Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
K
K
So glad everything went well. So you should have more energy and better movement. That is great! It should also help you deal with things better since you will feel better.

Now start living for you!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
C
C
Nice to hear it all went well!!

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

K
K
Just checking in. Hope things are still on the upside.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I am back at my apartment now, and I love my parents so much, but I had to get out of there.

Weird communication with W. She visited me on Sunday and said she would bring over d17 and s13 to visit on Thursday/today. So I spoke to W earlier and I asked if she could drop the kids off for a bit today. She said she would later in the day, and everything was fine.

Then in the late afternoon I receive a text from d17 asking if we could reschedule the visit until tomorrow, "because Mom's not feeling well." I reply "of course".

Then 10 minutes later d17 texts me saying they are on their way. Huh? OK, we watched a movie together. But half way through the movie, W calls up and asks if she can take the kids back to her place. I let W know we still had an hour left in the movie, and she tells me that she got her haircut and then said she had nothing to do, I invited her over to my place. And she accepted.

W ends up taking a bath at my place, because her condo only has showers. Kinda weird, but ok. We got to watch the movie and the kids liked it, and I appreciated having the extra time with them. W gave me a hug, offers to bring over food (I politely decline, I am well stocked with food), and there was no after-effect from last week's convo where she told me she was seeing her divorce attorney. She was physically hurting, but otherwise she was nice.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Over a week from my surgery. I’m lonely and bored. I have been praying ‘Nitty’s prayer’ over W to turn her over to God and praying that she return to God. I rarely pray for our marriage.

I am in pain for most of the day and I cannot get to sleep at night. Wearing the neck collar 24x7 is annoying. And there is not much progress in having feeling return to my legs. My left arm is really slow in returning any strength. I’m getting frustrated.

And W called me today telling me that she has no money. She has $3300 in repairs for her Jaguar, and that is all the money she has from the sale of the last of her cats/kittens. And d18 (out-of-state) needs help, she doesn’t have any money to pay rent.

W asked me to deal with college's financial aid person to find out where the d18's loans are at, especially the Perkins loan which can be used to help pay for housing expenses. I agreed.

I want to pay d18’s rent, but I don't have any money to pay my own bills. And now being out of work for 2 weeks is only going to put me farther behind. I feel handcuffed, and not in a good way - grin.

One really positive thing though – I weighed myself after the surgery and I lost another 10 pounds. I’ve now lost a total of 86 pounds. Amazing, this is not from me. I haven't exercised in a few weeks.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
A
AJM Offline
A
Kind of like kinetic energy - your body will continue to burn calories once you build muscle mass. Additionally, while it tries to heal, it needs more calories. Your weight loss isn't a surprise considering all of that and your new soft diet.

Don't worry - it bounces back quickly. smile

You need to find a hobby before you go stir crazy. And realize frustration is not always a bad thing. It can be motivating..

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
K
K
Thanks for stopping by Tom. It means a lot to me. I suppose we all have to ride out the rough waves now and then.

Can you do some work on line while you are home? Just thinking out loud. Jobs seem to be on my mind.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
An update with my dealings with W. My W's last words to me before my surgery were that she was seeing an attorney to move forward with the divorce.

Today, she "tagged" me on a family photo on FB - well she tried, all of us in the family were listed, but it was a photo of just d20 with her Bible life verse. A nice photo, I am assuming it was a nice idea. W is doing a fall photograph special and showing off some of her nice photographs from previous fall photoshoots. She's talented.

I happened to check her FB status, and she no longer lists herself as "single", but she's in a "relationship". Who is the relationship with? It's with ME!? This caught me off guard, as we hardly speak anymore. But I'm OK with it.

So she called me today to see how I'm doing with my post-surgery recovery. It was very nice of her to call, so I tell her I'm doing well. She tells me about her hopes of getting some money in thru her photography special, and I told her that I bet she will get lots of clients from this "special rate". Nice conversation.

I ask about the youngest two kids and how they are doing (I've sent texts and an email, with no response) and I miss them. W tells me s13 missed the bus, and so she drove him to school today. She ended up going the wrong way on a 1-way and a police officer was there. She explained the confusion to the officer, and this is the first year at this school, but the officer still gave her a ticket. I flirt a little and say, even with your "pretty smile"? She laughs and said she should have shown a little more cleavage. We both laugh, she was going to talk some more, but I gently end the our talk and say I had to run. Very nice, but I understand the inevitable paperwork is still on its way.

K
K
Keep watching her actions, not her words. She said she is going to the lawyer but what she does is reconnect herself to you on Facebook. Keep being how you are with just that smidge of distance. See if she continues to connect.

Hope you are feeling better.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
Hey Wet. I'm glad things went well with the surgery. It must be a relief to have it over. I am hoping your recovery is going well and you are finding yourself stronger with each day.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard