Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
F
F
Wow Shining! What a couple of days you have had. I'll be praying you get great news about the job while you are in NYC this week.

I think you did an awesome job handling H and his spew emails. Good for you. I'm a point by point debater too... glad to hear from you all on the board that this tactic must be stopped before I even get a chance to do it with H.

So sad about your friends son. I will be praying for peace for his family and kids. You are right, it really puts things in perspective.

Have fun in NYC!

Me- 40 H- 41
S8, D5, S4
M 19 y T 23
Bomb drop 6/2013
H asked for/filed for D 9/2014
22 yo OW discovered 9/19/14 they're engaged and living together
S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you, fth smile

Quick.... Cuz I'm BUSY....

Company emailed and they are moving forward with me!!! Next step... Assessment. Then "we're looking forward to chatting soon...."

Back to the Big Apple laugh

Whoop whoop!!!

job Offline
That's wonderful news about the job!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
F
F
Yay Shining! Awesome news!!

Me- 40 H- 41
S8, D5, S4
M 19 y T 23
Bomb drop 6/2013
H asked for/filed for D 9/2014
22 yo OW discovered 9/19/14 they're engaged and living together
S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you, job and fth!

Taking a break....chillin in the room. We did lots of walking, plus we were up at 4:30am, so we're pooped. S18 taking a few to text his gf, so I thought I'd check in:)

While strolling through Central Park... I heard from HR lady, (they know I'm on this trip) I had asked in previous email to make sure it would be ok to complete the assessment tomorrow afternoon, or if they need it sooner (don't want to miss the boat for sure). She replied yes, that tomorrow afternoon was perfectly fine, and also....

"If you were to receive an offer, what would be a good start date for you?"

This is all good stuff..... Just need to get in the mindset tomorrow to test. It's going to rain anyway, so our options are limited. Thank you for cooperating, NY weather!

Oh! And....I sat next to a guy on the plane that looked like Jake Gyllenhall...so THAT was nice. Reeeeeeaaalllll niiiiiiiiiicccee.

It is a teeny bit hard being here without H, since we were here together 2 years ago. It is not nearly as bad as I expected. Totally different kind of trip though, with S18. We get places faster, lol.

Welp, back to painting the town!

If no one hears from me for a while, I may or may not have found Dave Grohl. cool

M
M
Originally Posted By: Shining

Wearing my boots. Playing Pearl Jam. Riding my bike.

OK, first... that is hilarious.

(BTW did you see Foo Fighters has a new single coming out????!! Oooohhhh... have to see what Dave has to say to ya!)

And the JOB?! C'MON! That's awesome! I so saw that coming.

I wish I had a business; I would so hire you. Pom pom shake for Shining!! (OK, how did I do? Soo not a cheerleader... but I would shake my pom poms for you...eerrrr... wait... umm... nevermind)

Let's go NY!! So excited for you! The temp is about to drop some... but it is beautiful!!! Best time of the year, if you ask me. However, I am starting to rethink that considering my last two falls.... naaaawww.. so not gonna let that define me. Guide me, maybe.

I hope all is well with communication and the h.

Listen, Shining. You are an amazing woman. You have some really good things coming for you. I hope you have a great time with s. I will be thinking of you. Enjoy it. Enjoy the moments. Have an amazing time and keep on SHINING!

G
G
Holla at Shining! Hope you are having a great trip. Love NYC and know that you are having a fine time.

And the job! Boom, baby:-). You go this.

I wore my black wedge boots today and felt super sassy!!! Have fun. Enjoy every minute of this trip, friend:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
L
L
I luv NYC this time of the year. I would take wife and three girls down there often. One of the best meals we got down there all the time was also the cheapest. We would find a dumpling house, usually down towards chinatown area. The usually very small, almost closet sized little places. We would get 5 dumplings for a dollar. Five dollars worth would feed our whole family. A lot of times we would go to the booth in times square and get last minute cheap broadway tickets. Last time we were there as a family we saw the macys thanksgiving day parade. You will have a great time if this is your first time. Make sure to get a hot H&H bagel if you can.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
M
M
Congrats on the job, Shining!
If I run into Dave G. in Austin again, I'll put in the good word! smile

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!

I start Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh

Thank you for all the well-wishes and support!!! I can't even stand it I'm soooooo excited!!!!!!!

I took my assessment test this morning at the NYC Public Library at Bryant Park... Big marble, historical building.... Hey, THIS GIRL don't mess around!!

....Yet wink

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard