Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Eric.

I need to check in.

I'm stunned.

Last night, around 10 p.m., after a really grueling couple of days at work...my friend calls me to tell me that her 6-year-old daughter revealed to her that she had been sexually abused at my house by the teenage student--during one of my summer camps.

I go from feeling sick to feeling numb to feeling rage...

I spent a good part of my day today sending detectives back home information...phone numbers and other info about what I know about the boy.

I called his mom last night. She confronted him and he admitted it immediately. This boy is sick, sick, sick. I feel sick thinking of how close he was to my daughter and these other children I love.

The girl who was attacked is one of my favorite little girls in the entire world and her life is forever altered by something that happened under MY watch. Her older brother is the boy who helped me with firewood and the like for the past two years.

It happened during the busiest camp. This boy is a scary predator.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
S
S
Heather, I'm so sorry....what a terrible thing for all.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm beyond...I just can't even wrap my head around the idea that this happened in my home.

I learned today that it happened when we were swimming. The little girl didn't feel like swimming and I allowed her to head up to the house.

Last night, when I received the news, D20 panicked and called my mom while I was still on the phone with the mother of the victim. My mother, then, proceeds to tell me all the myriad of ways this could impact ME and the GIRLS...

"God, I hope this doesn't get into the papers."

"God, I hope you don't get sued."

"Oh my God, I hope you don't lose your job."

And, the list went on. I was in a state of shock and just mumbled something. My mind started rolling and I think I slept for about 45 minutes last night.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I believe he is in custody tonight though. For this, I'm grateful. And, I know I was able to help by providing information to the detectives. I also told his mother that he needed locked up and begged her to step away when she indicated she was going to call the atty and maybe try to prevent the worst. I told her that I heard the details of the little girl's account and the worst needs to happen to this boy. He is sick and is dangerous to other children. I hope she leaves him in custody.

The details are excruciating for me to think about. I can't imagine how it is for the parents. These are people who I love and I just...what do I do? What do I say?

And, then, I have to pull my focus back and remember I have a new job and all sorts of details to work out here and a divorce and...

G
G
Wow. Heather. When it rains it pours.

Sorry to hear this. Just when you think you really can't handle anything else, you find you can.

Unfortunately, that always seems to be the hard way.

How are you at building an ark? Just in case those floods keep coming.... smile

----(G)GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Dry land is looking pretty good right now.

B
B
You did not cause this.

Please do not blame yourself for this terrible circumstance.

You have this weekend to mourn and address the pain of this awful situation. Until this weekend focus on your job. Divorce stuff can wait too.

This is not your fault in anyway. That boy is sick.

Your mother is an a$$. File under IGNoRE. What a jerk. It's hard for me to believe how much program she has

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
If there's any silver lining...

I had had this terrible two days at work. It was my first newspaper issue and with all the office moving and reception party, I just wasn't prepared. Any, I learned I can do this job, but I have some things I need to work on...

However, after facing the reality of this horrible crime committed against a child, and the possibility of losing everything (however overeactive), and the possibility of my own daughter being the victim of this sexual predator...well, working my job and leading my boring life and settling into normalcy all seems like a wonderful luxury today.

And, D20, who came home complaining and hating her new dish washing job at a diner...well, after we received this news last night, she manned up and went to work today...as did I. I did a good job today and came home and we all went to our new church to help decorate for a Haunted House in the church basement. I made a few new friends. I met one woman who has a background in Special Ed and homeschools her daughter who has dyslexia.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Brook :-)

M
M
Oh my gosh, Heather. I am so sorry. This is a lot to deal with.

I am glad the little girl came forward. Now she can get the needed help and this boy can get it too. She probably saved other girls like her from a lot of damage. She is a brave girl.

I am sure this is a lot to wrap your head around, but remember, he is a predator. He was looking for any possible opportunity. He would have found a way to do this, no matter what. That's what people like him do. And they manipulate situations to provide themselves with an opportunity.

I am glad you were able to provide information to help with the investigation.

Deep breaths. It is scary to think that this could have happened to your d or others, but it didn't. Don't stress things that "could have." This is a terrible situation, Heather. My heart goes out to you and all involved.

The family and police are handling it. I'm sorry you have another thing added to your plate. But try to keep your momentum. I know it's difficult. Have faith that this will be taken care of accordingly. There are lots of resources for the little girl to help her through this. I am sure her family will do their best to get her what she needs.

I'm sorry you have to think about this now. Just another reminder about life and its trials, huh? You are strong, Heather.

Don't lose focus. I am still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard