Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
M
M
Hey Shining, my dear friend. I just read your post. It is amazing! It meant a lot to me; I took it to heart. You are full of knowledge, girl. There are just things that you get, and I dig it. And, you have such a clairvoyant way of expressing yourself. Thank you. I am so glad you are here, for my sake, but not glad you are here, for your sake. However, I can tell that your path through this is just making you better, stronger, and more amazing than you already are.

OK, soooo..... how'd it go?????????????

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR THE POSITIVE VIBES, EVERYONE!!!!

IT WORKED!!!!!

My interview went well! It was probably the most authentic, confident, well-answered and friendly interview conversation I've ever had!

I met with 3 people. First was HR lady, and only for 15 minutes. Then was CEO. He had scheduled me for 20 minutes, and ended up going for 45! Then he left, and had me wait for the President. During that time, the CEO went to the President's office. They decided to have me to go back to President's office instead of interview room.

As I walked in and shook his hand. He immediately said, "Your first interview with CEO was excellent, from what I hear." GULP

Then I spoke with him for another 45 minutes. He said the words, "How soon can you start" and "well, you're a thumbs up for me" (kind of a no bs guy.... My kinda boss).

We spoke in terms of "when you do xyz" instead of "this person will do xyz"

I was supposed to meet with HR again before leaving, but the guys took so long, it overlapped into their next candidate, and HR lady was in with her.

Here's the incredible thing....... The office is in a brand new building, literally 4 minutes from my apartment. They just moved from 10 miles away (which is still not too far) into my backyard.

HELLO! Single Mom's dream location??? As a recently S LBS, I may have zero traffic stress to deal with, on top of my daily overwhelming regular cup of LIFE??? AND you're cool, fun people??? Shut the front door.

If I am meant to get this job, I will. It seems to be a great fit. GREAT and REAL people. These are the kind of guys who make bajillions but can still wear jeans to work. Love, love, love it.

I hate to get my hopes up. But they are. I really want this one. It doesn't pay as much, but the proximity, time saved, no toll roads, the work culture....that's all a raise right there.

I'll have to make sure the package makes sense, etc, assuming I receive a formal offer.

I haven't felt this excited after any of the other interviews. Those went well, but I felt sick. I knew they weren't the right thing.

Trying to keep perspective....if they end up going with another candidate,then it wasn't the right thing.

OMG, thank you again for the cheering me on today. I read the encouragement several times before I left. It really helped put me in the best possible mindset.

laugh
Tonight's song is brought to you by the lovely Etta James

"Feeling Good"

Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeeeeeeeling good.......

Dahnnnn..........da Dahnn.......... da Dahnn.......da Dahnn ...da da da da Dahnn ..........
(Dances sexy around apartment.....)

U
U
Yay!!! Sounds great, S. I will be praying for you. I knew you would do well. I had no doubt. Funny how things sometimes fall into place.

Dance, girl, dance. smile

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks uR! I'm praying, too. I do have faith the right thing will happen. If it's not this, then I still had an awesome, confidence-boosting interview to prepare me for the next one.

In celebration of a great day, S16 and I are having breakfast for dinner.....

You know what THAT means..... wink

M
M
THAT is awesome, Shining. I am so happy for you! You deserve it! You are a great catch! For a job opportunity, h, any man, friend...

That's great and will def keep with the PMA! Good for you.

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you, Mighty:).

I celebrate my great interview, because that's the part I control.

Not whether I get the job, because that part is in their control, now.

I can see some cool possibilities ahead. smile

I'm not letting anything get me down tonight. I am just slightly bummed, the person I would love to share my excitement with, is gone.

H sent a text to me today, asking what else needs to be worked through. (Regarding D, but he didn't put that word in there)

I sent back that I was about to run, and would have to get back to him.

He sent, "good luck at your interview."

That was nice. I didn't even expect him to remember. It's back to dark, now. Oh, well.

I'm not spinning wheels wondering why. I'm chalking up as part of the twists and turns, and he will do what he does. I'm grateful it isn't worse.

So, I'm gettin' to gettin'. I'm thinking bigger now. The clouds are thinning. I'm starting to get a clearer picture of who I am, what I want, what is possible. What is mine to control, and what isn't.

I'm starting to enjoy my independence. However, I don't enjoy having to be independent. That may be the inner spoiled child because this isn't what I wanted. But, it's actually freeing. Then I catch myself....and it's silly, I literally, ask myself permission. Wait....is this ok? I didn't ask anyone if I could just do this... Oh, yeah. Hehe....I don't have to.

I still love my H. I still want the R to work. If I had a magic wand, and could make him whole....you know what.... Nah. Why deprive him the experience? That's his to have.

I love him enough to get out of the way. I can see this is truly, the only way through this. I'm trying my best. It's so hard. But, necessary.

Like my job interview......I believe my future, with or without H....the right thing will happen. MY little world of what's "right" is skewed by my one-person perspective, and what I think I want based on that.

HIS plan for me is greater than I can see from here. Who am I to decide what the right thing is? It will be quite the ride, this finding out. smile

L
L
Yay!!!!!!!! Atta girl Shining!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
job Offline
Your interview went very well and it sounds like you knocked their socks off. If you've not heard from them by the end of next week, call and inquire as to the status of the position. This shows them that you are interested, even if they are still interviewing. If you don't get the job, you might want to consider sending them a "thank you" letter for allowing you the opportunity to be considered for the job. Things like this keep you on their radar in case something else comes along...but for now, I am staying positive and hope that you will be working close to home very soon.

Hang in there, stay positive and enjoy your weekend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you, job. That's great advice. I hadn't considered a thank you letter for any future opportunity, in the event I'm rejected. I typically send one only after the interview. Since the company is positioned for a substantial growth in the next 2-3 years, based on the projections/pipeline of business, they may have future openings down the road.

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you for the back-patting, Heather!! I'm following your progress.... Back atcha, baby!!! You're doing so great! And you're getting spot-on advice, too.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard