Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2474932 08/01/14 06:49 PM
A
amacin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello
This is my first post and I wish that I wasn't on here but I know from past experience that this site and the people on it as well as the counsellors and Michelle's book are very helpful, as my husband and I went through a seperation 7 years ago and we were able to work through it.

But here I am 7 years later and now hes telling me "I love you but I'm not in love with you", "I'm not sure that I want to be with you anymore", "we're on two different paths", and "neither of us has been happy for awhile".

I guess I should start at the beginning.
My husband and I have been arguing a lot lately and I had started to wonder if I really wanted to be in this marriage anymore. I knew I loved my husband but I felt very alone and unappreciated. Then On July 10th my husband and I got into an arguement in which he told be that he didn't think that he wanted to be with me anymore. This knocked the wind out of me and made me realize that I really did want to be with him more than anything else. Well he went for a ride and when he came back he told me "yes I love you and Yes I want to be with you but there are changes that need to happen" and of course I was willing to make these changes.
The very next day I signed up for counselling to deal with my depression and saw my doctor to change my anti-depressants. Things seemed to be going very well. I even asked him what he thought and he said he was very happy about the communication and the progress that he had seen so far.

And then on the 20th he hit my with the bombshell of "I love you but I'm not in love with you", "I'm not sure that I want to be with you anymore", "we're on two different paths", and "neither of us has been happy for awhile".
I was evestated. I never knew what happened to make him change his mind.
Now we are going to couples counselling but so far we have only had one session and neither of us are sure how to feel about it. She is not as "marriage saving" oriented as I would like.
I am re-reading the divorce rememdy and have signed up for their counselling again and have my first session tonight but as much as I am trying to stay positive I'm really hurting and sometimes feel like it is a lost cause.
There are some positive signs that I am tryng to focus on like,he's willing to go to counselling, he's still living at home, and he says that he is willing to see what happens.
But it still hurts that he does not want me to touch him or kiss him or sleep in the same bed as him. All I want is for him to hold me and tell me we'll work it out. But I know I can't ask him to do that right now.
On July 29 (our anniversary) he said that we are not together but he is willing to work on our friendship and see where it goes from there.
I'm hurting so badly.
Any encouraging words are VERY welcome.
Thank
you
married 8

amacin
T - 12 years M - 8 years
S 7 D 3
DB - 07-10-14
WAS \ ILYBNILWY \ MLC
amacin #2474945 08/01/14 07:52 PM
O
O
Hi amacin, sorry you're back in the same position. I'm a relative noob, but ...

If you are both familiar with this situation, I'd say sack the counsellor and get one who understands. Did you use DB/DR before? Were you both following the rules or just you?

Also, remember that someone in this position is all over the place and doesn't really know what they want or what to think or what colour the sky is.

It's never too late.

Old Dog xx

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
Old Dog #2474976 08/01/14 08:50 PM
A
amacin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi old dog
Thank you for your support. I used db before but I kinda fell off the wagon after our second child.
I am working on doing a 180 and it's going ok but as I'm sure you are familiar with it's never fast enough.
H is away for the weekend and my intention is not to message him at all unless it's an emergency.
I'm trying to do things for myself which is not easy. I'm not used to it and it feels wrong. But I know it's for the best.
H says that he wants to be friends again and then sees what happens so I'm trying to stay positive. I know we can work this out but it is still really hard not to focus on that alone. Lol.
Thank you for the reply though. It helps to talk.

amacin
T - 12 years M - 8 years
S 7 D 3
DB - 07-10-14
WAS \ ILYBNILWY \ MLC
amacin #2475157 08/02/14 12:56 PM
C
C
Originally Posted By: amacin
It's been 12 days since H said he didn't know if he wanted to be with me anymore. He said I'm not fun anymore and I'm never happy. He's right though. After our second child I completely stopped doing things for myself and completely focused on the family. I never realized how depressed I had become until he dropped this bomb.
I've been working with a db counsellor and my H and I are seeing a couples counsellor.
On aug 29 (our 8 yr anniversary) he told me that we are not a couple but he is willing to work on being friends again and see what happens from there.
I am trying really hard not to "bug" my H about if we will work this out or not. I'm trying to be hopeful but it is really hard at times.
Things I have done for myself:
Seen my doctor and am being treated for depression and anxiety.
Started an aqua size class.
Took a trip with just the kids.
Talking with a db counsellor.
Getting referrals to a counsellor for my own issues, stress management group, anxiety group, anger management group and a positivity group.
I'm also not texting my H almost at all (unless it has to do with the kids of course)
Not bothering him about where he is or who he is with.
If anyone has any other suggestions of things to do I am very open to trying anything.
I miss my H like crazy (even though he's still in the house)
Thank you.

This is all perfectly natural.

Their are no magic buttons,
hard work and focus on YOU and not him.

Keep posting

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2475562 08/04/14 04:45 AM
A
amacin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well today wasn't a great day. I broke down and felt like everything was doomed. But I did not do this Infront of H. So I can be proud of myself for that.
H sold his bike which was one of his most loved possessions. I'm confused. I have no idea why he did it. He didn't tell me about it before hand. I asked him where it was because I was worried it had been stolen. Then I freaked our thinking he sold it to get money for a lawyer. But I have no proof of that either so I'm freaking myself with no proof. I'm trying to stay calm and think positive thoughts and remind myself there is still hope. It's just really hard.

amacin
T - 12 years M - 8 years
S 7 D 3
DB - 07-10-14
WAS \ ILYBNILWY \ MLC
amacin #2477216 08/08/14 08:37 PM
A
amacin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
So Wednesday was a great day. H started to just text me out of the blue like he used too and it was nice. I felt like there was hope. All day yesterday I was in such a great mood. And then today I feel like complete crap. Like we'll never work it out. It's hard to stay positive right now

amacin
T - 12 years M - 8 years
S 7 D 3
DB - 07-10-14
WAS \ ILYBNILWY \ MLC
amacin #2477234 08/08/14 09:25 PM
E
E
It's hard, isn't it? My feelings are all over the map. To stay positive, I've started to journal the hopeful signs I see. When I'm feeling hopeless (and more importantly, when I'm feeling the urge to call H when I know I shouldn't), I look at the list and remind myself that I am making progress and that I have a lot to be hopeful for. Then I'm able to compartmentalize my worry and move on to something else.

Me: 33 Him: 35
T: 13 M: 11
D7
BD, S: Jul 3rd, 2014
Elsa #2477276 08/09/14 02:00 AM
A
amacin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I've been doing that too but for some reason today I just lost it. I think I'm just exhausted from always try to be happy. I find it's hard to learn to do things for yourself. I've given everything to him and put two kids for so long I'm not sure now how to do things for myself.
Elsa I hope things are going ok for you. I'm going to try and read your thread. Sounds like we're in the same boat. It's nice to have support.

amacin
T - 12 years M - 8 years
S 7 D 3
DB - 07-10-14
WAS \ ILYBNILWY \ MLC
amacin #2477279 08/09/14 02:02 AM
C
C
Detach ... find you ... I know its seems so hard ... and I too suffer from haning on a text or some sign there is a hint of hope/emotion/feeling from my WAS ... hang in there .. if anything misery loves company and just knowing you are not alone does take some sting out .. I hope things get better for you.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

CaliGuy #2478727 08/13/14 09:24 PM
A
amacin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
H just told me I have 3.5 months to figure things out so I can move out of our house. I'm devestated. He said before it was so we could see where things were between us at that point. I have no idea what to do. I'm hurting so badly that all I want to do is something stupid. I won't but I want too. 😢

amacin
T - 12 years M - 8 years
S 7 D 3
DB - 07-10-14
WAS \ ILYBNILWY \ MLC
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard