Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
Shakspr Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Gunn's - awesome.

My Serv-Pro experience - less so. Your assertion of individual ownership makes sense. Their work was fine, but the experience was not so cool. Mainly because my case manager loved using my personal goods $$ as an opportunity to "attempt" to clean stuff for which there was no hope.

I caught on, but not until she had spent money I would rather have used in recreating my home library of first edition Sci-Fi!

I sent an email to Gunn's to see if they'll do a one off. Maybe I'm just lazy - or maybe it's not just the vomit I want to get out of my mattress top.

Smells are powerful. I don't want get a whiff of my XW every time I go to sleep.

Me: 43 XW: 43
T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
BD: 8/6
EA / possible PA discovered 9/29
D final 10/20
J
J
Call Chris B over at CRDN. He'll take care of you. Based on your description, I know exactly who the office was that assisted you. Sorry about that. If we had taken care of you 7 years ago, it would have been smooth sailing.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
S
Shakspr Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Jefe - dropped off my stuff at CRDN. Didn't meet Chris, talked to Nate.

So, last night, was alone for first night since divorce. Hung out with friends playing a tactical board game for a couple of hours. Tried calling children, went straight to VM. No sweat, texted XW to ask her to encourage SS15 to keep it charged.

I try to pick up a few things every day, move forward, etc. Was working up a good moment of disgust with XW as I thought about OM, her decisions, all the pain. Got to closet. Grabbed a binder that I have literally never looked at. Our engagement pictures were inside. I haven't seen that photo in years.

Folks, I still love my XW. I had a decent cry, decided yet again to hope. To DB, to make myself better every day. I choose to believe, to pray.

Something tells me that this is a decision the long-term LBS makes frequently.

T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
D final 10/20
J
J
I don't think I know Nate. But Chris is good people. Maybe you can meet him when you pick up.

"Folks, I still love my XW. I had a decent cry, decided yet again to hope. To DB, to make myself better every day. I choose to believe, to pray.

"

Praying with you and for you.

I choose to believe. I choose to believe God can and will restore my marriage. I choose to believe that God can and will change me into the husband, father, and man I need to be and should have been.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
W
W
The OM will screw up eventually, Shakspr. He's scum. Anyone who would approach a married woman is scum. He will alienate her eventually, because all he cares about is himself.

M 16 T 17
W moved in w/ AP (OW) 5/14
ILYBNIL 5/14
A discovered 6/14
D papers served via USPS 8/14
Filed my response 9/14
D final 5/15...
R
R
Originally Posted By: Shakspr

Folks, I still love my XW. I had a decent cry, decided yet again to hope. To DB, to make myself better every day. I choose to believe, to pray.

I'm glad to hear you have a renewed sense of hope and purpose. Your XW is lost right now - but I would be willing to bet there will come a time when she begins to ask herself questions and will be open to viewing you as you really are and not just through the distorted lenses she is wearing now. Good for you.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
P
P
Originally Posted By: Shakspr
Jefe - dropped off my stuff at CRDN. Didn't meet Chris, talked to Nate.

So, last night, was alone for first night since divorce. Hung out with friends playing a tactical board game for a couple of hours. Tried calling children, went straight to VM. No sweat, texted XW to ask her to encourage SS15 to keep it charged.

I try to pick up a few things every day, move forward, etc. Was working up a good moment of disgust with XW as I thought about OM, her decisions, all the pain. Got to closet. Grabbed a binder that I have literally never looked at. Our engagement pictures were inside. I haven't seen that photo in years.

Search for a DivorceCare group in your area. I know many people who have benefited from it.

-PM

M:12y - BD:12/11 - D:6/13 - 4Ds

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK Jr.
S
Shakspr Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, PM. The ones in my area have times that are inconvenient until after the holidays. I am trying to include the DivorceCare for Kids in the plan. I have also heard good things.

T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
D final 10/20
J
J
Very cool. My church offers the D care too.

Hang in there, man. My thoughts/prayers are always with you guys.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
S
Shakspr Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Started the Purpose Driven Life for Commuters (audiobook CD). It's brief and thoughtful. It seems that there are some criticisms out there (mostly about the Bible translations that he quotes) that I will leave to others. Hey, I had it on hand! 40 days of lessons

Day 1: It's All About God

Point to ponder:
It's not about me.

Verse:
Colossians 1:16 - For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Question to consider:
In spite of all the advertising and distraction I see around me, what can I do to remind myself daily to live for Christ, focusing on him and not myself.

My answer to the last question is twofold:
1) Tithing. This is the toughest act of obedience for me and one that has brought me closer to Him.
2) Practice forgiveness/choose not to engage in gossip. In the workplace, good people often do things ranging from questionable to reprehensible. I will be the lighthouse to these people whenever I can be. Forgiveness is for me, for God, and for those who have wronged me or those I love. And it's hard.

T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
D final 10/20
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard