Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
T
Tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I was thinking more in lines of another name for a donkey...

M
M
I wish I'd had this site a year ago. My H's "no contact" (ha!) letter was practically a soliloquy of "farewell my love" and included a reply in the same vein. No wonder I ended up where I am.

Keep fighting the good fight, Tarheel.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
S
Originally Posted By: Maybell
I wish I'd had this site a year ago. My H's "no contact" (ha!) letter was practically a soliloquy of "farewell my love" and included a reply in the same vein.

sick sick laugh

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
T
T
I am liking this new-and-improved Tarheel!!!

THIS is a man who lovingly commands respect.

Bravo.

Stay strong!!

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
T
T
Fwiw, Tar, our NC letter is in my thread titled, "Looking up at the mountain ahead," I believe.

I'm not on my computer. If someone else is and can easily find it and link it here for Tar, that'd be great. But it was pretty standard. Very short and sweet.

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
S
S
Originally Posted By: Train
Fwiw, Tar, our NC letter is in my thread titled, "Looking up at the mountain ahead," I believe.

I'm not on my computer. If someone else is and can easily find it and link it here for Tar, that'd be great. But it was pretty standard. Very short and sweet.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

Quote:
OW,

As I've already explained, our relationship is over. It was a mistake, built on lies and deceit, and it hurt my wife and children very much. I am committed to Train and my children and to repairing my relationships with them.

Do not contact me any more. I will also not be contacting you.

I have committed to being fully open, honest and transparent with Train about my affair with you. To that end, any attempts on your part to contact me – if you choose not to respect my wishes of no-contact - will be immediately shared with my wife, just as I've openly shared with her the texts you've sent this week.

Sincerely,

H

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
Any update tonight Tarheel?

H:40
Me:35
D5
S4
S3 months
Married 8 years Together 17 years
BD: 5/23/2014
T
Tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Good timing- W just left. We agreed to try to work on things.

We had family dinner, helped kids with homework, then got them in bed. W started yawning and complaining about how much she had to do tomorrow, so I thought for sure she'd leave without talking with me. But she sat down and asked if I wanted to talk.

Conversation had its ups and downs. We'd start going into difficult topics, but then would agree that we should probably wait until MC.

So W asked me to find a MC and set that up. She also agreed no OM contact. I told her that involved writing a letter for me to approve and send as well as both of us sharing emails, passwords, etc. She was fully on board, which really surprised me. W left and we hugged goodbye. Family bday party tomorrow and we talked about trying to go out on some dates upcoming.

Now the hard work begins- discussing some very difficult topics. My biggest hang up will be with OM, where as W will be more focused on the past 15 yr dynamic. With all I've read and learned, I feel confident in addressing how I contributed to the M failure.

Feeling good about tonight, but am well aware of the possible starts and stops, so trying to control my expectations.

T
Tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Good timing- W just left. We agreed to try to work on things.

We had family dinner, helped kids with homework, then got them in bed. W started yawning and complaining about how much she had to do tomorrow, so I thought for sure she'd leave without talking with me. But she sat down and asked if I wanted to talk.

Conversation had its ups and downs. We'd start going into difficult topics, but then would agree that we should probably wait until MC.

So W asked me to find a MC and set that up. She also agreed no OM contact. I told her that involved writing a letter for me to approve and send as well as both of us sharing emails, passwords, etc. She was fully on board, which really surprised me. W left and we hugged goodbye. Family bday party tomorrow and we talked about trying to go out on some dates upcoming.

Now the hard work begins- discussing some very difficult topics. My biggest hang up will be with OM, where as W will be more focused on the past 15 yr dynamic. With all I've read and learned, I feel confident in addressing how I contributed to the M failure.

Feeling good about tonight, but am well aware of the possible starts and stops, so trying to control my expectations.

D
D
Tarheel,

So happy for your recent developments. Your doing great. Keep up the good work!

Dev

Me: 40
Wife: 38
M: 10. T: 18
S: 8, D: 6, S: 4
BD 02/01/14
Asked her to leave 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard