Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
S
S
Yeah, it's awful to have to see your wife date all of these men. I really am very sorry that she's putting you through that.

But look on the bright side! She knows that she's trying to distract herself! If she can admit that she's dating like this because she's seeking some sort of distraction, that's already half the battle.

I mean, really: How many people who going through a MLC, or who are otherwise pursuing escapist endeavours, are actually cognizant of the fact that they're engaging in self-distraction? Whatever she's trying to hide from isn't going to go away, and she can't distract herself forever (especially since she's aware of the fact that that's what she's actually doing).

May the gods have mercy on you, and on her, once she's forced to come face-to-face with whatever she's running away from. I imagine there's going to be a great flood of regret coming for her soon enough.

Me: 31 W: 31
T: 10 years CL: 7 years
IDLY: 01/13 Sep: 07/13 I Moved out: 10/13
W Currently seeing OM
Pets, but No Children
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I had a nice evening with d17, we watched a couple of movies together ('Saving Mr. Banks' and 'Dead Poet's Society'), and she really enjoyed them. D17 is our brilliant child (ya know, 4.0 grades and everything) and also very spiritual, and I miss having her around like crazy.

So I woke up this morning just sobbing. I miss having the family together and having moments of just talking and being together. I need a new job and more money so that I don't have to squeeze the four of us into the tiny 2 bedroom apartment. I need better health, and I don't know why this is all happening to me right now. Sorry, feeling like I'm in a 'self-pity' party this morning. I better go exercise.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
A swipe by W at me on FB, where she posted as a comment on mutual friend's FB post about creative people. W comments that "her next husband will have to be clean and organized." (Which of course, I am, and she is not). I did not reply, but I thought of some possibly funny responses:

- your next husband will be half the man of your first.
- why change a good thing?
- there's no one in the world who could keep you organized.

OK, maybe I am not being funny at all. Any funny suggestions out there?

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
W
He's ready for you and his name is Mr. Clean.

S
S
How about:

".....because in the grand scheme of life, THAT'S most important.

FOR SURE before faithfulness, honesty, loyalty, stability, integrity, trustability......as long as he's clean and organized, you're golden.

Good luck with that. "

W
W
I've found him. His name is Mr. Monk.

K
K
As temptiong as it is, I wouldn't say anything. She is trying to get a rise out of you...just one more justification that she is doing the right thing.

Any good news on the job front? Nothing here but I am not giving up.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
I would take a picture of your place when it's immaculate with new pictures, etc., post it onto your friend's social wall and caption it with: I can't wait till this weekend!

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
You guys are GREAT! I knew you could do better than me. All of them are laugh out loud, gut busters.

So W forgets that s12 has football practice AND open house at his new jr. high school (what?). She scheduled a photo shoot at her condo, let me guess the photos will be taken in the bedroom, cause I've seen every other room and they are all a mess. So I agreed to take s12 to the school open house. Let's get him excited for school on Tuesday.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi Kat, no I heard back from 2 recent places I interviewed at, and I did not get the jobs. The last one really stung. I was a perfect fit, I answered their "trick" question correctly, it was a steady paycheck with flexible hours. I realllly wanted it. I have not ever been that emotionally down (this past Tuesday) on my job/financial situation. So I got 5 more resumes/job applications out. A little money came in today, and I feel completely different.

Kat, I am sorry that nothing has come through for you yet on the job front. You seem to have a healthy attitude about all that you are facing. You are a strong, wise woman. I realized today how much my emotions are tied into my finances. Something else for me to work on, oh my.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard