Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
W
OP Offline
W
No Rick, I work in a vocational rehabilitation program for individuals with psychiatric disorders. We're getting a ton of Aspergers and Autistic referrals lately ...and apparently I'm their tackling dummy!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
R
Ugg Wii. I am now supervising the DD team. Last night one of my workers was punched by an Autistic kid. Hummmm gonna have to do some training with my guys... oh and get a helmet...

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
fun stuff Rick...NOT!
Anyway, I had a nice evening with my best friend. We saw the concert and visited an art gallery beforehand. I got home and there was a message from the lady I will now dub as BSW Lady. She wrote "Hi Whatis, I am not sure if I'll be gone this long weekend. Sometimes I don't plan, and I just go when i feel like going. Well have fun at the concert! BSW Lady" I guess she's letting me know that if I message her I might not get a reply for a few days, that's nice. It shows my assertive message made an impression. I replied that I too like to sometimes just hop in the car and head to somewhere I've never been. I told her a bit about my evening and said "Well, I hope you find some place wonderful to go this weekend and hopefully we'll see each other soon" I'll leave it there for a few days.

W
OP Offline
W
Btw, I'm not gonna put a lot into this contact. I still tend to believe that if someone is interested in you they'll find the time... moving or not. So, I'll check in with her but I'm not hanging around for too long. My best friend says what he finds with women in his online dating adventures is that they are often very ambivalent, they want to but they're not quite sure etc. and you never get very far. It's easy to throw up a profile and pick through replies but not so easy to move beyond that sometimes. Anyway, it's long weekend here in TO and tomorrow I have church and Sunday a family reunion in Guelph Ontario.
Happy Friday everybody!

W
OP Offline
W
Voldy just phoned me and went ballistic on me. She'd asked me a few weeks ago to get my D17 dental and eye doctor appointments. I have reminded D17 twice to do so and given her the phone numbers. She has not followed through. I do not know D17's work schedule so I thought it best to treat her like an adult and get her to make the appointments. Voldy went on about how she has to do everything blah blah blah. I told her that i would follow up with D17 and make sure it was done, I then told her that she had no right to phone me and carry on like this. I said that her behaviour is unacceptable and I am unwilling to listen to it anymore...and hung up on her.

K
K
Good job wii! Boundaries need to be set even years later. I am proud of you.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Kat. She seems to think that her life stresses are so much more righteous than anyone elses. I spent ten years running around taking care of absolutely everything for her because of her demanding jobs and stress level. Don't go crapping on me and carrying on about "I have to do everything"! Anyway, she was parked out front of my apartment when she called, the girls wanted to drop off some cookies for me that they had baked. When they went back downstairs their mother flipped on them, slapped D17 on the arm and drove off leaving them to walk home. What a wing nut. I'm seriously thinking I might need to talk to her about her anger issues. It's getting a little much.

K
K
Maybe send her the movie "Anger Management". Then run!! How did you stay together so long? Oh right,you are laid back and can be accomadating while she is not. I do get a bit intense sometimes myself but not to the point that everyone wants to get away from me! Lol

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
hey Gineen, the online dating world can be tough, as you already know. You're often dealing with dickheads and people who just don't know how to be upfront...even when you tell them it's ok to say no, they won't and they'll keep dicking you! I've decided to just let this last lady go. She needs to show a little enthusiasm, if she really wants to meet then she can contact me and make some suggestions, I've done my part. Otherwise, i think I'm just wasting my time with her. She's just parking me on the sidelines and I'm a "no parking" guy at the moment lol. In my last dating experience I learned two things, one of which I've already violated. 1-giving second chances never works, they just do it to you again! 2- mixed messages mean NO...no matter what they say. I used to blow up the positives and play down the negatives but you have take both those messages together cuz they ARE the message. Mixed messages means move on. Anyway, this lady hasn't bothered to even respond to my last chatty message and when ladies are really genuinely interested in connecting, they want to respond. She also, in one breath said she was too short on time to meet me but in the next tells me she might just go away on a whim for the entire long weekend 'cuz she wants to . That tells me, when she wants to do something, she does it. So that's enough. I'm moving on. My life right now is stressful enough in many areas without playing the mixed messages game.
So, just remember that to get to the rich ore you have to dig through the slag first...and the slag can be dirty lol! Thanks for checking in smile

W
OP Offline
W
Kat, her anger management is non existent. She has never been able to say "I'm angry, I need to walk away and cool down before dealing with this" Instead, her inner child comes out and she strikes out in vengeance towards whoever she feels has wronged her. It's payback when she screams, yells, slaps and throws stuff. She's a classic abuser really, at work she's the queen of patience and staying cool but when she comes home...you don't want to be the dog!Her Dad was like that too. He was everybody's pal and everyone liked him but he'd come home and scream and yell, hit the mom, throw stuff...there's a slight resemblance here. Lately, Voldy seems to lose it once every two weeks when the girls are with her. She knows she needs to walk away but she just can't give up getting childish revenge on people. She thinks the whole world should exist to pander to her stress and upsets. I lost a winner, didn't I lol. The girls actually laugh at her because she's so ridiculous. D17 texted me when they got home last night (after Voldy took off on them and made them walk) "Oooh, Mommy's waiting on the couch for me...wish me luck lol".

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard