Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
Hi Old Dog! You are terrific! You seem so kind and nice. It sounds like tomorrow will be a good day for you, something different.

Keep looking forward into the future, plan some fun activities that you can get excited about. And don't worry too much about those sad moments. We all have them so just experience them and know you will feel crappy at times and better at times. Soon you will be feeling more better times and fewer crappy times.

Sometimes I am happy as a lark and sometimes sad, and often I can't even really tell what made me suddenly sad or upset. I am trying to roll with it and know that the sad moments also pass.

Being alive, fit and healthy sounds super amazing! Keep up the good work Mr Dog!
Big hug to you, LisaB

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Positive update

• Lisa says I'm terrific :-)
  • I did 'win' The Passion Trap for 99p + P&P
  • And I'm going to try some of the positivity tips in Feel the fear and do it anyway

Last edited by Old Dog; 09/01/14 10:25 PM.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Oh, and one more.

My wonderfully supportive flatmates had to go away for the week, but they left me a whole chocolate cake to cheer me up.

EA Aug 2014 I think
U
U
Old Dog - I never have too much to add to other's threads, but I do find a lot of inspirational things that I hear from you. Keep your spirits up. Sounds like it's a new perspective for a new day.

chocolate cake always helps too.

Happy Labour Day?

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks u-turn. I find my spirits are up and down like a ... rollercoaster. Has anyone used this analogy before? :-)

Gradually pulling up that climb again.

EA Aug 2014 I think
L
L
haha we should come up with a new analogy! smile Yummy, chocolate cake sounds good!

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
My positives for today

• I spent a really enjoyable day with work colleagues at a care farm project for people with learning difficulties. We hauled logs, skinned/stripped bark, burnt brush and I taught my colleagues how to catch and hold a chicken (what a skill :-). I was the oldest there and I think I left quite an impression on some of them. I worked hard all day. I was at the forefront of any activity we did and was more than handy with an axe and a sickle.
  • I got back early enough to nip down the bike shop and buy a new mudguard. Always difficult when you work the same hours as they do and you can't get there in your lunch break.
  • I had a nice soak in the bath when I got back to ease my not so aching joints: I must be so fit :-) We'll see how they are tomorrow though.
  • I phoned home and was thanked my WAW for posting something to me that I had forgotten to bring with me. I also expressed my joy at the family iPad being found. She and the kids thought they had lost it on their extended weekend trip. Turned out S14 had hidden it in his bedroom to play with after lights out and forgot about it.
  • I also spoke to S14 about having a positive can do attitude when he goes back to school tomorrow and to help WAW, not hinder her when she is trying to get his act in gear.
  • And now I'm off to bed early.

EA Aug 2014 I think
G
G
Yeah old dog, there is huge therapy in being a pyromaniac I've done it a few times this winter.

Oh and nothing like buying new clothes to make you feel good! wink even if it is jeans that make you walk funny, talk about acting "as if" my thread will fill you in.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hey GG, sorry your having such a hard time. I'm sorry all of us are. Just watching a fire is fascinating, although we were all so busy yesterday, we didn't do much of that.

I've bought a couple of pairs of jeans using the advice from a friend. Apparently what I needed to be fashionable is selvedge jeans, so now I'm quite a dandy ... apart from the fact that all my clothes now hang off me as I've lost so much weight :-)

It's also happy shirt Wednesday and I'm going to be rockin' my new coourful stripey shirt at work today.

Stil awake a 5am though thinking not quite as positively as I'd like. Managed not to drench the pillow this time but 'coming back to the breath' every now and then.

Last edited by Old Dog; 09/03/14 05:20 AM.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I was just sitting waitng for the shower at work after cycling in, and I felt a little low so I was trying to think of something positive rather than get caught up in it.

I thought of the day I spent helping out at the charity farm yesterday which I enjoyed when I suddenly realised that throughtout the whole day I was hoping someone would notice my hard work and say what a good job you are doing.

I did say I thought I'd left an impression on them in a post above, but now I remember actually thinking it during the day. I did get a compliment from one of my colleagues when I hauled some logs into a better position to skin them and really set work on them. She asked if I'd done this before and thought I was a natural.

Maybe I should bump up words of affirmation as one of my LL. Now I have realised this, I realise I've always done it.

My self discovery journey continues.

(Not so) Old Dog xx

PS Rockin' a mega happy shirt today. Let's just see who comments on it when I go into the office. Fishing for compliments again see.

EA Aug 2014 I think
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard