Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
S
South74 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Finally done something I've wanted to do for years and kept putting it of.

I've Signed up to a yoga and meditation class .

Wish me luck .

I've haven't been this active for years with circuits and know this class wonder what else I can do ?

Me 40
W 37
Together 22 years
S18
D12
WaW 12/08/14 after affair exposed , suspected for several months
W returned home for 2 weeks to see if can handle family life
After the 2 weeks she has left .
S
S
Hey, good for you! Have you ever read 25yrs list of things she did to get a life? Wow, you have to admire her.

Have you ever thought about volunteering in something? It doesn't have to be any "organization", just something where you see a "need" in someone's life. What need seems to pull at your heart's string when you know some person doesn't have that help in their life? It is something to consider.

My heart has always gone out to the elderly. Many of them are trying to stay in their homes, but they don't have help around the house like they need (yard work, running errands, small paint jobs, etc.) You may have such a person in your own neighborhood.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
S
South74 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Update

So no contact from wife appart from text on birthday . I did get reply to text about how cost was getting on.
it's been over a month and not sure if I should start initiating some form of contact .
Kids are old enough to have there own contact but was disappointed yesterday when W knew daughter was ill at home and she text her in the evening to see how she was . Not really how you would expect a loving mother to behave. It's almost like she is a WAW who also walked away from her kids .

Me 40
W 37
Together 22 years
S18
D12
R
R
Hi. South the universe will sort her out !!!! Just a quick post might cheer you up. My W sold her volvo on Sunday it was a top of the range cross country version. Old but a lovely car. She rushed out on Monday and bought a very basic Honda. Nice car but not a patch on the volvo. She came over last night to show me and kids and the look of disappointment on her face was classic. I know I should not be happy BUT I have been in good form ever since. I know this post shows I'm not the most mature of men but it did feel good !!!! Take care buddy

S
South74 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
my W cant even afford to buy a car let alone run one on her own. we used to share the family car which i have all the time.
its a bloody pain sometimes as i have to drop of and pick up kids from the MIL all the time . something that id sooner not do for fear of seeing W .
Makes me think somethings not right why do i have to do all the picking up and dropping of but the option of making the kids walk is not something i would do to them.

having to deal with a big fallout with my kids at the moment . my 18 year old son hates his sister who is 12 and it just causes so much trouble . trouble i really could do without.
think son is in a bad place as his biggest ally his mum isnt there to back up his rediculous reactions to his sisters humming or singing or listenning to music on her ipad.

tyring to give him space to sort himself but he really does have it in for his sister at the moment. suppose it doesnt help that his mum has only seen him once since she left over a month ago but has seen his sister every week and sometimes twice a week .
he is score keeping on how many times they have seen her .

this has become worse since i backed away from trying to get them to initiate contact with there mum.

Me 40
W 37
Together 22 years
S18
D12
R
R
Hi mate. I have a 19'year old who freaks every time his sister 13 sings dances etc. I just try to calm him down by explaining that his sis will turn it down as a compromise. It normally works but I try to nip it in the bud. Not sure if it's M situation or just teens. Hard station buddy but we have the kids so who's the real loser ? I also keep the kids doing things together but playing cards watching movies ( on Star Wars at the moment ) and having a set night for things. Still gets tense but is keeping us going so far. Take mate. It can only get better (. I think)

S
South74 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Rd500
That's what had been happening the last week no problems or arguments and D had been making an effort to keep her music low to not annoy her brother .
But after a whole week one silly moment and back to square one but going to try again or I could just do what my W did and just walk away and take the easy option.

I realise my S is feeling very lonely at the moment and that he really misses his mum and I suppose the longer he goes with not seeing her and no real contact then he will get more upset/angry/lonely and I've just got to try and be there for him and be peace keeper between him and his sister. Tears in my eyes as I realise how sad he must be . Gonna give him a big hug when I get home from work tonight I think he needs it.

Me 40
W 37
Together 22 years
S18
D12
S
South74 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The mind of a WAW is gone and not just for me but my kids also.
My D is ill and needed to go to doctors today so I just sent a txt to W and said she had a virus and doesn't need antibiotics and the reply I got was "ok"
Surely expecting a bit more than just "ok" maybe even a hope she gets better soon.
So I'm starting to think that it's not just us LBS that are walked away from but also the kids .

The W made it very clear she was done with family life but I wasn't really expecting this sort of situation . And then hear from MIL And Ws sister that she is missing the kids so much its killing her .

Things don't add up . But do they ever in the mad world I find myself in.

Me 40
W 37
Together 22 years
S18
D12
R
R
Hi south. Seems you have it worse than me. My W comes home most days and stays on e a week. She has girls on Friday night and brings then home sat. She was home last night a spent this morning at breakfast crying and telling me her problems. Dooooh.

R
R
Originally Posted By: South74
The mind of a WAW is gone and not just for me but my kids also.
My D is ill and needed to go to doctors today so I just sent a txt to W and said she had a virus and doesn't need antibiotics and the reply I got was "ok"
Surely expecting a bit more than just "ok" maybe even a hope she gets better soon.
So I'm starting to think that it's not just us LBS that are walked away from but also the kids .

The W made it very clear she was done with family life but I wasn't really expecting this sort of situation . And then hear from MIL And Ws sister that she is missing the kids so much its killing her .

Things don't add up . But do they ever in the mad world I find myself in.

South- this is par for the course - My 3 year old has been to the dr. 4 times since separation and all I ever get in response from H is "ok". I made a similar comment on my thread about a month ago and one of the older posters pointed out that its very possible that they miss the kids, but not the grind of the daily routine.

Its rough on the kids for sure, and difficult to shield them. I think also WAS don't want to think of themselves as a "bad person" so its easy to give lip service to missing the kids a lot.

Hang In There

Last edited by raliced; 10/16/14 01:11 PM.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard