Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Box Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ok im going to try and be as detailed as possible, so I apologize for how long this may be.

8 months ago my wife and I separated. Here's a short summary of why... she cheated on me because I was traveling at the beginning of our marriage, we got past it and had a son. Two years after the birth, cheated again, because she felt neglected during the pregnancy, which I admit I was not the best when it came to being loving. I found the emails, pictures, and convo about it all, I snapped that night, I threw the pictures at her and she got in my fave and I head butt her. We somehow got past it. 1 year later, she deployed overseas for 3 months, one month in, stopped talking to me, the day she returned to the states, our sons birthday, she didn't call either of us, instead she stayed in a hotel room with a guy she met. We separated for 7 months. I went back to st louis, moved on briefly but missed the family, she begged to have me back, so I did. Fast forward 2.5 more years, she is now it off the military, I took a promotion, we have had no infidelity problems, but I couldnt forgive... the love drifted, I neglected her, when she left to visit family we decided to separate again. This time we actually filed with the court...

Now onto the separation...

The first 2 months were super spiteful, she had my son and refused to let me see him, threatened me with her attorney, said I'm abusive, I just wanted my son back. So I got an attorney, we went to court...only to find out she didn't have an attorney, I felt horrible. I got full temporary custody because she refused to move back to the state. Now after this I keep the communication up with them, i took him to her, 11 hours away, where he stayed for a month, then bright him back to start 1st grade. Im mousing her at that time, being a single father all alone 11 hours from family and friends is very eye opening. I start accepting christ. I have found a way too truly forgive, but I still miss her. She finally stays communicating with me a few months ago, but refuses to reconcile. This weekend she came down to visit. Slept on the couch...

Now for her visit...

She got here late Friday night, talked for a bit, went to sleep, refused to sleep in the bed. The next day we all hung out, had a great time. We put our son to bed, grabbed a bottle of wine. She apologized for talking about going out and partying to me, I told her earlier that day or upset me but as a calm conversation I told her this. So anyway, we drink the bottle, talk like we ate dating again for 2 hours, holding hands, kissing, then sex. Tells me it doesn't mean we're getting back together, goes and sleeps on the couch. The next day was to the beach, some hand holding, one or two kisses, but a lot of pushing away at night when we were watching a movie. Next morning, boys at school, we have sex, she showers, comes out as I'm leaving the room, hands my arm and kisses me on the cheek. I ask why? She says that is for the beach yesterday. A lot of hand holding this day, a lot of kissing, a lot of cuddling at night. Gets upset and pushes away once at night, then comes over ten minutes later to tell me, you never kissed me like this when I was here, stats to almost cry, stops herself, says she's going to bed, kiss good night. The next morning, she's leaving, no sex, no hand holding, no kissing, just, cold hearted. His me passionately before getting in the car, kisses me good bye, says we can talk more. Texts me when she got home, saying she got home. I said have a great nights rest. Next morning I text, good morning, hope you had fun, we miss you, have a good day. No response. I text that night, do you want to talk to our son tomorrow night? Texts back, that's fine. I ask, are you ok? She texts back, just tired. I said get some rest and ill text you in the morning smile. No response. Now today, I send a good morning text, no response.

So...what's going on here...

B
Box Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I apologize for the typos, I'm using my phone, will revise tonight.

S
S
You may get more help over in the newcomers forum. It gets a lot more eyeballs than this one. However, here is my 2 cents.

I know it's hard not to get your hopes up when things go your way, but try not to get so eager when you get positive affection. Don't ask her to bed,don't be the one pursuing her via text after she goes home. Enjoy what she has to offer and let her sort through her mixed emotions at her own pace w/ o pressure.

Let her do the leading and try not to read too much into what she's doing or saying (for good or bad things).

BD: Aug 2012
Separated since May 2013
S born Aug 2013
Aug 2013 H agrees to consider 'baby steps toward working things out'
H is/was actively seeing someone?
B
Box Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the advice, I posted this in the Newcomers section and cleaned it up as well.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard