Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
F
FunDad Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I think you are correct that it's going to be a big wake up call, probably for both of us. A valid question in my mind remains would I take her back knowing it's just for financial reasons.

Last edited by FunDad; 09/28/14 05:01 PM.

Me:40
W:39
M:Dec 95
Split: Jul 14
W Filed: 9/16/14
Several Children
(including adopted)
S
S
Originally Posted By: FunDad
A valid question in my mind remains would I take her back knowing it's just for financial reasons.

FunDad, some of the ladies on this board have had this discussion. Would we want our H's back if the triggering event was financial. Several of us say, yes, we don't care what the triggering event is, if that starts us down the path to R. Not that we would just accept them back without additional work from both of us, just that we don't care why they decided to put in the work. Make sense?

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
W
W
Originally Posted By: rppfl
Several of us say, yes, we don't care what the triggering event is, if that starts us down the path to R. Not that we would just accept them back without additional work from both of us, just that we don't care why they decided to put in the work. Make sense?

I like this. I wish my wife needed me financially...:)

M 16 T 17
W moved in w/ AP (OW) 5/14
ILYBNIL 5/14
A discovered 6/14
D papers served via USPS 8/14
Filed my response 9/14
D final 5/15...
F
FunDad Offline OP
OP Offline
F

Wow, yes, that does make alot of sense. I can live with that. Especially for the kids sake. I think it makes so much more sense to have both a mom and a dad around. We were working on the R for a while, but she was also working on her exit plan too unfortunately. Thanks for helping find this answer. I don't mind sleeping in a tent in the back yard if I know my family is close and safe.

Several Children
(including adopted)
F
FunDad Offline OP
OP Offline
F

No word on the legal front today but I expect some info tomorrow.

My W said that my 12 yr old D asked her about our vows. D12 also said "that daddy is doing so good." That must have been a tough one for W but it made my day. My W looks so tired. She leaned over on my truck like she wanted me to rub her back, I wanted to but I did not. I feel sorry for her, but I don't know what to say.

Several Children
(including adopted)
F
FunDad Offline OP
OP Offline
F

I guess the lawyers are taking their time. My FIL called me today and said it's not right to make my W wait for her money because her rent is due tomorrow. He does not like what's she done (Big D) but at the same time he does not like seeing his D nervous. I don't blame him, I don't like it either but I think it may need to be part of the process. I've not reached out to her about it yet other than what I told her last week that it's going to have to go through our attorneys. I guess I could save her day again and just write her a check if the attorneys are not going to get it done in time, but I just don't know if it's wise to do so. I could put her mind at ease but doing so would be another instance of taking my support for her for granted. Any advice?

Several Children
(including adopted)
W
Wet Offline
W
Don't do anything without talking to your attorney first. That's what he/she is there for. Trust in the process.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
F
FunDad Offline OP
OP Offline
F

I'm trusting the process. She had to borrow $$ from a fam member while this is shaking out. Looks like she will probably be getting less from me per month which is completely ironic because that's why she sued (D) me according to her. Also, I found out why it's so important to get an attorney that is plugged in to the local law professional culture. I found out that W's attorney tried to convince her this is not a good idea, but my W came back and hired him anyway. Our attorneys know each other so well that they can probably settle this in about 10 minutes. Shoot - I should have just went and talked to her lawyer myself I think because it feels like they are both DB'ing for me. :-)

So I'm feeling better, but my wife is angry and would not let me take kids out tonight as scheduled. I'll need to make sure that's addressed also cause she does this when things don't go her way.

FD

Several Children
(including adopted)
F
FunDad Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I'm doing so much better at detaching. Also made a bit of progress legally, but they sent me a discovery request which is just a huge mountain of financial paperwork. I delivered some furniture to her at her place. She actually gave me a wine cooler. First nice thing she's done in weeks. I mean weeks. I had no idea it would mean so much to me. Anyway, I took it home and had some pizza. :-)

It's hard to tell if reality is setting in with her or not yet. When I gave her the monthly child support check she seemed to have a look of remorse. I hope she's waking up but no expectations there.

Several Children
(including adopted)
J
J
Prayers to you, FD.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard