Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
NLW -

I don't know if this is any help but when my Sx2 were at P/School we paid an insurance within the fee. This covered the fees in the event of loss of income.

I know of several parents who got d whilst at the school and the school helped them out, so it may be worth setting up a meeting with your s school and explain the situation to them - if there is a way of keeping your s there they will know.

Good Luck

N
NLW Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Just a quick update to report an unexpected twist in the road. And to confirm to everyone that you never do know what's around the corner...

Couple of days before Xmas, I got an email from someone I knew in high school.
He'd recently met up with my old high school BF who'd been visiting our town from his new home in Peru. Old BF mentioned that he'd caught up with me and the two spoke about what i'm doing now.

Apparently I sounded interesting enough for the other guy to contact me to say hi.

Now this was a guy who I always adored from afar but thought was out of my league.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw his name in my inbox - after 40 years!

He has been separated for 3 years (after 30 y marriage) and has 3 kids similar ages to mine. I've seen his photo and he still looks as handsome - sorta George Clooney-ish to my eyes.

We are meeting up day after tomorrow for a stroll around the botanic gardens - and he wants to go for dinner after that.

Who would have thunk it?
He's almost falling over trying to get me to meet him - makes me a little suspicious (actually, given my recent experience, a lot suspicious) but also made me realise that I have a lot to offer.

Now if i only had time to get a face lift and my teeth whitened...

job Offline
Just be yourself. No one stays young looking forever! I'm sure up close he's not as young looking as he use to be. Go and have a good time. You have a lot of catching up to do, i.e., 40 years worth!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
B
That is so exciting.

Funny how guys that were cute to us in high school or college always have a special place in our hearts.

Have a fun time. So exciting!!

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

K
kml Offline
K
Nice! At my last reunion, one of the handsome football players (now happily married for many years) confessed that he had a big crush on me in high school. I never had a clue! As one of the nerdy intellectual kids, I would have been completely flabbergasted if one of the "popular" kids asked me out lol! It was nice to hear though.

L
L
NLW, give yourself a break.

I hope you have a fun time.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
G
G
Sounds like fun. Enjoy yourself (says super nerdy girl in hs)!!!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
B
B
So, how was the date? Can’t wait to read the updates. smile

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
Details please smile

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

N
NLW Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh dear....

unfortunately, I don't have good news to report.

The poor man was clearly completely unreconstructed following his own divorce.

I felt like I was in a situation that was like that movie where the guy has to find a woman to marry him before new year's eve in order to qualify for some sort of inheritance.

The emails came thick and fast - sometimes 2 or 3 before i 'd had time to reply...

When i met him, he started touching me affectionately immediately (rubbing my shoulder and arms). He straightaway started reminiscing about all sorts of specific occasions from 40 yrs ago that I could no longer remember - and then telling me that I was a a candidate for alzheimers for not being able to recall.

Turns out we had nothing in common (other than being divorced and traumatised by it).

He kept pushing for more and more future dates even before we'd met for the first time.

He also was very bitter about his XW and peppered his conversation with references to what a B she was.

Truly, I suddenly understood how my X must have felt about me being so clingy and pursuing just after BD. Even how he felt when I tried to touch him and he would flinch. I felt pretty much the same way.

I learned something really important. I am not ready for a relationship.
I just wanted to run away.

I've spent the last few days thinking carefully about a lot of things. I feel like the experience has put me back a fair bit.

But looking at it another way, an important learning experience I suppose.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard