Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
W
W
Heather,

Also would want to check into the State of Ohio jobs on their personnel site. There's a ton of jobs that are posted on a weekly basis.

Enjoy your drive! Save some of that great blueberry gobbler pie for me!

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Wonka!! Will Do.

I never did apply to Autism Speaks or similar organizations.

I will take my notepad and have D11 write down any ideas, like yours, while I drive.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Went to Amish Country and had FUN!! Yes! F. U. N.

F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for U and Meeeee
N is for N-yee time at all, down here in the deep blue sea.

We went down this gravelly road and found a beautiful, secluded creek. D11 and the choc lab had fun romping. D11 had a blast!

Somehow, she managed to still have Wendy's...even in Amish Country? But, we did bring home a strawberry pie and some cherry cobbler and some peaches and cherries. :-)

Sorta disappointed that my email wasn't full of job offers when I got home...but oh well...C'est la vie.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Now, have to journal this...

D11 liked the area. Really liked the area. We'd only be about an hour from her friends here and there's virtually no memories to speak of...It would be a clean slate.

As we drove down, I drove through the town where Smokey worked for 20 years. Full of memories. Past the summer festival that starts tonight with the parade. Past the mall where he used to meet OW at lunch...past the campground where he stayed once when I kicked him out for smoking pot daily and being an A$$...It was a drive through memory-ville.

Then, we reached this certain point and I felt free.

And, I realized that D11 hasn't had the good memories or experiences that D20 had. She was 9 when this all started. Her dad was deep in a depression for most of her early childhood and her Asperger's made doing stuff away from the house difficult. Now, it's a different story. I would love to live somewhere with lots to do and see...especially stuff that would be new memories for us all.

We would be about an hour from Columbus and there's plenty of fun stuff to do there. Not a lot of water though. I like having water in the form of a creek, lake...something. There's a lake. But, there's plenty of beautiful countryside and old houses. It's so pretty.

Anyway, I need to sit on this. Today was a good day. As we drove around, I realized I would have NO Qualms, NADA, ZIP, Nothing preventing me from taking whatever job paid the bills...Take something for a base...get settled...build the tech/children's/feature writing...

I wouldn't mind take another day trip like this...maybe with D20 and D11. Explore a few areas, then plan a move. Moving out of state would be stirring up a whole kettle of stuff I'd rather not right now...but, moving in state might be the ticket for us, right now. A chance to wash off the old dreams and build some new ones with being constantly reminded of past deeds. I could do this.

M
M
Hi Heather,
Sounds like you had a great day. Keep looking and finding what it is YOU want to do with your life for you and your D's!

A
A
heather, you really are making great progress in setting your "new life" up. keep up the good work and good luck.

I read your comment about whether the MLC'er ever marries and the realise what a mistake he has made. In my sitch I would love to know the answer.

Also I get the memory thing, not good.

Have a great day and keep up the good work, I see success in your future what ever you decide.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Why won't anyone get back to ME!!?! WHY!??? Why! WHY??!! why...

I sent an email to the editor of the newspaper reminding him of my interest. I felt a phone call was too soon...but, if I don't hear back by Weds?, I will call. Maybe Monday?

It would be hard being a reporter again...but, I would have flexible hours and the pay wouldn't be huge...but, that's ok right now because of the dissolution being in the AIR. If would give me a base and benefits.

I looked up some Ohio State jobs...found one for a meat inspector...mmmmm.

Also, looked up libraries which sounds ideal right now. But, the pay is horrible and most are only offering part-time. I did the math and it wouldn't be so great unless I really worked hard on other stuff. I guess? IDK.

Felt some waves of fear and discouragement this morning, but talked myself down and took some action...cleaned the kitchen and emailed the editor.

His name is White...like Superman!! I could be Lois Lane!!!!! Wouldn't that be sooo cool? :-)...And, then, I'd meet Clark and we'd fall in love and he'd fly me over Millersburg?? and we'd get married and live happily ever after and Smokey would be sooo jealous. Yep, that's how it's gonna go down. Pretty sure.

M
M
not to hi jack Heather... but Ab fab...

YES!! they do!!! My friend's husband went through this. MLC.. he connected with his secretary & they are still together. But I hear he is still not happy. However, he totally regrets what he lost. He lost a good woman who created a beautiful family & stood by him as long as she could. She is now very happy with someone else. Living the life of a queen. His regret came approx 3 years later.

M:46 H:49 T:20yrs
myD:22
H distant summer/12
H sleeping in b'ment: Nov/12
BD: Dec 2/12
asked me begin to move end of Jan/13
moved Jan 7/13 (left my stuff)
"agreed" to "working on r" Mar 3/13(lipservice!)
A
A
Makingmagic - thank you for that. It certainly fits with what I feel could happen. Lets hope I'm living the life of a Queen too!

Heather - I know you want it all now. I will happen. Have a little faith!

K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
Why won't anyone get back to ME!!?! WHY!??? Why! WHY??!! why...

Heather - there's a couple of reasons why someone might not get back to you:

A) It's summer and people go on vacations

B) When we advertised for a new medical assistant for our office a few years ago, we got well over a hundred resumes. Much as we would have like to answer everyone, we simply did not have the time or the manpower to write that many replies.

So go ahead and call after a week or two to reiterate your interest, but meanwhile, keep looking. And don't discount that library job too soon - try to find out what advancement opportunities are like. When my mom retired, she began volunteering at the library. Eventually they encouraged her to apply for a job as an aide. It paid just a little above minimum wage at the time. She kept getting promoted and now is a library assistant. She works 20 hours a week but gets paid about $22 an hour - not bad for work she loves. A steady part-time gig that left you free to develop your writing business but paid the grocery bill in the meantime would be an option.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard