Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
W
W
Hey, I'm the King of Anxiety! My father was on AD's for as long as I can remember for anxiety. Worry is anxiety. I believe that when I'm worrying that I'm 'processing"...I"m gonna figure it out and therefore relieve whatever is bothering me...which rarely happens but when it does it just reinforces this stupid behaviour. I also believe that I'm somehow protecting myself against the "bad thing" happening to me. It also becomes the way the brain automatically starts processing information..."what if" is my middle name lol! Your brain doesn't give a crap what goes through it as long as something does...so it just does whatever is most expedient when new input comes in. So my point was that we worry cuz we think it's a good productive and protective thing...which it is not! Anyway, that's my take...glad he called, Mish...now you can worry about whether things are really OK, or whether he just said that lol. DON'T!!!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
OP Offline
M
Quote:
now you can worry about whether things are really OK, or whether he just said that lol. DON'T!!!

Get out of my head Wii!!!! grin You knew exactly what I was thinking and that is only slightly scary! smile

I'm doing my best to just take what he said at it's face value. He really is a smart kid and tries his best to do the right thing. He did tell us he got IT (intensive training - in the Marine Corps they call it getting bent)because he missed his watch duty because he had to go to medical for something. I'm sure the trouble was because he didn't get someone to cover his watch. I figure if he's willing to share that then he's probably being pretty open with us about what's going on. He even admitted that the first week and a half he cried every night in his rack. He said he doesn't now and everything is getting better.

Boy, do I miss him though!!!! Hearing his voice was wonderful.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
I bet you did love talking to him. I think he probably needed a Mom and Dad recharge too! smile. I think kids go through states. When they are little, they are like puppies. They are playful,adorable and sweet. Then as they become older they turn into cats. Feed them, give them a bit of money and let them be. Then as they become adults and see what the world is about, they become dogs. A bit more patient, more loyal and tolerant.

I have two transitioning from cats to dogs. One in cat mode and my youngest, torn between puppy and cat. We all get there in the end. smile

Big hugs, Mish.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Hey Mish,

Just checking in. Have you heard from Marc lately? Hope all is going well with him and you of course!

BA

M
OP Offline
M
Sorry I've been MIA. smile I was out of town and since I've been back I've been completely slammed with work! Imagine that. smile

I had one VERY brief letter from Marc last week. I'm hoping for one in the mail when I get home today. He can only mail out on Sundays so it gets in the mail Monday and doesn't get to me until Thursday. frown It feels like forever! One of the other moms on his FB page for his graduation date said in the letter from her son he told her they might get a call on the 13th or 14th. He's one division away from Marc so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his division gets one! I need to hear his voice.

I'm doing fine. Vacation was awesome and just the recharge I needed. Gabe was super happy to have me home after the cruise and that was a good feeling - to know I was missed. My BFF that went with me got bad new though when we returned to port. She turned her cell phone on and the first thing she got was a message from her H's sister saying they heard about what happened and asking how he was doing. WTH??? She called him and he told her he had a heart attack! Mild one, but a heart attack is a heart attack!!!! OMG! He told her not to come home early, he was fine and resting at home. She came home with me and on the next morning she called him and he was back in the hospital! Again, he told her not to come yet. They were just running tests trying to decide on a next step. She changed her return flight to just be earlier on the same day she was going home. Thankfully he seems to be doing better. They are talking about putting in a stint. We'll see.

I'll let you guys know what Marc had to say if I get a letter from him today. I can't stand sitting here at me desk not knowing!!! LOL It's a good thing I'm not home when the mail comes, I might tackle the poor mailman!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
OP Offline
M
Just venting........

Tomorrow is that day again. It would have been our 21st anniversary. UGH. I have done better this year though. I haven't been dwelling on it for a week or more beforehand. It's only this morning that it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm plastering on my smile and moving on like a big girl should. smile That's going to be extra hard today though since I'm not caffinated!!!!! Ran out of coffee yesterday and forgot to get more. frown

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

K
K
Do you want to celebrate it? Do it. Get a card, make a special dinner. It is still an anniversary.

You can't continue to push down these feeling and say it doesn't matter when it has been obvious for years that it does. Create the life you want. If Gabe doesn't want the same thing, better to know now then later. Your feelings and dreams are just as important and valid as his. Value yourself Mish. I do.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
OP Offline
M
I really don't want to celebrate it, I'd prefer if my mind would let it go completely. I was almost there this year dang it! smile

I hear you kat. Yes, my feelings are valid but they are just that, feelings. That doesn't mean there has to be any action associated with them does it? We can't always have what we want anyway. Better to learn to accept disappointment and move on than to dwell on what you didn't get.

I am happy in a lot of other ways and I will continue to hold on to that.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

W
W
Yes, feelings are feelings and it's best not to dwell on them but, that said, when the same feelings keep coming up they are telling us something. It's a fine line between letting them go and ignoring them.

W
W
Coffee Shop Drive Thru Lady told me today she is taking ten days off for vacation. I asked where she was going and she pouted and said "nowhere, I'm staying home" So I told her I just did that for two weeks and you can find all sorts of nice places to go in the city. So I said I'd see her tomorrow...she said OK...hopefully, she's there lol. I stopped at a bookstore tonight and bought her a Guide to Toronto book as a vacation gift and if she's there tomorrow I'll give it to her. I'm buttering my bread on both sides these days lol.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard