and spending a lot of time figuring out how I better needed to support my own cause.

But you got it:

Quote:
And when I get to the place where I love myself I think I'll be much better off.

It's an aha moment for sure. When you start implementing this plan, I can promise you that you'll be in a much better and healthier frame of mind.

Have a good time at your S18's college! My D20's parents weekend is this weekend, but she's in Rochester playing volleyball. We made last weekend a "volleyball parents weekend" instead. It was awesome. Spending time with my oldest always makes me feel a little bit happier. smile

Hugs-
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
L
L
For what it's worth rppfl, I find that for me those crying times are often followed by really good, strong, happy days. I don't think they are a waste of time, I think they are needed to process and move on.

Now when the crying days strike I wallow in it and feel better. I know they will pass.

But yeah, the puffy eyes and raccoon look is not such a good one. :P

Big hugs, LisaB

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Welcome back, Betsey! How was your trip?

Originally Posted By: Underdog

I really needed to own my own path and happiness all by my big girl self. I'll admit to mulling that one over and spending a lot of time figuring out how I better needed to support my own cause.

What did this look like for you? This is something I am just having a hard time understanding. I don't know why. I

B
B
Crying is a good way to let it out.
Stick with the concept of loving yourself. You, and only you, can make you happy. Finding that special someone to share it with is just icing on the cake.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
rpp--My trip was great! The weather was crappy, but nothing that couldn't be overlooked with good food and a little wine. wink I kept my travel crap out, because I'm heading back to NY on Wednesday - this time to the NYC area.

Quote:
What did this look like for you?

LOL, I knew I was gonna be on the hook for this one! Here's how it all started for me. I forced myself to analyze all the excuses I made. Across the board. For myself and others and for situations. And in that muddled mess was a common theme. I bet you have a common theme too. But in the end, I found out through that introspection that I was the one who prevented myself from moving forward. My excuses were based on an erroneous set of assumptions and conclusions, and when I challenged myself, I found out that things were vastly different than the small box where I based all those assumptions.

Hint: the common denominator in all of that was... me. cry

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ok Betsey, you aren't going to spoon feed me, are you? That's ok, in between work and home the radio preacher smacked me in between the eyes again. Now I'm going to be in the car alone for six hours. Not an accident I'm sure.

And LisaB I'm looking forward to a good strong happy day with my son tomorrow.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This weekend we are all scattered. D16is out of town with friends. H took D12 to a theme park with a friend and the friends dad. I am at S18s college parents weekend. H and I have exchanged texts about kid stuff but I also asked common courtesy questions about the drive, etc. The extent of his texts back to me have been about himself and one that started with "you need to". Not how was the drive, how is the hotel, glad you got there safely, what activities are planned for today? Nada. And I was crying over this guy yesterday?

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard