Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
claire7 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I would LOVE to have a virtual running partner! We can post our progress (maybe start a new "GAL 5K" thread!) That would certainly keep me more honest.

A couple of really helpful notes from my coach:

He's still conflicted, so he has rewritten the relationship narrative to help him justify his decision. Seeing this new version of me complicates that narrative, but he's too afraid to accept it. So, he'll 'test' me by pushing my buttons, because what he expects to see (anger) would help him keep his rewritten narrative. So, every time I respond in a way he wasn't expecting, it will keep him conflicted.

For now, I just keep on keepin' on, keep on GAL, add a bit more mystery.

Maybell-- related to your sitch: I wouldn't suggest you should start dating, especially if you don't want to (and I totally relate to that), but giving off the image that you might be, and certainly COULD (and could do really well!) if you wanted to, could be a good thing.

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

S
S
I admire you runners. I only run when chased. LOL

I love that you posted your notes from your coach because it's helpful to me, too. Ever heard the song "Better Version of Me" by Fiona Apple? It's a good one. Anyway, your new version of you complicating his narrative is GOOD. Keep it up. You're an inspiration for sure, Claire. Keep it up!

Maybell, also related to your sitch, I agree. Dating might get a little hairy at this point BUT I like Claire's idea that you could give off the image that it's not out of the question or that you're totally dateable (which you certainly are!) could add some mystery maybe without being downright deceitful, you know?

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
M
M
GAL 5k thread -- yes!!! Do you want to start it or shall I??

So... The universe is telling me to flirt freely. I can certainly handle that. smile now just to find unmarried willing targets. The musician I was going to see cancelled for tomorrow (I have an inside track on the schedule) so I've got to find a substitute activity.

Thanks a lot for sharing your coach's insights. It seems to have made a difference in how you're feeling.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
S
"flirt freely" is an awesome thing. Enjoy that!

C
claire7 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Maybe it doesn't have to be only about running. Could just be a place for people to track their GAL activities, or log anything they want to keep track of. Sometimes just knowing you are going to have to post it can help keep you motivated.

I need to wait a bit on a start date, though... (Hmm, that sounds like an awful excuse). So, let me 180 that. Never mind, let's get this thing started! Maybell, you are such an encouraging wordsmith, I would love it if you would start the thread! We could add our goal as part of our signature!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

S
S
I love your idea of a 5K thread. I was wondering if there was a GAL Check In post or something so everyone can post what they're doing each day or so as a running list of ideas or suggestions and as a way to keep tabs on those who are NOT doing what they know they should so we can encourage those people.

Thoughts on that? Is that against any board rules?

M
M
There's a goal thread that was started a couple of months ago but it wasn't sustained.

Okey dokey, I'll set it up.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
L
L
Hi ladies!
Claire, I just wanted to say I am reading Mindset now, thanks for the suggestion. It is a genius book! I am definitely one of the fixed mindset people and it is so nice to know I can change that! I can see this making my life a lot better and more exciting. So thank you!

I love the GAL thread idea, too bad I am not a runner but I support you ladies!

Hugs, LisaB

C
claire7 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
LisaB,
So glad you are finding Mindset helpful! I find that her theory meshes really well with DB.

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

C
claire7 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok kids. Please tell me if I'm crazy or not:
I'm going out of town on my first business trip ever, leaving D3 with WAH for 4 nights in a row. I was thinking of baking him a cake that he's said in the past is one of his favorites of mine (I used to bake quite a bit, and he always bragged about my ability to everyone). It's also a variation of a cake that his grandma used to make, so there is even more sentimental attachment.

I could give it to him as a thank you for stepping up while I'm away, and congratulations on his new job, and also for my D3, so she can have a special treat from me while I'm away, and they can share it together.

I was inspired by the "zucchini bread" strategy someone else tried. But is it way too much pursuing?

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard