Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I texted xh tonight to let him know that I'd paid a lot of $ for d13's Frozen costume for the Homecoming Parade. She is trying to talk him into buying her a superhero costume for Halloween. After I purchased the "parade" costume, she said she'd use it for Halloween, since it was rather pricy.

I let him know, I said:

me: I'm sure d13 is trying to talk you into a costume. I bought her a $75 Frozen costume for the parade. It's up to you, but she can wear that as far as I'm concerned.

xh: ok. Thanks

I don't like my kids trying to "work it". We wouldn't allow that if we were together. He has always been the "push-over" as far as purchases are concerned. I don't want to raise my kids like that. If he wants to contribute, I'd rather it was towards the contacts and glasses both of the kids currently need. We will see!

M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
HA! I think I get a daily reminder of what an idiot I am.

This morning I was running late (as usual). I jumped into my friends car (we are carpooling), and was trying to get myself together. I hadn't even had any coffee yet. My brain does not function with out it. Really. It doesn't.

So it was 7am, and since I was running late... so were my kids. I'm the rooster of the house. (If you can imagine a decrepit, tired, sad, old rooster. One who has begrudgingly woken up daily, much earlier than ever wanted. Yeah, I'm that kind of rooster in the morning- an unreliable one. Like "Herbie doesn't like to make toys!" This rooster doesn't like to call!)

I hopped in my friends car and said, I've got to make sure s17 is up, since he was still upstairs when I left.

I call:

me: You up?

s17: Yeah

me: Are you going to take my car today?

s17: What?

me: Are you going to take my car today?

s17: Mighty! (words start coming out, but I don't hear them... I panic and look at my phone.)

me: Je... Cr...! (which I never say, but I was flabbergasted!)

CLICK!

AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WASN'T S17!!! Can you guess? Yup. DARTH! (as Shining previously referred to him- Darth Vader- I love that) It was XH!

I totally hung up. I didn't know what to say and panicked. Oops. My bad. So much for him not hearing my voice.

D
D
That's funny OMG!!!

Me: 54
H: 58
Married: 29 years
Together 33 years
H admitted to A: 5/29/14
H moved out :6/15/14
OW lives 4 hours away and "occasionally" stays weekends with H
D23
D18
K
kml Offline
K
Lolol. I hope he was lying next to OW when you called smile bet it would tick her off.

B
B
Oh, Mighty, I can totally imagine the look on your X’s face when you show up to your kids’ games with a super hot guy. I would want to be that fly on the wall. Oh, wait, on the stadium stand…

I’m with kml, I can’t wait for that DNA test.

You are amazing! You are managing to pull through all of this. I cannot even imagine to be in your sitch.

Your last phone call… So funny… I’m curious if your x is going to wonder who was suppose to take your car, LOL.

Waiting for the updates smile

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
K
kml Offline
K
Ooh yeah....if he calls later for an explanation, DON'T tell him you meant to call S. Just say " sorry, I meant to call someone else" smile

M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Haha! No doubt! I like the way you think, kml.

Or he may be thinking I actually was calling s17, but wondering where the heck I was. Why I didn't need a car? And why wouldn't I know if s17 wasn't up? Wasn't I home to get them up?

I don't think he knows I carpool now, and I leave earlier than I used to. He must have been so confused. (Or didn't think twice.)

I think it's funny. Let him wonder. But no, I wouldn't clarify if asked. Just "Oops! My bad. Wrong number. Sorry!"

M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I had a pretty good day. I feel like I am starting to come out of the funk I was in for a little while. I'm not sure what sent me back, exactly. I guess dealing with the reality of my sitch. I don't know how many time I will go back into that funk, but I can't wait until it stops. Yesterday was pretty good, today was better.

I have to admit. The past few weeks have been a little tough. I know my friend's passing triggered something too. It was difficult to come out of. It's like I get these depressive symptoms or something.

And what stresses me is grocery shopping. I am so afraid of running into them. I go so long sometimes before I make it there... we have to get creative with dinners. My poor kids. It's bad. The guilt I feel. There are some areas that I really have to work on. Things would be so much better if they were far away... or at least further.

(Self, stop digressing... back to the good!) <<<<< That is what I really have to do. Talk to myself all the time!

I can feel myself on the come-back and looking forward to things. I feel really good being independent. I like finding myself without input from anyone. At all. I do have people I can trust and confide in, but I don't like people pressuring me as to what I should do/feel/act... that kind of stuff. I talked to my mom about this. She is wonderful, but I do tell her to stop when I feel pressure from her. Today, for example, she was talking to me and said something. I just sighed. She said, "Do you want me to leave?" I said, "NO. I just don't want you to tell me what I should do." She respects that and drops it. I have been clear about it. And she has been through a lot herself, so she gets it.

XH called d13 today. I could hear his voice. That gets to me. It still makes me spin a little. I wish it didn't bother me. I don't want him in my head anymore.

Next post... coming up.

M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Forget it. I just can't anymore. I deleted my post. I had a question for the vets. I am just so tired of my focus on him. On her. Over it.

It was really about how I'm good, but how to get past these things that linger. But as I type them out, I realize I just continue to give it more thought and energy. Poo poo to that.

I need more excitement in my life. That's what I'm looking for.

S
S
MIGHTY!!!!!!

I'm not the vet you're looking for....lol......there's that whole "vet" part missing. Minor detail.

BUT!! You're looking for excitement? Come see meeeeeeee!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exciting....

BUT- we could certainly look for it together??

Ok, Might, I'm proud of you. That post above? Look at you. Rising above like the exquisite lady of grace that you are....

I get the curiosity. It's natural. You can't NOT have it sometimes.... And I see you're doing an awesome job noticing and getting the hekk outa that.

I mean....who ARE you??

Hey.....good question.....who are you? Did you do that stuff with the questions and lists and such? Or is that taking a break for now? I have no opinion on what is best (refer to top of post where it says "vet" part missing)....

Just curious. smile

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard