Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
M
mdu Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Have to see H for several hours tomorrow am for kids soccer. Determined to get my PMA back before then. Having dinner tonight with a friend who usually can get me feeling good --- she's awesome about helping me figure out how to deal with various things that are stressing me.

Have, HAVE to get up early tomorrow and make myself go for a run. Since I have been so tired lately I've been neglecting it but it's such a good pick me up I really need to make sure it happens before seeing H tomorrow.

Been documenting finances more closely and unfortunately it's not looking good. It's amazing all the little things you don't think of that I spend money on. I still want to figure out a way to make finances work if I end up here alone --- thinking of becoming a couponer! I know it wouldn't necessarily make a huge dent but it might be enough to take the edge off, if anyone has tips please let me know.

M: 42
H: 43
M: 8 years
S7 and D4
H has D19 and S25 from previous M
Bomb: 3/6/14 OW discovered, EA & PA
1st separation, 10 days, decided to reconcile & moved back in. Fail
2nd separation: 5/1/14
T
T
Mdu I have been couponing for about 7 years... not to be conceited but I am GOOD at it.... I sell to friends/family/have yard sales and before Lilly (aka more time) I would average making about $300 in PROFIT every month plus all my food/household/personal care items free.....

It takes more effort than a lot of people realize, but so worth it. Right now I spend about $100 a month for all groceries/household/personal care. And we eat lots of fresh fruits/veggies and I cloth diaper so lots of Tide being used.

What I tell everyone is "think outside the box, just because you don't use an item doesn't mean you won't need a coupon for it"

Example.....
Minute Maid refrigerated drinks, there is $1 off of 2 coupon and when you buy 4 at Wal-Mart for $1.25 each you will pay $3 and then text your receipt with the minute maid circled and the word minute maid in the caption to 811811
You will then get a $5 Wal-Mart egift card. You can do this 5x

So you paid $3 and got $5 back, then donate the beverage to a soup kitchen and take the tax write off........

Me: 35 husband:39
Sons 16 and 11 from my first marriage
Twins 5 (boy/girl)
Daughter 3
Affair bomb 2/27/14
He moved in with ow 3/13/14
OW kicked him out 6/15/14
4/2016 he seeks help for sexual addiction

W
W
Twin,

Gosh darn it! Just reading about your couponing activities is giving a headache already. Cannot understand extreme couponers...that's outside of my realm period. I just don't have it in me to do this.

T
T
Wonka, it started as a challenge for me... to see how good I could be and then it became my job when I quit doing therapy to stay home with the twins. I love it.
I bought over $200 in vitamins (ocean blue brand omega 3) and that allowed me $175 in "overage" to buy milk(freeze extra) eggs, coffee creamer, cheese sticks, tuna, frozen pizza, toilet paper, pistachios, walnuts, and lots of other things that are usually expensive.
I then donate the vitamins or sell some for super cheap and make my $$....

It gets easier the longer you do it. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT just read coupon blogs and do what they say. Understand WHAT you are doing and why and understand store policies.

Me: 35 husband:39
Sons 16 and 11 from my first marriage
Twins 5 (boy/girl)
Daughter 3
Affair bomb 2/27/14
He moved in with ow 3/13/14
OW kicked him out 6/15/14
4/2016 he seeks help for sexual addiction

M
mdu Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Holy cow twinmom! I need couponing 101. How do you suggest getting started?

I a bit intrigued by the challenge, I must say..

S7 and D4
M
mdu Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Spent pretty much the whole morning with H. The kids both had soccer. We sort of danced around each other, sometimes chatting and smiling a lot but then other times keeping a big distance.

H said to me: "With the breeze I keep smelling your perfume, it smells good."

He offered to do some bulk shopping for me today, he's going to one of those wholesale clubs.

When we were leaving he asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with them (he has the kids today). I ask no, but thanks for asking. I feel a bit odd doing stuff with kids at this stage, given how far back we seem to have slid and are still barely beginning to regain our footing. Although I must say that I left the soccer field and got in the car and cried. I miss my family.

I am a little concerned about saying 'no' to H's invite to lunch. I didn't really explain that I feel like he and I should probably spend a bit of time just us before pulling the kids back in again. Should I clarify this with him? Thoughts?

S7 and D4
T
T
Nope. Feels like pressure and R talk.

It's *good* to decline an invitation every once in a while. Because you're a busy gal who's a little mysterious and GAL. Remember???

Keep things light and breezy. No heavy stuff. This isn't the time.

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
M
mdu Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Does anyone else get a perverse satisfaction out of watching movies about infidelity...where the wayward spouse and OM/OW get totally screwed in the end? wink

S7 and D4
W
Wet Offline
W
yes.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
W
Definitely!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard