T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

Kat,

I had your kind of week last week myself. It was truly one of the most discouraging weeks for me, so if you were sitting around my campfire, I'm truly sorry.

Your income project sounds intriguing... can't wait to hear more about it! BTW, people gave me all sorts of crap for joining AARP when I turned 50 (admitting you're old), but for $16 a year, why not join the most powerful lobby in the country? Plus, it gave me a huge savings when I had to rent that van to drive D20 back from NY. There was no drop off fee. So I don't care if they think I'm too quick to jump the gun.

What are your plans for YOUR birthday?

Hugs,

Bets

p.s. Glad you were able to talk to one of them. Hopefully, it helped, even if just a little?

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, Mish. A crazy hectic day. But I know my Dad certainly appreciated it, even if he didn't know the back story. I got him a Jay Leno autographed photo in front of his Ferrari. Then a book on the last flood of Topeka. Happened when he was a kid. I thought it might jar some memories. smile

Bets, I spoke with Sally. Went over the half hour...can't guess how that happened. I told her I would be working onsecuring a better job soon and hopefully then could proceed working with her.

Today almost felt like my birthday. We went to Earth to Echo and then lunch at Red Robin. All in Olathe. My choice of movie because my Dad's isn't out yet. My birthday we will go to his movie and then to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. They already told me they will finish off the rest of my new tv since my old one is dying. I had saved nearly half and they are paying the remainder. Pretty good day, just hate having to go back to work tomorrow.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
I'm glad you like her. We used to have a standing date to IM chat every Saturday for a really long time. I miss her. She is just so real... And your back stories are familiar too.

We love Five Guys! Enjoy every morsel.

Hugs,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Last day. Day 28: a circle of love

Affirmation: I give love deeply and fully. I receive love deeply and fully. My Essenes is love.

Today: Continually remind yourself that no matter what judgements you make,every experience you have is allowing you to evolve as a spiritual being.

Task: surrounded by a circle of love. Meditate on the four elements: the sky as a spring clear day. Breathe clarity and become one with the sky. Next focus on a fresh mountain meadow. Feel one with the earth and nature. Feel the love and healing energy all around you.

Blessings, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Starting off my 50th birthday a bit early thanks to Betsey! What an awesome surprise.some beautiful and cheerful flowers greeted me after I got home today. Made my day! I amso lucky to have made some awesome friends here. smile

Just so no one else starts thinking I am already 50...that happens Sunday. That hasn't stopped some family members of already starting in on the over the hill theme. Let's keep this happy,shall we?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
A thought for today: if not now, when? Are you waiting for a sign? Are you waiting for the perfect conditions? Are you thinking there will be a better time?

So if you have a goal and don't do anything about it, guess what it will still be just a goal a month from now, a year from now.

Think out your plan and get going. What is slowing you down? Are you going to get moving today? Take a chance on yourself and change your life.

Blessings, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
OUCH. Truth hurts. smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
To be honest, I did have you cross my mind as I wrote that but I was trying to motivate myself a bit too. A dream,a goal,a wish...that is all they will be until action is taken. Maybe it is just this not fun week at work but I believe it is more than that.

Be true to yourself. If you don't want to be lied to,why do you allow you to lie to yourself?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Goodbye 49. This has been one of the most difficult decades of my life. So I can't honestly say that I am sad to see this decade go. I have known that I am a strong person but found that I can be stronger when need be.

These forums have allowed me to cultivate some awesome relationships. Many of those stronger than what I have in day to day life because of the battles we have had to go through .

So hello new decade. Hello 50. Hello the changes that I am seeking to make. I hope you all will happily follow along and continue to give me the support and friendship that I have enjoyed these past 6 years.

Cheers toa new year. kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard