Bright,
Your friends and family mean well...but you need to learn to cut them off at the pass. When they begin asking questions or providing "advice", tell them that you appreciate all of their concern, but you will determine what is best for you and then change the subject. They are not walking in your shoes, hence, they don't understand what you are going through. Until they do the walk, they'll continue to offer free advice at every corner. Shut them down in a polite way.

As for your h, I would respond back to his text, just as you would an old friend. There is no harm in that. He asked you about your time away and I would share a bit w/him. Open the door just a little bit and maybe the communications w/him will get him to post more often.

Please do not allow others tell you what to do when it comes to how you are living your life.

BTW, I think I'm the 100th poster on your thread. Time to think about a new thread.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.