Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Wonka #2496027 10/10/14 04:04 PM
G
G
Holy Cannoli!

It sounds as though Ms. Wonka gave you a thoughtful reply and although there will be some kinks to smooth out as you go along, a real friendship is in the works!

It also points to how much we can misinterpret intent through written communication. In person can be so painful, yet writing leaves out that important body language and intent.

I am happy for you, and for her. I hope to see this develop more fully over the few months!

YAY!!!!

---GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

GoatGal #2498450 10/19/14 07:51 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks, GGG. Now we wait. Still radio silence. I'm ok with that.

Bets, I'm calling you as I'm trying to locate a great quote about beliving some rumor that doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth. Can you please point me in that direction? I cannot recall whose thread you posted that comment. I want to jot it down as a future reference.

Thanks much! smile

Wonka #2498749 10/20/14 04:48 PM
Hey Wonks,

Just got back from NY last night and am trying to catch up here and at work. Work will win, but I posted that quote on rpp's thread in Newcomers. I actually heard it in a political ad this morning too!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start! Mine is... we went under contract on the house last Thursday. Inspection is happening now; keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I'm so ready to not take care of 2 houses.

TTFN-
Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks, Bets! Will put that quote here so I can remember it.

Posting here for posterity....

Originally Posted By: Underdog
I don't know where it occurred, but somewhere along the line someone challenged me and I heard every word they said. "Why do you think it's true just because someone said it was?" I dunno, RPP. That one hit me in the solar plexus. It became the ground work for me challenging what I felt I valued and stood for before then. It rocked my world, because I realized how stagnated my thinking had become. And the flip side is why I didn't believe if I said it, it *was* true? WTF?

Thank you!!! smile

It is pretty obvious that you're not a rental landlord material, m'dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now on to the real "meat" of this post.

Yeah, you guessed it, Gang! Ms. Wonka sent me a response today and I am going to give each one of you 3 guesses on what she said. Y'll have until this Saturday to send in your guesses.

To the person who made one correct guess, I'm gonna send you to the Bonus Round (as in the Wheel of Fortune). Tons of cash is awaiting for ya!!! I promise that you won't be disappointed at all.

Wonka #2500087 10/23/14 11:58 PM
G
G
Wonka,

That is BAIT AND SWITCH!

"Want to find out what happened? Who wins the prize? Well, we're gonna tell you... right after this commercial break!"

So I guess I'm staying tuned for the "MEAT" as promised?

(Just don't make me say: "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" tomorrow, OK?)

So my guesses are gonna be:

1. She also wants a R with you and is willing to work through the various issues on both your sides so this can happen on whatever level.
2. She's coming to visit/invited you to visit, and "She who shall not be named" is either okay with this or it doesn't involve her.
3. She apologized for the hurt she caused you.

Your Pal,

The Goal Gal

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

GoatGal #2500125 10/24/14 01:53 AM
B
B
Wonka, I didn’t realize you have a thread on this forum. I’m just not able to keep up with everybody these days. I will have to catch up on it. I’m very happy to find out that the communication between you and Ms.Wonka continues!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
Wonka #2500259 10/24/14 02:14 PM
Wow, Wonka, I've become pretty piss poor at mind reading and now you want me to hone that skill again?

But for hahas, let's see. I'm going with the outrageous. She and "she who must not be named" got married, because their state finally allowed it?

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
G
G
Hahah! Underdog, that's a good one!

BTW, Wonka, what are your plans for financial (and other) compensation if more than one of us comes up with the answer?

If I win, will you stain my deck while wearing a sarong and keeping my Amaretto glass full?

Sounds reasonable... smile

Oh. Even more outrageous scenario.

4. There is talk of having babies, and you are to play a role!
(I know, that's FOUR guesses, but it just "popped out"!!!)

Your Pal,

The Goat Gal

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

GoatGal #2500849 10/26/14 07:02 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Alrighty....now y'all can breathe now.

The winning prize goes to GGG! You've solved the Bonus Round puzzle and win $50,000 in cash prizes along with a trip to Aruba with your own personal chef & butler at a villa. Courtesy of the DB Airlines! grin

Bets, better start exercising your mindreading muscles! grin I believe Ms. Wonka and the OW are already married...unless Ms. Wonka disproves it otherwise.

What Ms. Wonka sez in her response was...drumroll....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Wonka,

Past few weeks has been quite hectic here. So many things has come up. Hence the delay.

Thanks for the clarification...yes..the friendship issues are different now. I feel that we are doing okay in that regard. Glad to know you are healthy as a horse! Knock on wood!

I wanted to let you know that I will be in XXXX (capital of my State) in November for a 2-day presentation. My time/stay will be short. Would you be interested in meeting up for coffee (maybe this is a beverage that you can drink now? :)) I do not have the details, but it will be in the evening after 6 pm on November XXX.

Let me know if you would like to meet. Have a nice week.

Ms. Wonka

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nice joking comment about coffee as everybody KNOWS I never drink coffee.

The last time we saw each other in person was back in September 2007 to spread the ashes of our beloved dog at his favorite park.

Seven years. Hmmmmm....should be very interesting!!

Wonka #2500851 10/26/14 07:06 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Bright,

I didn't mean to ignore you...holy cakes! Not at all.

Do you like my pretty in pink cabana?!! Pretty cool, eh?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard