Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
whatisis #2493194 10/01/14 09:48 PM
K
K
I was happy for the Royals too! 29 years is a very long wait. I remember when George Bret and the gang won the World Series. It was so awesome and then nothing for a very long time. Hope these guys have a blast.

I went outside last night with Cooper. I kept thinking the Royals will do just fine as long as they believe. The moment I said that, I had a chill rush through me. Paranormal me believes in signs. I just knew they would win after that. Too many spirits helping them out. smile I went to bed at the top of the 10th. I would be stressing too much if I kept checking in on it. So excited to see that they came through!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #2494555 10/06/14 02:42 PM
Well, now the O's are playing the Royals for the ALCS. Sorry, Kat, but I grew up an O's fan. They were our team in DC and old habits die hard. What a great season for both teams!

Hockey starts on Thursday, and I'm really glad it's back. Plus, watching my D20's team play volleyball on weekends, I seem to be really plugged in to sports lately.

This Saturday, I'm going to a formal fundraising dinner for the Matthew Shepard Foundation. I was asked last week to go on stage with Dennis to present a friend with an award. I'm honored. I've been joking all week that he's my date to the prom. Now I need a dress. So I have an appointment with a bridal consultant (HAHAHA!) tonight to see what I can find that looks appropriate and stunning on a budget. I will probably throw my budget out the window since I'll get to meet Jason Collins. Not that I'm looking for a date. At least with a man. grin

That's it for me for now...

Carry on!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2494572 10/06/14 03:38 PM
W
W
Go Giants...just sayin'

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Underdog #2494683 10/06/14 08:20 PM
B
OP Offline
B
The baseball postseason play has been anything but desirable on my end. My NATs are one game away from elimination when they should have tied the series up - I mean seriously who takes out a pitcher because of walking one guy AFTER he had retired 20 batters in a row!! Matt Williams #FAIL. Hoping Doug Fister can secure us a win tonight and extend the series to at least a game 4. Then yesterday my Tigers finished up sending their third Cy Young Award winner with a third consecutive loss.

To add to my sporting woes, on Saturday my Michigan Wolverines who are having an entirely pathetic season lost to Rutgers. Tonight doesn't look to be much better in the football arena as the Washington Deadskins will be taking on the Seattle Seahawks. I afraid there will be a massacre of monumental proportions.

At least the love life is going well for me! :-)

BA

Sorry, Wii. I have always hated the Giants. Even when I lived in SF (I was an A's fan back then.) And being that the Giants are in division rivals with my team, ain't NO way I could ever root for them. Ever. Ever, ever, ever! The ballpark sure is gorgeous though. A big upgrade from Candlestick. And that's where we went when I lived there... cold, miserable awful place.

BA, at least Matt got ejected? My dad despises Clippard. He thinks he's an epic failure as a pitcher with as many blown saves as he's accumulated. I didn't start watching Saturday night's game until the bottom of the 9th (D17 and I were at Trader Joe's after church and I had to make a late dinner). Then when I heard it was a blown save, it gave me an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. And yes, I watched the next 9 innings. So in effect, I watched the equivalent of one game. Oh yeah, and when I called my folks after church, he was pretty steamed about the blown save.

At least Stammen put forth a great effort in that one. I thought he was gonna screw the pooch too, so it was okay on that front. I like Doug Fister. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah, I heard Blue hasn't been doing well this year. Yikes. I still don't get why Maryland and Rutgers are part of the B10. It actually pisses me off. They don't belong there. So I'm doubly sorry you had little to cheer for this past weekend. And unfortunately, I'm feeling your pain about tonight. It's probably not going to be easy to watch. Better get the scotch out and have a few drams before the first kick off? I'm still a fan of my former team (can't bring myself to call them anything but Washington at this point), but this is probably going to be ugly. BTW, have I ever told you how much I hate Dan Snyder? Well, I do! I hate that greedy, self absorbed, pompous SOB. Jack Kent Cooke is probably rolling over in his grave about now...

Quote:
At least the love life is going well for me! :-)

Ya know, a year ago, you'd have had a flip side on this observation. So isn't it all good this year? grin

Hopefully, the Nats end tonight with a big W!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2494764 10/07/14 12:03 AM
W
W
Hey, growing up the Nationals were the only Canadian team...they were the Expos then. I'd watch Bob Bailey, Ron Fairley, Cocoa Laboy, Bobby Wine, John Boccabella, Rusty Staub, Mack Jones, Bill Stoneman all the time. I have a nice memory of going to Montreal with my Dad to watch them play...but go Giants anyway lol!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
whatisis #2494807 10/07/14 01:54 AM
K
K
I am fine with you cheering on Baltimore but I will be sticking with my boys in blue. They have that certain spark for sure!

I applied for a couple more jobs but after the first one noticed that I hadn't updated the site I was applying from. The problem? No resume! I am a dip sometimes. frown

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
kat727 #2494815 10/07/14 02:12 AM
LOL I think it's the menopause thing.... You're not alone!

You go right ahead cheering for the blue men. I'd expect you to. Since I already own orange stuff, I'm good. And the Nats one tonight, so BA should be happier.

BTW, a cute neighbor girl came over this weekend to peddle some crap... I mean fundraise for the debate team... They moved into the house in July (kitty corner to me). I asked her where they moved from and she said Topeka! Her dad is a cardio thoracic surgeon. They're nice. Unfortunately the other new neighbors kitty corner from me are from Massachusetts and are hideous. They make my wife beating abusive next door neighbor look like a choir boy. cry and apparently they have never seen a lawnmower or thought to hire someone who owns one...

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2494834 10/07/14 03:03 AM
K
K
You must have needed to think of me, thus the Topeka girl! Lol. I think most of the people from here are pretty nice but if course we have WBC and my bad neighbors next door that give the rest of us a sour taste in our mouths.

I need some more weekends in my life for sure. More time doing what I want would be good. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
kat727 #2494852 10/07/14 04:07 AM
I certainly don't hold all the fine citizens of Topeka responsible for those lunatics at WBC. I would probably just avoid any interaction with the Phelps family. Period. They could live anywhere in the USA, and it's just unfortunate they chose Topeka.

Besides, the theater killer is a couple miles from me right now. He's probably everyone's idea of worst neighbor ever. My cop friend had to pull medical duty a couple weeks ago, guarding him. He said there is something seriously wrong with him. He's not a fan of the insanity defense, but says if he ever met anyone who fit it, it's him. Fortunately, the mental hospital is a few hundred miles away. We just can't help having them. Out of our control, you know?

I'll wave at the WBC folks on Saturday. They are bound to,be hanging outside the hotel picketing and offering condemnation for the poor gay and lesbian folks attending. For the first time in my life, I just might have to pass myself off as a lesbian. It would be refreshing to go after them. But it would probably be more productive to beat my head against a wall. And less painful. It never pays to argue with ignorant idiots who don't want to be enlightened.

Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard