Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
S
Amazing, Julie! You're a class-act all the way.

Props to you!!!!!

If my kids were young like yours, and that was me, I'd probably be in jail. crazy

B
B
Btw I love that you are as into frozen as I am

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

J
OP Offline
J
Ha ha Bk. Frozen is still the top of our Playlist. Oh that is something OW said. S was singing "for the first time" so I asked her if she liked the movie. She said it was ok but she was sick of hearing about it everywhere.

Hmphhh... well she is just no fun!

Me 44 H 42
M 10 T 12 (at time of BD)
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

BD 9/13 H "unhappy for years" moves to seperate bedroom
10/13 EA/PA confirmed but denied
S and I move out 3/15
J
OP Offline
J
Random rant.

H fell asleep/passed out on sofa 3 hours ago. His phone has been chirping with a new text every 5 to 10 minutes for 3 hours and it is getting more frequent. You would think whoever it is would just start calling. It would be much less annoying. If this was one of the kids I would have grabbed it and texted back GO TO SLEEP and then popped out the battery hours ago.

Me 44 H 42
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

S and I move out 3/15
J
OP Offline
J
So I think someone missed the message that I wish life could be a musical aND is handing ne a Lifetime movie instead.

OW has texted me several times requesting another play date. That coupled with the 50 or so texts h received while he was sleeping the other night make me think she is even more cuckoo than I thought.

Yet I am still concerned about being rude and not responding to her texts. What is wrong with me?

Me 44 H 42
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

S and I move out 3/15
S
S
First, nothing is wrong with you. Wonka posted a link on another thread that resonated with me, and perhaps could help you, too. It's about setting healthy boundaries. I tend to worry more about others' feelings at the expense of my own, then I get mad about it. Complete insanity. The second one was about assertiveness. (Balancing between passive and aggressive)

http://serenityonlinetherapy.com/healthyboundaries.htm

http://serenityonlinetherapy.com/assertiveness.htm

Let me know if you found those helpful?

Secondly..... Did you ever watch the tv show "Scrubs" and the episode where the lady has an accident and believes she's living in a musical?? HILARIOUS!!! Look it up on you tube or somewhere if you haven't seen it....

The bad Lifetime movie is a fav description of my life, too.... smirk

G
G
JG,

I thought I had the Lifetime movie cornered, no? I'll share with you guys as long as Tori Spelling isn't in "A Moment of Truth-Can GB Stick the Landing?"

I'm so impressed with how you have handled yourself in such a difficult situation. Shining have you some nice info to read. Just because you've been cordial to OW doesn't mean you are now BFF. She just may not be aware enough to realize that.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
J
OP Offline
J
So I think I handled things well with OW. She kept texting and calling asking about a play date and offering herself as a babysitter.

This is the gist of what I said.

" I had wanted to meet her because I know she spends time with s. I however do not feel comfortable personally handing my child over to her. I know she is not responsible for any of the choices h has made. But those choices have caused a lot of pain and she is right in the middle of all that. I hope she respects my feelings. Thanks for calling.

Haven't heard from her since.

Me 44 H 42
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

S and I move out 3/15
J
OP Offline
J
H however kept pushing the issue. I tried the same speech on him. He said that was ridiculous because NOONE was hurt. He is the happiest he has ever been in his life and the kuds are happy for him. He is his real self for the first time. Now he knows that things could never have worked between us because the real him doesn't like or respect me.

Well buddy the real you is a total a$$hat.

Me 44 H 42
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

S and I move out 3/15
J
OP Offline
J
H however kept pushing the issue. I tried the same speech on him. He said that was ridiculous because NOONE was hurt. He is the happiest he has ever been in his life and the kuds are happy for him. He is his real self for the first time. Now he knows that things could never have worked between us because the real him doesn't like or respect me.

Well buddy the real you is a total a$$hat.

Me 44 H 42
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

S and I move out 3/15
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard