Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
W
OP Offline
W
So I was successful in refinancing the marital credit card, but it will take 10 business days for the balance to transfer and for the marital card to be cancelled.

In the meantime, X is contacting me all the time, of course when his new wife isn't around. It can be for any excuse under the sun. Usually I don't answer unless it's something about the kids. But a lot of times, he makes it about the kids so I will feel compelled to answer.

His newest stunt is telling me D is having nightmares about my new guy killing everyone, me and her father included. I find this very hard to believe because she told me she can't wait to call my new guy dad. LOL. She adores the new guy and can't wait until we live there full time. I know X is trying to flip the switch on me. I only replied that D has also expressed concerns to me as well about his new wife. She told me OW scares her and yells at her all the time and that she is scared to talk when OW is around because OW makes her feel stupid.

Of course, D could be looking to get attention from her dad and me. I suggested to X that we get her in counseling so she can sort out her feelings. I bet he won't go for that.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
job Offline
Another thought on the so called dreams...your xh could be projecting on to you what he's dreaming about himself.

Gosh, he's such a piece of work.

I'm glad things are starting to look better for you. You struggled for a long time and now that you are getting ahead, your xh, i.e., beret boy, can't stand it. But you know what? Too bad.

Live your life to the fullest and as long as you stay positive, good things will come to you and your children.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
M
WH.... Your guys is the beret boy?! OMG... Too much.

I thought the same thing as job... Projection HIS nightmare!

On the other hand, could your d be pulling Disney show antics? Where the kids tries to break up the other r & try to get parents together?

Counseling is a good idea. Never hurts!

But your x is prob living his own nightmare, topped w you moving on.

W
OP Offline
W
Well X isn't staying away. Will he ever just leave me alone?

He sent me an email blasting me left and right. Saying that I am forcing the kids to move against their will, I am scarring them, D is afraid of New Guy, etc. I told him D told me she loves NG and I also told X I think someone in his household is telling D that NG is bad. I did tell him for the record that D told me she is scared of OW so I guess it goes both ways, huh?

He wanted to take S on one of my nights to a baseball game and I retorted why should I be flexible with you when you are far less than flexible with me? I called him on not letting the kids contact me when they are with him.

I think he is trying to either block my move, or establish precedent that this is not a good thing for the kids and not in their best interest and petition for full placement. Of course, that's the paranoia in me talking.

I know X can't get the info he is craving and he's foaming at the mouth and stomping like a child. He needs to just take a long walk off a short pier.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
You aren't going to get rid of your xh because you have children together. Even when the two of you are sitting in rocking chairs in a nursing home, he'll still be a thorn in your side. As I have mentioned before, an elderly lady told me many years ago that the only way you'll get rid of someone in crisis is when one of you are six feet under. The tie that binds you is frayed, but they can't let go no matter what.

Your xh is trying to make your life difficult because he sees that you are happy and have someone who is good and treats you like a queen. He's not happy that you are moving in w/the new man and he also sees that he doesn't have any control over you. He now knows that there is a good possibility that you may remarry at some point in time and he doesn't want that to happen. He wants you right where he left you and unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. He's going to pull out the stops and make life difficult for you by using the kids to get to you. Don't let him see you sweat!

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
M
Job, you nailed it!

Wh, unfortunately... She's right. That darn frayed tie. That's the part I'm gonna have to come to terms with.

You sound great. Keep going- and for sure, what job said, don't let him see ya sweat. 2b is a rockstar w that.

W
OP Offline
W
Today I received a Facebook friend request from my stepson whom I haven't spoken with in four years. He claims he wants me to friend request him so we can talk. I ain't buying it. When I searched on FB for his account, one popped up in a different name than what he messaged me with AND that account had no photos, no friends, no posts, no nothing. I think someone made a fake account trying to see what's going on in my new life.

Unfortunately I caught on to these middle school games before I was even in middle school. X must think I am dumber than dishwater.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
I had to shake my head. He's just going to continue to try different angles to get into your life. If the friend request was bogus, the person posting it to you should know better and should know that you are checking things out.

I hate to say it, but your xh is very jealous of you and your life. He's a very unhappy camper no matter how many times he says he is happy. Poor fool. They never think we will move on and once we do, it's too late.

You did the right thing....keep your eyes and ears open because he's not done yet.

K
kml Offline
K
Do you have stepson's phone number? If so, just CALL him so you can "talk". And if it wasn't him, you'll find out right away.

(P.S. you can always tell him you don't want to friend him on facebook because you don't want your photos and posts to end up being visible to your ex.)

W
OP Offline
W
Hey there

No, I don't have my SS phone number. Like I said, he and I haven't spoken in almost four years. I saw him when he was in town a few months ago for X's wedding. I highly doubt all of a sudden he would want to talk. Besides, he has my son's phone number so he could ask S if I would mind talking. S isn't even FB friends with his brother. I don't even think SS has a FB account.

Seriously how low can one go?

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard