Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
K
K
Weren't you playing my Royals? Man they are playing well this year. Now if we could just get an owner who believed in developing our talent rather than selling them to the highest bidder...

I hope your neuropathy isn't anything too serious. I know that I had a pinched nerve when I was pregnant with S18 and that hurt. I can't imagine a loss of feeling. Good that you are getting that checked out.

Life continues to be crazy here but I suppose that is better than the same old, same old any day.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi Kat, yes those pesky Royals got a beat down by the Twins on Saturday night with Phil Hughes catching them sleeping. I am glad Divorce Care is tonight, I am needing some prayer and support (and yes, I am keeping you in my prayers.)

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
K
Well you are in mine too. I do realize how hard this is. Really though is anything worth fighting for easy to gain? Keep your focus. Talk with people going through the same thing.

I made some interesting revelations today in talking with my former mother-in-law. She apologized for not knowing fully what I had tried to share while ex was cheating. I suppose I never came right out and said it and she perhaps chose to not believe her son was capable. Either way, some hurt feelings were put aside. Family can be your allies but you do need to say what you need too.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I am an attorney, and just completed my Client's divorce. She was married over 20 years, and just received her maintenance lump sum pay-off, so she's happy. A nice thing greeted me this morning, a 'thank you' note and a Bundt cake from a local bakery specializing in Bundt cakes. Maybe I should have charged her more? I'm just kidding...

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
OK, this isn't my fault. I accidentally 'snooped' my W's email account. I was trying to send an email to my d18's school, and when I clicked on the person's email address, my W's emails came up.

Nothing horrible, I just saw that my W is on one dating site now - 'OkCupid', which is apparently a free dating site. But really W, you want to go on a dating site with other guys who can't afford to be on a real dating site?

OK, this part is my fault. I looked at W's dating profile on OKCupid. She states on there that her ex-husband (who is that? we are still married) thinks she is "perfect". How do I object to this? I don't think she is perfect, certainly not anymore. And yes, it tells me on there that she was on the site an hour ago.

I am venting. I thought my W was slowing down with the dating sites, and maybe she is. But it's still disappointing. But to use your current husband (me) as a reference for yourself on a dating website? How lacking of class. I may have to confront her about this one.

M
M
Hi Wet,
All I can say is WTF!!! I really think she has gone over the rainbow!! Sorry you had to see that.

A
A
(((((Wet)))))

So sorry you found that! Personally, I think this needs to be something you let go. She's going to see it as you snooping and use it against you later.

As for "XH thinks I'm perfect" May make other men wonder why your an "x"
(At least that's what jumped in my head when I saw it!)

Atsbaby
M:36 H:35
T: 19 M:12
S:11
D:9
BD: 5/4/14
Proof of OW 8/13/14-love note from her
8/19 admits OW
8/22/14 files D w/o telling me
9/20/14 Says he wants to reconcile
G
G
Wet,

Been there.

Done that.

GUBU has a dating profile that says so many things that aren't true (age, personality, REALITY), it took me over a week to digest what he had on there.
A bunch of wishful thinking about who he WANTS to be, but isn't.

If it's any consolation, I know of people who have set up phony profiles to "chat" live with these MLC/WAW types to catch them at their own game.

And the cheating spouses say things like:
They are widows/widowers. Feel sorry for them!
They are wonderful people, trapped in a dead and loveless marriage for years, just waiting for the ink to dry on the divorce papers.
They're just staying in it "for the children".
Their spouses have cancer and they're lonely.. they're wonderful caregivers.
Feel sorry for them!
They are divorced, younger, make more money, are just overflowing packages of wonderfulness waiting for the "right person" to make their lives complete.
They are the "total package". They have SO MUCH TO OFFER.. but in reality, it's all about what they are trying to GET.

Take it from me.

IGNORE IT.

It's fantasy. It's meaningless.

Anyone they meet will see them for who they are.
(Or they won't, and they'll pay the price. And that's not your problem.)

It's easy to project an image of what you WANT to be online.
An Avatar is just a mask...

....but there is no escaping REALITY.

When a real face-to-face happens, the truth will be revealed.

Watch the TV show "Catfish" and see how many people misrepresent themselves.

They'll pay the price eventually. Let life teach them that lesson.

Laugh at their antics, then refocus on your own life.

(And if I could take my own advice and get paid for it, I'd be rich. smile )

---GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

G
G
PS: If she was meeting great people and really HAD a life where she met compatible people, she wouldn't NEED to be on a dating site.

Someone pointed that out to me about GUBU.

"Guess his social life isn't going so well, huh?"

RIGHT!!!

He doesn't live in the Outback. He is around people all the time.

For a point of reference, I wouldn't feel the need to post a profile on a dating site.

I live in AMISH COUNTRY, for Pete's sake! And if I were so inclined, I could be dating--a LOT.

So---pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
She's just grasping at straws....

---GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
GGG, yes, you have helped. The funny thing is W's 30 year reunion is on Saturday, and she made a point to go out over the last few months and have lunches/drinks with a number of the men in her class to help get the word out about the reunion. Your point rings true, where are they now? Thank you for making me smile.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard