Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2497763 10/17/14 02:50 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Matt, LT , Mighty, KML, Shining, GGrass, Live Now, Wonka and anyone else for chiming in. I appreciate all of your insights and logically, I know them to be true. However, this has been a lifelong off and on battle and I don't know-I guess I hoped I didn't have to deal with this again. Wrong!!!!

And honestly, I don't know what to think of this. Hot 33 yr old guy I see occasionally in my building asked me out on a date. He is very funny. He asked if we could meet to say "hi" and he said "I was adorable when I was nervous." I told him I had to go and get my dog from the vet. He yelled across the parking deck "let me know if your heart skipped a beat when we said hi or if I''ve still got a shot!" He may be a DB-doesn't seem it but that incident made me feel giddy, embarrassed, and wonder WTf is wrong with him all at the same time. Still, I liked hearing it.

I'm still a work in progress:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
M
M
GB! That is so cute! I knew it was a matter of time! Good for your! And pulling the hot 33-year-old! You hot momma. That is so awesome.

G
G
I can turn hot 30yo blokes heads by being me funny nice friendly.

Read my thread no Elle macp am I, but supposedly blokes are easy! So just enjoy it. It's nice to feel human and wanted. Not somebody's mum or slave or wife but you in all, your glory.

I think some of us get so caught up in change to make things better we miss being ourselves.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
K
kml Offline
K
All but one of the men I have dated since my divorce were younger. My current serious boyfriend is only 8 years younger, but some were embarrassingly young. I couldn't figure out why the heck these adorable men wanted to hang with my middle-aged self. Eventually I figured out the following:

1) young women in their twenties can be vapid and overemotional; a secure confident intelligent woman without a lot of bs is more fun to hang out with.

2) apparently many men have grown up with fantasies about librarians, teachers, and other older women in their lives (I NEVER imagined!!! Who knew? )

3) we're trendy right now (thanks to Demi Moore I think)

Personally, I never had a thing for younger guys.....they all pursued me. But I have no regrets wink

E
E
GB

First off…from the male perspective….IMO, KML is spot on! Spot on. Even as a younger man (I’m old now )….i found older women fascinating. IMO, they are much more grounded, which I believe is the same reason that younger women often time prefer older men. FTR, my fiancé is 12 years younger than me.

As for the younger man asking you out for a date – my initial reaction is….what are you afraid of? That said, if you are not ready do not date.

GB, part of the process of really finding the new GB is experimenting. Trying new and different things. Some you will like, some you will not. How will you know unless you try?

There is no right or wrong here….there is what GB and GB’s morals and GB the women feel is right. Listen to your gut. Learn to trust yourself. Remember….how do we learn to get up (no pun intended)….if we never fall. Life is about learning, growing….a lot of that is achieved from mistakes.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
L
L
In the spirit of Arrested Development GB, "You really need to lock that down!"

My .02...don't go into it with the expectations of a relationship. But, most definitely, enjoy the attention :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone. I'm going to wing this and just try to have fun. I'm sure nothing comes of this, however, I'll hang put with someone hot for a few hours.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Oooooweeeee
Have fun embrace the attention. Live for you!!!

Me 43 ring off Oct 2014 (my ring back on Feb 2015)
H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
July 2013- H told me he was unhappy.....said he is staying for Son
Feb 18 2014 Found out about OW
G
OP Offline
G
Well everyone- I feel kind of ridiculous. Okay so he guy that I see in my building asked me out for Sunday night. We have been texting- all initiated by him and had a couple of face to face chats. Very brief. Told me he had been in love twice and what transpired. Sunday he asks me if we are still on and I say yes. He gives me directions and we meet somewhere.

This guy is extremely complimentary and told me he had been watching me for months. He is 9 years younger and I am very physically attracted to him. However , I also am a realist of this sitch. He is HOT. I am beyond physically attracted to him.

We go to dinner and it is surprisingly relaxing and funny. He's funny. We cover many subjects. I go back to his house to get my car and he says do you want to hang out for a bit. I said okay. We do start to kiss and without giving TMI, this turns rather steamy. Everyone's clothes stay on and I tell him that we are not going to have sex. It is not that I did not want to, and honestly, I was very tempted as I know this is not a R. I tell him I think it's best I leave, he then he kisses me passionately and does something that was very um sexy. . Clothes still on but I was dizzy. I don't know how to describe it.

As I'm going to my car he said we can go x next time. I am a doubter by nature but eh. He asks me to let him know when I get home and I do. I also said thanks for dinner and had fun. He responded. Today he sends me a text that said " hi sexy." I said. " hi " and hesitated but he did something that was very hot. I said (remember Queen Awkward and weird here) " I don't know if I should mention this although x was rather hot." He has not responded since then. Geez. I can't even flirt appropriately with a person where there no chance for a R. I feel ridiculous. He has responded to any and everything quickly but nada to this.

Now I get to pass him a few times a week and feel ridiculous. Xh has twitter breakdown and is in a R. I flirt with someone and I become stupid. Why did I send that dumb text????

Grrrrrr. Can I not do anything right??

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 10/21/14 02:03 AM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard