Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
OP Offline
S
Pics are on FB - I should have sent you an invitation - SunFun Cottages. I will take interior shots once I've got on and decorated inside. Can't wait!

Barb

M
M
Yes I got the invite and took a look at them. They are so cute and look like a wonderful vacation. What I should have said was pics of the inside. What you are doing with them sounds so cute!.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Mish: I'm going to take new interior shots once I've got them decorated. Previous owners did all the hard work - new roofs, floors etc. but they are very plain. I have such cute things to add & I'm changing the furniture around & adding sofa beds. The small one has no curtains anywhere. I'm trying to make it "Romantic Frog" if you can imagine. I found a wonderful framed pic yesterday of Monet's "Water Lilies" it's perfect! The other 2 will be more classic cottages with bear and loon decor. I seem to have a lot of that & it's prevalent around here. Today's sofabed is plain sage green. I got a really cute sage & brown bear pillow and yesterday a brown bear print. Need to find a frame for that one.

So excited! Wait - I said that before.

Barb

M
M
LOL! You are allowed to be excited! Heck, I'm excited for you. grin

That sounds adorable. The chalet my family rents in Pigeon Forge over Thanksgiving has a bear motif. It's cute but in a 4000 sq ft chalet it gets a little over done. In a smaller place it wouldn't be so overwhelming. I can't wait to see it all.

Have fun with all the decorating!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Mish! This will be no mansion for sure. The Lily Pad is only 440 sq feet! The other 2 are 638 yet the Lily Pad bathroom is quite large. I believe it used to be a bedroom & used oly as a sleeping cabin. Yesterday Ashley noticed the attic opening. It is large enough to add a loft. "Now this one can be a 2 bedroom too" she told me. It could be a fun place for kids but it could only be accessed by ladder. No room for stairs

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Today I'm shopping in my garage. It's amazing the treasure trove I have in there. Who needs a mall?

Barb

M
M
Repurposing!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

S
OP Offline
S
Yes - repurposing for sure!

And we moved in yesterday! I figured I would move some smaller stuff, maybe take Ryan over for a bit to enjoy the outdoors (no ramp built yet). So his worker said she would drive over her own truck and bring a load. Next thing I knew - her boyfriend showed up with his 2 teen daughters and his truck. He moved almost all the big things I had and the kids grabbed all the small stuff. It was the coolest thing and happened so fast. I was waiting for my handymen today along with Josh tomorrow to get the furniture moved but I was not going to say no!

So now we need to take away some old furniture, clean and add the cute things. I bought some wonderful prints from an art show, and framed them along with some loon pics from a calendar a friend gave me. The Bears' Den, Loons' Nest & Lily Pad are starting to take shape.

Met an artist at the same show who is painting signs for each of the cottages. We have come up with cute Bear, Loon & Frog designs. She also gave me a great price!

Found some absolutely gorgeous white cabinets online from a kitchen remodel. My brother in law has agreed to go get them with a truck and trailer. They have a light green countertop - just what the Lily Pad needs.

Have received full payment from my renters who arrive in 2 days. They are taking 2 cottages but the Lily Pad is not rented yet. Which is good, really, because I can concentrate on the 2 and I'm letting Ashley spend a night or 2 with a friend in the LP as it is. She can keep an eye on things for me and enjoy the place. I have had 2 solid rentals set up for the next month and lots of serious inquiries. For a girl who saw the places less than a month ago - it's going pretty well.

I'm looking fwd to the day after the first renters move out so that I can just go hang out there. Alone or spend a night there with Josh.

And there's a blue heron that seems to live out front. I watch him hunt all day. And yesterday there were the tiniest fuzzy ducklings and I watched the teens catch frogs. I think everyone is going to love it!

Barb

K
K
It may not happen this summer, but I am getting myself up there!

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
OP Offline
S
and we will party! Let me know! I will look so fwd to that day!

Barb

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard