Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Previous threads. My Second Thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...203#Post2470203

My Third Thread:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2481792#Post2481792
(The first post here gives a summary of my situation.)

My W continues to actively date younger men, and as of today there is no progress in working on our marriage.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I went out last night with d19 and her bf that she has been seeing over the last 6 months. I had never met him before, and so HE invited me and d19 out as an early birthday celebration for d19 at her favorite restaurant.

I told them both that d19 is the most special young woman in the world. She is smart, beautiful, hard working, with a kind heart. He will never be good enough for her. But it says a lot about him that d19 thinks he is someone special.

I made sure he understood that my faith is important to me.

I also made sure that he understood that there is no decade of music like the 1980's. He had never heard of U2 before, and owned nothing by Stevie Wonder. I encouraged him to fix these "problems".

But it was a really good night together. I was able to draw him out and get him to talk about things he enjoyed doing. And bf's could be a good thing - it's fun to have another person around to talk about football and fantasy football with, and not have their eyes glaze over like my daughters do.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
A
AJM Offline
A
Quote:
I also made sure that he understood that there is no decade of music like the 1980's. He had never heard of U2 before, and owned nothing by Stevie Wonder. I encouraged him to fix these "problems".
I smiled when I read that smile

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
S
S
Originally Posted By: Wet

I laughed when I read this. I just introduced my 7- year old daughter to Stevie Wonder's Superstition. She loves funk and wanted to hear a quintessential funk example and how can that song not be it?!

Anyway, it seems we have similar taste in music and that's ALWAYS awesome. smile

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Yes, if you want to get me passionately talking about a subject, just bring up 1980's music. I have over 5,000 songs on my IPod, most of which is 80's music. What can I say, the MTV video revolution had an impact on me.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
So a weird exchange with W. S13 left everything he had (his playstation, his phone, his football equipment) in my car. W was "too busy" (taking kids to gym, to coffee shop for kid's internet access for homework, out for dinner) to pick up yesterday.

So she comes to my office to pick up s13's stuff this morning. She calls me when she's here, and she stays in her car. She's come up to my office many times before. We've met in the lobby of the building before. Today, she sits in her car. We get the piles of stuff into her car, we chat a bit thru her car window (Me: how was the weekend wedding (of her niece)? W: we all just cried the whole time. The bride has serious health issues. She can never have kids. They just are that devoted to each other.)

I tell her about my dinner out with d20, and meeting her boyfriend. Then, poof! W's gone, staying busy with a "consultation", assuming her dating site photograph business. But she was dressed caually in jeans.

A
AJM Offline
A
I remember it being odd, Wet. My ex and I were very close and very connected. I could feel a lot of things even if I didn't understand them.

It seemed that every time I got used to the new Dr Jekyll, a new variant would start up. i.e. I would just get level footing for the way ex was acting and then - bang - a new change again.

It would send me into an analysis frenzy and I would try to understand the implications. i.e. read the future from the tea leaves.

Looking back, I knew I was way too attached instead of detached. How do I know? When the mailman opens the mailbox door with his left hand instead of his usual right-hand, I notice, but I don't stop to think he may have a new girlfriend or be going through a tough time.

I notice a lot of things, but I have no idea what they mean in other people's lives and I'm not attached to them so it really doesn't matter.

AJ

Put the glass down...
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well, my W has expanded her search for other young men. She took d20 to celebrate her birthday (and s13 and d17) to the most popular sports bar in town last night. Yes, right in the middle of Monday Night Football. You guessed it, W never watched a football game with me during our marriage. W chose the place which confused d20 (it was to celebrate her birthday), as its not the type of food she enjoys. It's good that W's horizons are expanding.

S
S
I'm more disturbed by her trolling for men under the guise of "celebrating D20's birthday". That's atrocious. It's one thing to men scout but entirely a different thing when you're doing it with your 3 kids in tow.

WTH??

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
A
AJM Offline
A
Describe to us how you 'know' that she went there to troll for younger men vs. as a place that's different than what she would have done, please.

A person on this board that does something so totally opposite of what they used to do is not unheard of as you can imagine... smile

AJ

Put the glass down...
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard