Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
F
F
Originally Posted By: Shining
"Mom, you DID give us that life. We had everything, and the important stuff is still here."

Ok, so tears streaming from that. How amazingly sweet a boy you have there! My son would never say anything like that (but he's only 8!). Those moments are priceless.

I am so jealous of your upcoming trip to NYC. My H and I were there 3 times last year and I LOVE it. I could totally move there. Don't miss Central Park if you can make it happen, and they often have bands playing there (well, maybe not so often in October, but check it out). It's just cool to see all those sights you've seen on TV your whole life. The only downside for me is that now, whenever I watch TV, I think of those amazing trips with H. You will have a blast. See a show if he's up to it, maybe Rock of Ages would work rather than a band? I hear it's awesome.

I loved walking the streets, BTW, not nearly as smelly as I expected. The only issue we had was coming out of the wrong subway station exit and getting totally lost on exactly which corner we were on! You will have fun though.

Me- 40 H- 41
S8, D5, S4
M 19 y T 23
Bomb drop 6/2013
H asked for/filed for D 9/2014
22 yo OW discovered 9/19/14 they're engaged and living together
S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It's, strange, BF...I used to have zero problems getting out, even alone. I like your "telling it like it is" approach... Although that would make me say it out loud, and that doesn't help me stay in denial, does it....lol.

I'm starting to compare this to other things I have had to detach from....jobs, friends, xh.... I'm starting to remember what I had to do, and how to continue caring and hoping....just not the rescuing, enabling, fixing and controlling results....ugh.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm starting to feel my own mini-fog lift again. grin

U
U
Just walking around the city is fun. Central Park is cool. How amazing that you are staying right in Times Square. There is a kiosk in Times Square that has tickets for Broadway shows for that day deeply discounted. Kind of fun to look and see what they have and pick something.

Rockefellar Center is nice. St. Pat's Cathedral. If you go downtown, the 911 memorial. So many things to see.

I live in New Jersey. My sister still lives in Brooklyn so i am there all the time. She is on a mission to get me back there...I am thinking that will definitely happen.

I so wish I could meet you when you are here. That would be amazing. smile

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, ft!

Yeah, there has always been something extra-intuitive in this S of mine.....his perspective on the world, life, humor, everything... I'm a proud mama. Of course, I'm proud of all of them. They're all awesome in different ways. And yes, I'm very blessed with these creatures.

I've been to NYC many times.... I LOVE it, too!! I'm so excited to share his first trip there with him. I didn't think of the Rock of Ages show!! I'll ask him.

He is easily entertained, like me ... I could sit for hours just people-watching. I used to have a friend that would write stories with me. Sometimes, we would go to a park and just make up back-stories of all the people there as they walked by. Some were rather scandalous....

That's funny about the subway station!! And yeah...last trip was, of course with H.... I need new memories. He can't have New York!!!

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
uR, come meet us in town?

Or, we may need to take the tunnel....(oooh, no tunnels!) or ferry to Jersey!

I stayed in Secaucus for a work trip once:). I ain't scardt. wink

U
U
sorry, I forgot that you have been to New York. LOL!

Ok, I am easily entertained and a people watcher, too. There sure are a lot of interesting people to watch there. You know about the naked woman whose body is painted in Times Square, right?

Let me look at the calendar...;)

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wait...naked painted woman?? I've seen the naked cowboy in Times Square...now there's a woman?? S will love that....Lol!! (He'll turn bright red, actually).

grin grin grin

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S

M44, H44, both M before
M4 yrs, T6
BD 7/13 ILYB something isn't right with me
H att suicide 2/14
S 4/14
OW disc 5/14
D final 4/15