Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
wmwb123 #2492636 09/30/14 07:08 PM
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
It's nice to find a group of men who pray and take the Bible seriously. I don't know what you think of Pastor Greg Boyd's theology, but I love this quote from his blog on the importance of prayer:

In fact, there are dozens of passages in the Bible that explicitly state that God changed his plans in response to prayer. (e.g. Num. 11:1–2; 14:12–20; 16:20–35; Deut. 9:13–14, 18–20, 25; 2 Sam. 24:17–25; 1 Kings 21:27–29; 2 Chron. 12:5–8; Jer. 26:19). For example, in Exodus 32 God announced his plan to destroy the Israelites and start over with Moses, since the Israelites had proven themselves to be “a stiff-necked people” (Ex. 32:9-10). But Moses interceded on behalf of the Israelites and changed God’s mind (Ex. 32:14). David later recounted the event when he wrote that Yahweh “said he would destroy them – had not Moses… stood in the breach before him to keep him from destroying them (Ps. 106:23).

Notice, Moses’ prayer wasn’t for the purpose of changing Moses. It affected God’s plan and was done for the sake of Israel. Had Moses not prayed, Israel would have been destroyed and God would have started over with Moses. Prayer really makes a difference.
----
Here is another one to encourage you in your prayers, Luke 18:1 (NKJV) says: Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

**** Whatever happens, do not be tempted to believe that He has lost control of your life. Pray and entrust yourself to Him who turns the hearts of men as He wills. If you are His child, He is your Abba, Father. His arms are strong, His power immense, His will unshakeable and His love immeasurable. From
Divorce: Hope for the Hurting (p. 62). I agree!

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
Wet #2492705 09/30/14 10:08 PM
C
C
Originally Posted By: Wet
My question this morning is, when we turn our walk away wives over to the Lord, what should we be praying for them?

It seems controlling to me to ask God to keep the WAW away from sin, infidelity, the other man, and other "enticements of the world". I pray for my W to return to God and be blessed with more faith. Shouldn't we trust God in dealing with this, and trust He will use whatever our W's are dealing with and going through to return our W's to Him first?

I'm just thinking out loud...

I may or may not have shared this. I will be completely honest. Before BD I would not consider myself religious ... I had gone to church .. her church because ... well it would smooth her over for a bit and I could not hear some complaining for a short time. Then she left me, her sister had sent me a story .. and it got me thinking ... then one day after I was dealt with about as much pain as I could handle .. I got down on my knees, I asked Him to save me, take over my life as I have made a complete mess of it, I asked him to show me what He wanted from me and what path He wanted me on. That was about a year ago, and I can not tell you the 180's he did with me, and I see the work he is doing all around me .. and in my W.

So to answer your question... I pray for her everyday .. typically about 3-4 times is my routine (I take walks during my breaks and speak with Him) .... I ask Him to fill her heart with his love, soften her heart, help me become the Man, Husband,& father I need to be, the one He intended me to be. I also as that he help guide her, help me lead her to Him if possible, quiet our surroundings so we can hear His intentions for us, as I know that what He has put together no man should take apart. I have on occasion asked Him to remove those who will try to keep her off the path, but deep down I knew that was a selfish prayer so I typically have stopped that one.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

CaliGuy #2492840 10/01/14 02:53 AM
J
J
Quote:
Here is another one to encourage you in your prayers, Luke 18:1 (NKJV) says: Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

**** Whatever happens, do not be tempted to believe that He has lost control of your life. Pray and entrust yourself to Him who turns the hearts of men as He wills. If you are His child, He is your Abba, Father. His arms are strong, His power immense, His will unshakeable and His love immeasurable. From
Divorce: Hope for the Hurting (p. 62). I agree!

Good stuff right there, Wet!

Quote:
I may or may not have shared this. I will be completely honest. Before BD I would not consider myself religious ... I had gone to church .. her church because ... well it would smooth her over for a bit and I could not hear some complaining for a short time. Then she left me, her sister had sent me a story .. and it got me thinking ... then one day after I was dealt with about as much pain as I could handle .. I got down on my knees, I asked Him to save me, take over my life as I have made a complete mess of it, I asked him to show me what He wanted from me and what path He wanted me on. That was about a year ago, and I can not tell you the 180's he did with me, and I see the work he is doing all around me .. and in my W.

So to answer your question... I pray for her everyday .. typically about 3-4 times is my routine (I take walks during my breaks and speak with Him) .... I ask Him to fill her heart with his love, soften her heart, help me become the Man, Husband,& father I need to be, the one He intended me to be. I also as that he help guide her, help me lead her to Him if possible, quiet our surroundings so we can hear His intentions for us, as I know that what He has put together no man should take apart. I have on occasion asked Him to remove those who will try to keep her off the path, but deep down I knew that was a selfish prayer so I typically have stopped that one.

And that's what awesome testimonies are made of. I love hearing stuff like that.

My wife is the entire reason I even know God, so I know for a fact he's been working in our marriage since the very beginning.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Jefe #2492896 10/01/14 06:21 AM
N
N
In the first days after BD, all my prayers were begging prayers. "Please bring him back!"

But one verse that kept jumping out at me was, "Be still and know that I am God!" I realized maybe God wasn't done with my H yet, and that perhaps God wanted me to wait for Him to finish working on my H.

So I changed my prayer, focused it on me rather than on H.

Heavenly Father, I am so miserable, God, I've made a mess of things trying to fix my marriage. I'm backing off, God. I give my H to you. Take care of him because he's too much for me to handle!

I ask you to bless him, God, with whatever he needs, You know best. Help me accept Your outcome, whatever it may be. Open my eyes to what You want me to see as I know I am to learn something, too. And help me forgive, as you have forgiven me.

Send the Holy Spirit to fill me up when I am weak, and to guide my speech. Let me return his anger with love and kindness. Let me be an instrument of Your peace and love. Give your angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.

Thank you God, for the many, many gifts you've given me. I am truly blessed. My life is good, thank you, God!

M:54, H:55
T:33, M:27
12/13 BD: EA
01/14 BD: PA, H leaves
03/14 H & OW break up
05/14 H says he will file for D
08/14 H initiates D
09/14 H wants to R
12/14 Still bungling our way through R
Nitty #2492934 10/01/14 12:23 PM
W
W
Thanks, Nitty!

M 16 T 17
W moved in w/ AP (OW) 5/14
ILYBNIL 5/14
A discovered 6/14
D papers served via USPS 8/14
Filed my response 9/14
D final 5/15...
Nitty #2492935 10/01/14 12:23 PM
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
A nice prayer Nitty, thank you.

Here is a daily prayer for me: Lord, What do you want me learn today? What do you want me to learn through this? How do I glorify you today Lord? What do you want me to do, who can I help? Amen.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
Wet #2492950 10/01/14 01:15 PM
S
S
Originally Posted By: Wet
A nice prayer Nitty, thank you.

Here is a daily prayer for me: Lord, What do you want me learn today? What do you want me to learn through this? How do I glorify you today Lord? What do you want me to do, who can I help? Amen.

I like this. ^^^ smile

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
I like everything about this thread.

Thank you, Father for the gift of amazing people in my life. Christ shows through them like the rays of the sun.

Don't have a specific prayer for my sitch; mostly just make 'em up on the fly!

Me: 43 XW: 43
T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
BD: 8/6
EA / possible PA discovered 9/29
D final 10/20
Shakspr #2493307 10/02/14 04:20 AM
J
J
Prayers back your direction, Shakspr

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Jefe #2493479 10/02/14 06:41 PM
F
F
Here is my (current) daily FOCUS Exercise:
Bow Your Head, close your eyes, clear your head of everything (marriage, family, work, obligations, your shortcomings). Listen and sense the stillness and peace of the holy spirit. Listen. Remember, it’s not about you, it’s about others. How can you use your life to help your wife, family, coworkers, friends, and even strangers? Ask the lord - what’s the agenda for today? Honor your work. Honor your wife. Honor your family and children. Honor your Savior. Reach out a hand to help somebody, every day, whether it’s online or on the street. Pray for protection, peace, unity, strength, and health for those around you. Don’t react. Do understand, and then respond. Don’t shy away from tough criticism. Do take responsibility. Do apologize when necessary. Forgive others, and allow them to forgive you.

Me:40
W:39
M:Dec 95
Split: Jul 14
W Filed: 9/16/14
Several Children
(including adopted)
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard