Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
M
M
No mindreading, GB! He sounds so into you. Don't doubt yourself. It's the confidence that's attractive. Sounds like it was fun! That is so great! OK, so you did not keep your expectations high. That's good. Have fun with it, GB!

Don't worry about why he didn't respond. He was being playful and you followed along. And really, if he is truly going to disappear after one text, its better now than later.

Who knows why he hasn't responded yet. He's thinking of ya, sexy. Ha! I love it! Don't sweat it. He'll be back. If not, someone else will. Head up, shoulders back, keep on smilin'!

S
S
Yep....what Mighty said.

I may not read this right, so my apologies in advance if I'm off....

Quote:
Now I get to pass him a few times a week and feel ridiculous. Xh has twitter breakdown and is in a R. I flirt with someone and I become stupid. Why did I send that dumb text????

First, xh is not in a real R.

Spidey shirt and middle-school level tweet vomit is evidence that a real R is not possible for xh right now. Ok? So, we'll not compare the Gorgeous Georgiabelle's sexxxaaayyyy moment to that mess.

And yeah, the mindreading... No one knows why the guy didn't respond. Doubtful that after the conversations leading up, that he would run after one comment? Doesn't seem to fit, IMO.

It makes perfect sense that you're hesitant. And more perfect sense that you may not feel comfortable letting your guard down.

It seems like you may be looking super duper hard for any little sign under a microscope, that he may reject you?

GB, you are an amazing woman. Do not allow a single texting correspondence to get into your head and start thinking stinky. What someone else does or doesn't do, has zero to do with your worth. Nope. Nothing.

I'm diggin' the dizzy thing, tho..... wink

A
A
Oh GB, you make me laugh! Honestly, what do you care what this guy thinks? Or if he responds? When you see him as you pass by just smile and wave and carry on. You might be misreading his silence, also. Don't panic. You're just having fun anyway. Don't let this ruin it for you.

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
E
E
GB

Your not stupid. Period. Stop over thinking it.

Mr. Hot young stud may respond later.

As for XH….would you want to be in a R with him? Hmmmm…I think ya might want to pray for the lady (or guy) that he is with.

Okay…back to the whole flirt..date…make out session with Mr Hot Young Stud….

It was YOUR first date..since all of this crap started. Give yourself a break will ya.

DB101 – “Change how you look at things”….

Rather than looking at this as a negative…look at it as a positive…..

1- GB stepped outside of her comfort zone
2- GB went out and had a good time with a hot dude
3- GB got a little make out on…. (you go GIRL!)
4- GB is starting to see what works and what does not work for her.
5- GB just learned something…….do not put so much expectation on a date.
6- GB now knows…that she can have some level of physical with another person…
7- GB hopefully show now have eliminated any doubt that she can meet someone

A lot of positives GB….a lot.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
W
W
GB darling...you're now back in training wheels...and that is just FINE! I did mine post-Ms. Wonka...flubbed a few and got myself back on my feet.

You're doing just fine and brilliant! cool

B
B
From where I am sitting it took a lot of courage to go on that date!

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Ahoy, Shinging, Eric, Wonka, Bea, and Mighty. I appreciate the support and the smacks on the head.

I guess one thing I realize is that I'm still so freaking quirky and kind of awkward. I didn't notice that as much when I was M. Obviously it was still there, however, I feel like I'm on display now? Yikes. I think I'm still trying to figure me out. I know I'm funny, smart and society tells me that men find me attractive. I don't know why? I know confidence is sexy and some days I have it and some days I just want to close my head in the freezer door. I just feel weird-in general. Maybe some of this stems from time of year (this was the time last year when x Mr GB got new job). I assume one day I will figure this out.

I don't want anyone to miss a good laugh. When I went into guys house post date, he said "do you wanna hang out for a while?" I said, "sure." He said. ,"I'm not sure what is supposed to happen here?" I actually said," hey, we could maybe kiss if you want." Yes, I actually said that. I'm one smooth operator. I figured since I've only kissed one person in 12 1/2 years I would seize the opportunity of he hotness before me. Eric, do men find quirky, dorkiness hot? smile. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm paving the way in awkwardness post D for everyone.

Hope everyone is well. Happy Friday eve:-)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 10/23/14 03:30 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
He said. ,"I'm not sure what is supposed to happen here?"

I think HE takes the award for awkward dorkiness on a date, not you!

M
M
Hey Georgia,
Well, you've been busy while I was away! You go girl!! Just so you know, "dorkiness" is very "in" right now. I think they call it being "a'dork'able"! See that, you're in the "in" group and didn't even know it!

By the way as a male here on the forum I MUST know what that "hot" move was that Mr Young and Hot pulled! Sounds like it could come in very handy in my future!! smile

E
E
GB

Quote:
Eric, do men find quirky, dorkiness hot? . I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm paving the way in awkwardness post D for everyone.

First off….. “pave the way” …go ahead girlfriend! Be YOU that is what this is about – is it not? This should be about GB really getting to know the GB that SHE has always wanted to be. Not the GB, that XH wanted, not the GB that Momma GB wanted, not the GB that GB’s boss wants, not even the GB that GB’s kids want. NO! This should be YOU finding and learning who YOU really are!

In keeping with the above…..”do men find quirky, dorkiness hot?” – Me personally, yes, it depends though. The question really should not be directed to me or to any other man, if you think about it. The question should be directed to YOU…….. “does GB like men who think she is quirky and dorky”. It is about YOU GB! Oh and before you tell me that is selfish….it is NOT. It is being true to YOURSELF.

Keep going out, keep exploring yourself. These feeling you have are IMO, the result of YOU never living your life the way YOU wanted to. This “awkwardness” is because IMO, deep down inside…you feel like you are supposed to be like THIS or THAT – BECAUSE of THIS and THAT.

I get so excited when I read posts like yours because it is sooooo much fun to watch someone grow into WHO they WANT to be.

I soooooo proud of YOU GB – You Lois, shining and a few others…are really growing and becoming who you want to be.

So when is the next date? What else beside dating is going on? How are the kiddos adapting?

Oh…one other comment…..IMO, most men (or at least secure men) like women who know who they are, know what they want, are intelligent (not defined as…”I graduated from…”), communicative….and loving.

The fact that you said….”hey maybe we could kiss”……believe it or not – says…a) you know what you want b) were secure enough to say it (even though deep downside you were probably chitting bricks)……

Your doing fine….you are doing fine….just keep being YOU.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard