Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Had a great time at the fair today. We didn't leave as easy as I hoped, but I know there is a lot of construction in that area and I didn't want to get stuck in morning rush hour. We still got up early, but it was already a madhouse to park and get there. But we got a good parking spot near the Milwaukee Mile and the kids were excited we got to park on the racetrack. We were close to the entrance and even closer to the ride area where we went first. The ride section of the park opened at 10:00 and I already had bought tickets ahead of time. And the family special today was ride the rides before 3:00 and pay only 3 tickets. After 3:00 the rides were 5 tickets. So we were there as they opened and the kids got their pick of all the rides and no crowd. Nice. I didn't realize how far the tickets would go and we were in the ride part of the park for longer than I thought we would be. But then we got lemonade and caramel corn and went through the displays and saw the animals. They had a section with Jelly Belly as the sponsor so we got several packets of jelly belly beans too. Then next door was the cream puff pavilion and then the 25 cent milk. We saw the pig races and decided we were exhausted so we decided to head home. We had already been there 5-1/2 hours and we were dragging. I love the fair but I hate the crowds. They stress me out and irritate me. I am a woman who knows where I want to get and people who lollygag and mosey get on my nerves. Lol. So in that regard J was right. I am a raging B when people get in my way. It's hard to hide your displeasure when behind a crowd of slow moving gawkers. And I get the importance of strollers, but I have to say now that I don't need them they really get on my nerves.

I texted J a pic of D with cream all over her face and he called me. Apparently he got another escrow check he needs me to sign. Grrrrrr...and he can't pay me what he needs to pay me. We got on the subject of back to school since he had S try on all his pants at my place because he was too busy. Whatever, s has shot up and slimmed down so the pants that were too tight last year are loose on him now, so they all fit. I told H and he asked me what size fit the best and I told him 30/32 fit S best right now. I heard OW mutter something in the background and J asked me if that size was similar to a 16 or 18 in boys? I asked why? I said I don't think so because S had a bunch of 16s that did not fit him in the least. I said he needs a young man's cut now, not a kids and there is a difference. Again I heard OW mutter. J said well Old Navy has a sale on kids' jeans and they are cheap. Nice. I suggested J stick with the size that fits best since S is particular about how his clothes fit. He is a teenager after all. I told S about it and he just said ew. Lol. I also told J that S found a backpack and wanted me to buy it, but I held off because the deal is I bought D's backpack and J was to buy S's. Of course S's choice is three times the cost of D's. I told S if his dad refused to buy him a backpack I would get it but I told him to get something nice...good quality. Not something cheap so we have to get another backpack in three months.

I also got clothes for D and S and shoes for D. I'll see if J buys shoes for S. I have a feeling that J will be less and less willing to put out money for things the kids need. But I will put off what I want to get the kids what they want. J won't do that. I am also sending J a list of school supplies. H
We will see what he actually buys.

Oh and I told the kids we need to get the dog's nails trimmed because they are gnarly. S said that's because OW trimmed them herself to save money. Poor dog. No wonder that dog hates her.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
G
G
You could learn to trim them its not hard.

Sharp cutters and whoola!

Glad the far was ok and the kids had fun.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
job Offline
It's not difficult trimming the nails. Go to any pet supply aisle and look for the clippers.

As for the school supplies, there are some great sales going on now at Target, Walmart and Kmart.

I'm glad all of you enjoyed your day yesterday.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
OP Offline
W
That's okay. I'll pay the $10 and have a professional do it. I don't want to take the chance hurting him. It's $10 every two months or so. It's worth it.

I have my part of the school supplies nearly finished. It's J who will put it off and complain about his part. I guess I should be used to it.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
K
kml Offline
K
Yes, I used to do it on our German Shepherd but it's easy to cut too close and then you have a hard time stopping the bleeding, even with a styptic pencil.

W
OP Offline
W
My dog's nails are black and I know they are long, but I don't can't tell where the nail starts and the quick ends. I would be afraid not only of the bleeding but also of the chance of infection. I remember when S was tiny I trimmed his razor-sharp nails and he wiggled (as babies do) and I cut too much and got a snip of his precious little finger. He wailed and it bled and I felt like the worst mom ever. When D was tiny I never cut her nails. I always used a nail file. Talk about taking forever! LOL!

And no, I am not using a nail file on the dog.

Any suggestions on the best price for an inflatable mattress for camping? I want one that is self-inflating and doesn't need electric in case we are at a campsite with no electric. I found one at Tuesday Morning for a great price, but they only had one, and I would like to get two. Under $40 would be great. Craiglist is iffy for that stuff because people want too much for it (listing it as "vintage") or it has a hole. Besides I am iffy about that since this whole bedbug thing came about.

Gonna have to come up with some things to do to keep me occupied while the kids have another seven day stint with their dad. I know I need to pack for our trip, laundry, vacuuming, etc with some fun thrown in as well. I need to make arrangements for our end of summer camping trip too.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
K
kml Offline
K
Target

W
OP Offline
W
Hey there

I'll keep my eyes open at Goodwill and such. I would like some other camping stuff too. I found a

A little irritated. I talked to J today and he asked me to drop off the kids in the morning. I asked him if he was going to be around tomorrow and of course he said no. So nice. I get to drop the kids of with that woman. I knew it would happen but it makes me mad. J should be the one taking care of them, not OW. He will just go back to living his life like nothing ever happened. His existence where he gets to do whatever he wants and have free daycare to boot. In reality if he can't watch the kids for four hours at a time they should come to me. It bugs me but it shouldn't.

I am hoping one day this stuff won't bother me as much,

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
G
G
Not sure if you have a Dremel in USA but sit like a round file thing attached to a drill motor.

You can file dog nails that way, the experts and breeders say its ok. Not something I have tired but bf nails and long and given he reclines so much getting longer but the day.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
W
OP Offline
W
No no dremel and I imagine for the cost of one I could get the dog's nails trimmed a few times over. Besides I would rather keep that job for the professionals.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard