Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
G
Yes. Direct him to the lawyer.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
C
C
How do you know the car is not salvageable? He's worried about the financial implications, maybe? If you had it looked at by a mechanic, could you tell him that? If it's a mechanic he trusts, bonus points.

Maybe don't get defensive, but just tell him a bit more specifics about how you have capably handled it? (Unless it is not marital property, then it is none of his business... but I'm guessing it is?)

Just keep your cool!! Especially when he loses his!!!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

T
T384 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Ya I've been cool and calm. I told him I already had it looked at and he now wants to go by himself and have it looked at. This is not a marital asset it's in my name

M 31 H 34
S 6 S 9
BD 2/14 Piecing 8/14
T
T384 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
He just sent me a text because I responded to the 3 texts by saying it has leaks everywhere.

H: what's wrong with the car
Me: it is leaking everywhere under the car
H : leaking what?
H (less than 5 minutes later): Instead playing games be a big girl tell me what's wrong with it I've asked plenty of times if you have had it checked out like your saying you should know what's wrong with it so be a big girl Taylor it's not that hard

Do I even respond to this??? I'm wanting to tell him to leave me alone. He didn't care about the car last week when he was on vacation in the keys. Now he cares?? Because he's in town and worried for his own reasons?? Maybe he should grow up and stop posting pictures and doing what he's doing and be a big boy

Someone please tell me how to respond so I don't make a mistake. I'm fed up with his disrespect.

Last edited by T0324; 07/21/14 10:13 PM.

M 31 H 34
S 6 S 9
BD 2/14 Piecing 8/14
L
L
Hi TO,

If you had a mechanic look at it, did he give you a written estimate with all the damage and repairs required as well as a recommendation? If you did scan it and send it to him via email with your lawyer cced. Then direct him to contact your lawyer regarding any further questions or requests.

I found his text to you about being a big girl and not playing games to be condescending. I would say he is baiting you to get into a confrontation. maybe he is looking for something to show his mother that you are as terrible as he described. So staying to the facts and not engaging is your best course of action.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
J
J
I have to admit that I am wondering why you just can't tell him what is leaking. Men hate it when a woman won't just answer a direct question with an answer. I am also baffled why you can't give him a direct answer.

Maybe he is right and it can be salvaged. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face here.

Justin Credible
C
C
I agree... and with regards to it being a marital asset or not... the rules are different here, but where I am, i think it would be considered marital property if you used joint money to keep it up, if he drove it, if it was considered "both" of yours to use freely. (A collectible car that someone brought into the marriage and was never used by the other person might reasonably considered an individual asset, for ex).

BUT I am not a lawyer!

I would agree with those who are saying to just answer him. Have you answered us whether the mechanic says it is not salvageable?

We know your H is acting like a jerk. That suxx.... and maybe there is no hope for your M. Who knows. But IMO, I've found that detaching emotionally means treating my H like a business partner, even when I think he is a jerk and deserves to feel bad. Rising above my anger has brought me peace, and that has been more important and satisfying than making him feel bad.

Getting through this with class and dignity is the best revenge, right?

Considering you are so concerned about legal expenses, not sure why this needs to be addressed through L. I feel like I'm missing something? (and I've followed your sitch closely).

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

G
G
I say ignore. Whatever response you give him more than likely will be used against you. Just my 2cents.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
T
T384 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I did tell him it was leaking everywhere and I don't know where or what it's leaking. I answered to the best of my knowledge. The reason I don't feel he deserves more information is because when I asked for help last week when we were stranded with one car while I had to work and the boys were stuck at home having to have my friends pick them up for basketball he didn't care to help. He told me it was my fault for not taking care of it and that it was my problem not his.

Claire the car was purchased with no marital money and he hasn't invested anything into it but him vesting an interest now may be why so he has say so to it. Who knows

I have no problem giving him business like info but I already told him what I know. He's just mad I'm taking more than 5 minutes to respond. I'm taking care of a very very ill child I do not have my phone out 247 and my lawyer said any judge will support that.

My battle is him thinking I am at his beckon call. He didn't care last week when he was on vacation so now he can go through his lawyer. He wants it towed to his work but yet didn't give me 1$ In over 6 weeks. Sorry just venting. I am done responding. He just goes round and round my answers aren't good enough he keeps telling me I'm lying and I probably have a fake mechanic making up stuff. I just said I don't know what you're talking about it has multiple oil and trans leaks and is more to fix than it's worth. Not sure what else to say beyond that. I haven't even gotten a bill. And it's his friends shop! But they aren't talking to him bc of everything they don't agree with what he's doing and said they haven't heard from him in months

M 31 H 34
S 6 S 9
BD 2/14 Piecing 8/14
J
J
Then tell him that you are doing as he suggested last week and are taking care of it yourself and don't want OR need his help OR advice and to leave you alone.

(That's what "big girls" do.) wink

Justin Credible
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard