Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
W
OP Offline
W
It's funny how a couple of little things can just brighten your day. Today I was going to work and not looking forward to a specific situation. I stopped at the coffee shop I normally go to and the pretty Filipina at the take out window gives me a big smile and a wave as I pull up and she says excitedly, " I've been waiting for you! Guess what? I'm going camping this weekend!"We sometimes chat at the window and today there were no cars behind me. Her last holiday plan got cancelled at the last minute. So anyway we chatted about where she was going etc. and then she clapped her hands together and said "I'm so excited!" I drove away with a smile on my face. Just the fact that she was so excited about sharing that with me felt really nice. Then I got to work and walked into the staff room for a meeting and one of our volunteers was there and her face lit up with the biggest smile when she saw me and she called out "Namaste, Whatis"(She's Indian and we talk about Yoga sometimes). Sometimes these little encounters mean so much to your day and the people who do it for you don't even know it...and I handled the situation I wasn't looking forward to like an ace.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Like!

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
My workplace right now is a nightmarish shambles. We're are being re-organized and this means my Director is now being castrated (although she is a woman) and they are bringing in managers from a non-unionized facility to meet with staff individually to discuss our jobs. So, as the Shop Steward, it is my job to protect the best interests of my members. So I raised a stink especially since the manager they've chosen to interview us was instrumental in crushing our union in another facility. So I laid out to them that my members are willing to discuss their job duties and that's it. We will not discuss anyone or anything else that is not directly related to our duties. I told them if a union member is uncomfortable with any question asked he/she has the right to request to have their union steward (me) present. I then told them that any mention or reference to our union would result in immediate legal action. Basically, they're head hunting and I'm trying to protect my people. Fun wow! So I really needed those smiles from those pretty ladies today smile

W
OP Offline
W
When I pulled up to the pickup window today Drive thru lady started dancing ...she's still pretty excited about her upcoming camping weekend lol. I always drive away with an XL coffee and a smile on my face. That's pretty neat!

M
M
smile Great start to the morning!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
Best part of my morning, believe me lol!
I'm trying to find my D20 a counsellor to meet with. She finally agreed to talk to someone but doesn't want the male Pastor I'd suggested previously (He's a trained family therapist). She also doesn't want anyone in the field that knows me or her mother. So, I called Family Service Toronto and the waiting list is closed until September but she can get on the waiting list by calling the first week and it will take one to two months to meet with someone. So, I've found a few social workers who do private counselling in our area and forwarded their websites and info for D20 to look at. We shall see. After her trip to Quebec with Voldy she feels rather down. She feels she's laying too much of her stuff on her bf. I told her that her sitch is tough on a relationship. I went through this with SDA Lady and it's draining. So I'm glad she's beginning to open up to the idea of talking to someone. She's resisted it for a long while.

W
OP Offline
W
...and I met with the Union busting Manager and we had a nice discussion on why Hot Yoga suucks...and I'm also sending her a link to a church which caters to those with disabilities that she didn't know about. When she asked my views on how my program operated I went into a song and dance about the joys of helping people. So, that's done...for now.

W
OP Offline
W
Jimmy Kimmel should get over this Rob Ford thing and start looking for material on the dating sites. Here's my fav from yesterday, "if u think with ur head and not jus the one peaking out of ur zipper then send me a message" HARD to resist lol!

M
M
OMG!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
I got my morning smile today. I pulled into the coffee shop drive thru and Coffee Shop Lady, who starts work on Wednesdays, spotted me a few cars down and started waving her little white work gloves at me and had the biggest smile. Apparently while camping she didn't see any bears but heard a wolf. We then discussed the merits of the new dark roast blend, which we've both switched to lol. Then I drove on to the place of darkness...my workplace!

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard