Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
W
FY,

Originally Posted By: ForeverYoung
Wonka, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe “science” has ever acknowledged MLC as a real condition. Yet here we all are with similar stories and scripts. Something is going on!

What I meant by the comment earlier is wishing to know why we get Swiss Cheese memory. It is as if there's holes in our brain. Why??!!! That is the crux of my frustration.

Originally Posted By: FY
Oh, and since I did learn how to ride a unicycle, (had the sorry sore behind to prove it!) skateboards don’t scare me one bit. I'm ready to roll when you are!

This does bring back good childhood memories. I remember receiving a unicycle as a gift and wasn't interested. Instead a neighbor boy at my age was gung-ho about it so he faithfully practiced with me and another boy as anchors. Then one day, he was off riding by all himself without any support.

Oh and the skateboards? I am ready! I was the skateboard champ in my neighborhood. There was one long concrete bike path behind our neighborhood that was surrounded by trees. so all of the kids would gather on Saturday afternoons and give our skateboards a go on the bike path which was filled with both small and very large hills.

One day...we all were going extremely fast and I was going downhill on one particularly steep hill. Ran right directly into the fence. Only my pride was hurt. Grrrr.

Yeah...I'm game to for skateboarding with you, FY. Not too long ago, I went to the storage area and saw my skateboard with my name burned into it. Brought a smile to my face. smile

Wonka #2514567 12/06/14 07:49 PM
D
D
If yall do this skateboard thing can you find a way to post a video???

Part of my goals including giggling more wink

Me 41 H 40
M 20 T 23
S 19,16, 8 D 13
BD1 dec 2012 not sure going to work
BD2 sep 2013 seeking a D
Filed oct 2013, D Feb 2015
Life is about daring greatly, about being in the arena- Brene Brown
daring #2515006 12/08/14 06:38 AM
F
OP Offline
F
There's a skate park near my house. If Wonka shows up with her board, I'll be happy to post the results!

I can assure you that if I'm on video, there will be plenty of giggling!

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
F
OP Offline
F
My wife and I had a nice Christmas, enjoying time with both of our families. Like every year, we do X-mas eve at my parent’s home with my 1 brother, 2 sisters, their partners and kids. Another brother is out of state and could not join us, so we all sang a Christmas carol to him over the phone! Lots of joking around, games and good food.

Christmas day we see my wife’s Dad, her one brother and his fiancé. More food, good times and gifts.

I continue to enjoy my bicycle hobby- Recently sold two 45+ year old classics I restored to help fund a new commuter bike I’m getting for riding to work. I have more in process of being refurbished. I like it when my hobby can pay for itself.

I went ice skating with my kickball group recently. First time on the ice in more than 15 years. I only wiped out once!

Michelle said something about “finding our own goodies” in the MLC chapter. Most important is this in order for us to thrive. GAL I believe it is called. No matter how well we do it though, we still will desire closeness with a partner. I’m still hoping for the physical intimacy to return.

My wife continues to exercise regularly, which is a good sign. She also was quite generous with the X-mas gifts for me. I’ll continue to be patient and see where this goes… for now.

Originally Posted By: Wonka
FY: You've taught all of us what true grace means in your unconditional love for your W. You've got a fan here who has this massive crush on you. blush

Aww, you’re so sweet, Wonka. Let’s go for a ride on a bicycle built for two! grin

She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
U
U
So happy you had a good Christmas, my friend.

Really cool about the bikes and the ice skating. Good on you.

I continue to keep you and your wife in my prayers.

Have a wonderful New Year. I am hoping it brings you not only what you want, but, what you need.

<3

job Offline
I am so happy to come here and read that Christmas was a nice one and you enjoyed spending time w/both families.

FY, you've found your groove! Look at all of the things you are doing now and the fun you are having discovering/rediscovering those things that you may have put aside a while ago.

Keep up the good work!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2522237 12/31/14 10:10 PM
T
T
Good for you, having a great holiday and finding a market for your hobby!!

I'm glad she seems to be taking some action, the exercise is a good sign... and so may be buying you some nice gifts.

As long as YOU are okay, keep going... smile

Last edited by TSquared2; 12/31/14 10:13 PM.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

D
D
FY I'm so glad that Christmas was good for you and W! I think the gifts are a good sign- she's thinking about and focusing on you,'not just herself, which seems to be progress. I hope the new year brings joy and more progress in your sitch!

Me 41 H 40
M 20 T 23
S 19,16, 8 D 13
BD1 dec 2012 not sure going to work
BD2 sep 2013 seeking a D
Filed oct 2013, D Feb 2015
Life is about daring greatly, about being in the arena- Brene Brown
daring #2522539 01/02/15 05:21 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you, UR. I truly feel I have everything I need, but I think you know what I want. wink

Job, I lean more towards the introvert end of the scale, so I go out with others some, but many of the things I enjoy are solo. My wife is even more introverted than me. It is who we are and that's ok. Thank you for giving me inspiration, and I hope you have a great new year!

T, thanks for dropping by. Yes, I'm ok and will keep going. Thankfully, I still feel young enough to not be in a hurry here. She still wants me at some level, no doubt about that.

Daring, my wife has always been a gifter, and never really stopped with that. It seems we're both in this for the long haul so we might as well make the best of it and enjoy each day. I hope your game night went well!

Yesterday while installing some new equipment at work, I crunched my thumb pretty good. Went to the clinic and received stitches. It's my right hand so maybe I'll have to ask my wife to help out with certain duties. whistle

She's still worth it.

B
B
So, any update about how these certain "duties" are going? wink

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard