Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
A
AJM Offline
A
Nothing like a sick pet and a toothache to get you ready to go out, no Tad? I wonder if there is a hot poker around? Maybe to kind of round the night out? wink

Quote:
My grandmother used to tell me that I was the most sentimental person that she ever knew. I used to think that maybe that was a good thing, but now I'm not so sure.

I feel pretty pathetic and sad.
Has it ever occurred to you that your stepdad did to you what his father did to him? What he thought of as "normal"? What he was taught was the best for you? Some people actually feel that if you show a feeling you must be weak (if you're a male; emotional if a woman.)

Has it occurred to you that you are different than other people but maybe not that different? I mean it's not like other people don't feel things. But they may have propagated the illusion that real men don't feel things when they saw you openly express your feelings.

As for the rat? Doesn't sound like the ol' girl is ready to give up the farm just yet. I suggest you get another when her time with you is up. You obviously seem to enjoy their company. I can't see why you wouldn't, to be honest.

Thoughts?

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Renee, Job, Ur and AJ.

Quote:
Wow seems like four yrs. ago was just yesterday. I remember when u joined, I was still a hot mess. We both have come a long way.

Yeah we have. I was thinking that earlier today. So much has happened in four years and I have come a long way, but thought I would be, and would love to be further along.

Quote:
I'm glad the little girl is still alive and very much kicking. She probably had a cold or a bug and is feeling much better now. We all get attached to our little fur babies. They love us unconditionally and they fill a void during a crisis. Don't ever say "never" because you've become an animal lover and no matter what, we all need companionship and love in our lives, i.e., be it human or a pet.

She is still kicking. Matter of fact, she is doing a little better. I got creative and cracked open a capsule of Amoxicillin that was given to me by my dentist. It is an antibiotic that is safe for rats. I mixed it with some yogurt and give her just a little bit two times a day. She's had a few minor breathing episodes today, but nothing like the ones she had been having. She is still a little weak, but is moving around much better today. I really hated seeing her suffer and it makes me happy that she is doing a little better. I've noticed a big difference. I'm sooooo glad that she "talked" me out of putting her to sleep yesterday.

Quote:
Tad, you are so hard on yourself, sweetie.

Your rats give you unconditional love..

Im sorry your stepfather said those words to you. He was wrong, Tad. Very wrong.

I've always been hard on myself Ur. Always. Not sure why.

Unconditional love? Yes they do. As I've said, it may sound foolish, but my little ratties are my best friends. I never really understood the Michael Jackson song "Ben", but now that I have my ratties, I do. It was actually a song that he wrote about a rat that he had. Yeah, Michael Jackson wrote a song about a rat! smile Look it up sometime.

As for my stepdad, yeah, he was a real piece of work. Some of it was his upbringing and some was his military background I think. I was a p*ssy for crying over a dog, uncoordinated because I was left-handed, a wimp because I was extremely close to my grandmother.....it goes on.

Quote:
Nothing like a sick pet and a toothache to get you ready to go out, no Tad? I wonder if there is a hot poker around? Maybe to kind of round the night out?

Haha. Yeah. I'm going to force myself to go out next week if I'm not in too much pain from getting my tooth yanked.

Quote:
Has it occurred to you that you are different than other people but maybe not that different? I mean it's not like other people don't feel things. But they may have propagated the illusion that real men don't feel things when they saw you openly express your feelings.

Yeah. I'm sure other people feel things. I was just always taught that men or boys showing feelings meant weakness. I was juggled between households a lot as a kid and with the exception of my grandmother, I was always taught or it was implied that boys/men aren't supposed to show feelings. They can feel them, but not express them.

Quote:
As for the rat? Doesn't sound like the ol' girl is ready to give up the farm just yet. I suggest you get another when her time with you is up. You obviously seem to enjoy their company. I can't see why you wouldn't, to be honest.

Thoughts?

Hmmm.....I would love to have more but.....not sure if I want the sadness every two-three years. Their life spans are so short. They are amazing pets. I would have never believed it a few years ago. Yes, I do enjoy their company and I would love to have more. Maybe I will change my mind or consider it someday. S22 has already told me that he is going to surprise me with another little girl when these go, but I really hope he doesn't. Atleast not anytime soon.

Tad

P.S....yes Jack, I'll start a new thread soon. smile

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard