Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
job Offline
Heather,
Wanted to come here this morning and wish you a good day. Enjoy your day of recognition at work and remember, you are not alone. Look at the glass as half full and yes, you've had a lot of positives come your way in the last 3-4 weeks. Bea has pointed out a few of them. As for your mother, she's not going to change at this late date. Learn to accept her for who she is and take what she says w/a grain of salt.

As for your h, I do believe that deep down you were hoping that this move and the changes that you've made over the last few years would wake him up and have him come running back to you. It's time to change the way you think because it appears that is not going to be the case for a long time, if ever. You are young enough to meet someone else who will treat you properly w/respect and love you for the person you are...but it takes time.

You aren't going to enjoy your new life until you are able to put the old one behind you, i.e., getting your legalities in order and moving forward. At some point, your neighbor needs to realize that you have moved on and do not want to hear anything about what he's doing at the old home. But, that will come in time.

For now, enjoy your day. Leave the situation back in Ohio there for today and enjoy your meet and greet. I can't wait to hear how the meet and greet went.

Also, I'm glad to read that your daughter has found a job. This will help will help w/her expenses and give your girls a break from each other.

Last edited by job; 10/18/14 12:45 PM.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Points taken.

Pity party is now OFFICIALLY OVER!!

His loss. Truly.

Taking my dog for a walk now.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
B
B
You are my idol.

I am so amazed at your transformation and your new life.

Give your self more credit.

Also problems and bs are such a part of everyday life we all need to learn to deal with the bs and move on.

Enjoy your party

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank u Brook...back atcha :-)

Party was a resounding success, all the powers that be were smiling and happy as clams with the turnout...it's over and I can simply write now :-)

Oh, and the girls were delightful and polite and charming.

Check please.

Last edited by LoisB; 10/19/14 01:31 AM.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

M
M
Hey Heather! For sure, we are entitled to feeling the way your were. If not, we wouldn't be human. Don't doubt yourself. Sometimes it is good to get perspective to get us to move on. That does not take away from the hurt and gravity of what we are facing. It's OK, Heather. Really.

You are amazing. I really hope you find peace and happiness in your sitch. You have made such a drastic change to improve your life for you and your girls. It is truly admirable.

I think of you guys often. I am happy that your are making a change. Although it is tough now, and you are facing the trials of a new life and a drastic change, I really feel like it will pay off.

See you soon,
Mighty

job Offline
I'm so happy to read that everything went well yesterday. Your meet and greet was a complete success and all three of you should be proud of working as a team to make this happen. Check the box and now on to new and exciting adventures this week.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
W
Originally Posted By: kml
P.S. - someone just posted this on Facebook:

"You'll never get what you truly deserve if you remain attached to what you're supposed to let go of."

Ellie...this is the BEST quote I've ever seen in a loooong time and it did cause a small shift within me over the weekend. Somehow, it seemed as if I had an instant internal understanding and then all of the cells in my body just morphed into alignment.

Thanks, Ellie!! smile

E
E
Congrats on a successful party!

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
"You'll never get what you truly deserve if you remain attached to what you're supposed to let go of."

Ellie, this is a great quote. I never thanked you for it. It spoke to me the day you posted it and, again, today...Thank you.

I went to church today. The sermon was about change. Seems appropriate? Turns out the minister that I was so excited about, well, she announced her retirement today. Bummer. Good news is...there's a million churches in our small town. I will keep going to this one, but may try some of the other ones too.

I ran into another homeschooling mom with a D12!! Yay!! So strange, it was a person I tried to email last week. We made plans to get the two together on Wednesday. The church has a haunted house in the basement. I offered D12 and I to help set up on Weds.

She's driving me a bit batty, so we are meeting some local preteens none too soon.

I didn't get much done today with the newspaper. I sorta hit a wall with work. I think I needed to take a time out. D20 made us a great dinner of meatloaf, cheesy potatoes and green beans. I cleaned the kitchen after, cleaned out the litterboxes, did a little cleaning up outside that I had been putting off. Took a short walk with the pup and D12. I had the world's greatest nap. ;-)

Still feeling a bit lonely and lost in this new world...but, it's going to be ok. I trust that.

I had a moment in church today when God nudged me and asked, "Is there anything you would have done differently? Are you content with the decisions you have made up to now?" The answer was "No."

I got quiet and realized there isn't a single thing I would do differently. I felt peace when I accepted this. I feel content with who I am and the decisions I've made. I feel I have honored myself, my kids, even my marriage. I have been open to God's Will and I've been open to any miracles He may perform where Smokey is concerned. I believe Smokey knows, somewhere, that I would be there for him if he decided to get the help he needs.

I guess what I'm saying...I gave myself something of a break. I accepted that I've done the best I can and I wouldn't change anything. If it wasn't/isn't enough for Smokey, well, that's on him...not me.

E
E
Quote:
I guess what I'm saying...I gave myself something of a break. I accepted that I've done the best I can and I wouldn't change anything. If it wasn't/isn't enough for Smokey, well, that's on him...not me.

As uRworthy would say......

"We did the best we can with the tools we had at the time.".

That is all you ever could do Heather...your best.

So proud of you.

Google Meet ups...there may be a group in your area, which will help you meet more folks within the town.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard