Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
D
Also, and this is just my take, it stills seems like you're giving her all the power in this.

What does Scorp want? What's good for Scorp? What's good for Scorp's kids?

And you can't use a "but" in your reply.

Betcha can't do it....

smile

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
S
Scorp7 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The child support has been agreed upon between my W and I. I'm actually paying her slightly more than what I would be if it went through the courts.

Me-40,W-37
D7, D5, S3
Separated Oct 3/2013
T 11 YRS
M 7 YRS
S
Scorp7 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Drew...lol. What I want is to stay in my province, it's best for my kids, it would be best for me, it would be best for my W as well, whether we were together or not.

I'd like to keep my house, my kids love it, I love it and we all sacrificed a lot to have it.

Ultimately though, I want my family back together again, someday. I want to see my kids everyday. I want to have a happy life with my W and kids. My kids want this as much as I do.

There... no "buts", lol.

Me-40,W-37
D7, D5, S3
Separated Oct 3/2013
T 11 YRS
M 7 YRS
D
D
Originally Posted By: Scorp7
it would be best for my W as well,

Oh?

Come on, Scorp, you've learned more than that, I hope.

Tell me why I picked that out of your response.

S
Scorp7 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'd say that it could be mind reading, my W likely wouldn't see it that way etc. The reason I said that though was because she would be better off in virtually every way if she was back here. I don't mean back with me, just back in my province.

She has her parents there, she has a decent job there, that's about it. She could have a much better job here, be financially secure and have a lot more opportunity to build a new life for herself here.

That's her business, it's not mine right now other than we have kids together so we need to hopefully agree on some of this for their sake.

Me-40,W-37
D7, D5, S3
Separated Oct 3/2013
T 11 YRS
M 7 YRS
D
D
Scorp,

You're not listening.

SHE DOESN'T FEEL THAT WAY!!!!

W
W
Scorp,

Are you able to:

1) Keep your house? Is it financially doable for you do to so alone?

2) Keep your property as a single owner?

If that is not financially possible, then it looks like you can keep the house and sell the property? Is that right?

Drew and others are correct that W is NOT interested in moving back to the province. That is the reality you must deal with at the moment.

W
W
Drew,

Originally Posted By: Drew
Also, and this is just my take, it stills seems like you're giving her all the power in this.

Not to nitpick here...but Scorp's wife is the co-owner of the property and she does have a say in how its deposited. I believe the house is under Scorp's care as a sole homeowner...right? So that means Scorp can keep the house if he wishes to do so.

D
D
I completely understand that she is the co-owner of the house.

S
Scorp7 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I could keep the house and manage it on my own if my wife wanted to move back to my province. It makes no sense to keep it however if she stays where she is. I need to be living primarily wherever the kids are in school. If she stays there then the kids will be in school there unless I was to go to court and try to change that. I don't think a court battle is a good option.

If she is unwilling to move AND the house does not sell then that may be a different scenario. I could offer to buy her out of our home and keep it provided she moves back here.

I'm due to see her tonight when I pick up my kids. Any last suggestions on what to say or not say?

Me-40,W-37
D7, D5, S3
Separated Oct 3/2013
T 11 YRS
M 7 YRS
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard