Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
Wet Offline
W
Hi Kat, you know that you are wonderful, as do all of us here that you have helped out. Please don't let B & N bring you down. Some place will see you for the great person that you are, and things will fall into place from there.

Best wishes.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
That is so sweet of you Tom. I appreciate you lifting my spirits with all you are going through. Yes, even my S22 said Mom you will figure this out. Don't worry. Did I mention I am the queen of worry? I have to focus on me right now, I can't control the other stuff that is going crazy around me.

I know it will all turn around. I keep putting in this effort and I can see it, so I don't know what piece I am missing to making it all click.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
S19 just told me that ex's wife is going to his girlfriends baby shower. I am mad, upset and hurt. She has my ex and now she wants my grandchild too... I know I am probably over reacting.

I am in tears.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
S
S
YUCK! Are you going? Have you ever met her? Who invited her? I guess the kids can invite her if they want to but I have to say - I would also hate that.

I'm sorry.

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Nope, never met the .&$@)(!?@&$)(. She would have to know how disrespectful it is. My son is trying to justify it and gosh It hurts. I said if this was just your dad's wife, not affair partner, it would be different. Man all this pain from the past just flooded up.

My other kids are saying they( ex and his wife) don't want to be with me either. Coud have fooled me on this one. My eyes hurt from crying so much. I am trying not too. S19 is saying he didn't realize it was a problem(really where has he been?) or he would have said something to his girlfriend. Guess he has never told her the whole mess.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
You guys are all so far ahead of me. I just hadn't thought of a time when I would have to deal with her.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
S
S
Hey Kat,

I've been at this for 13 years. Haven't met her. Don't want to. I think you need to talk to both your son & his girlfriend & let them know how much this hurts.

When is the shower?

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The shower is November 2nd. I mentioned it to ex that I would need the girls back early so we could go to the shower. I hadn't RSVP'ed yet but like I said S19 just dropped it on me. He said his girlfriend isn't super fond of her either but that she has been helping her figure out insurance and stuff.

Then the real kicker was that he said she would be this child's grandma too. Talk about kicking me when I am down! Here I am starting to get a better grip on their situation, and I am not even thinking about her, just my kid. I feel as if I have fallen backwards a couple of years.

I am not out to create a scene, this shower isn't about me but man, I am really hurting. Guess I am being the baby now.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
S
S
I guess the reality is that they will be including their father in the baby's life so his wife will be a natural part of that. I think the shower will be the first part. And I know you will be the bigger person. Over the next couple of weeks you really have to figure out how you are going to do that. But you will.

Stay far from her. Don't say anything you will regret. Be as supportive of son and his girlfriend. The baby is a reality. Best you improve your R with the mother of your granddaughter.

I can't imagine it. But I KNOW you can do it.

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I do get along with her. I just don't know her very well. S19 included her in pretty much everything before, sometimes without asking.

I will figure this out somehow. Kind of like everything else.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard