L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Quote:
Title: Dennis Moore
Transcribed By: unknown

England, 1747

(Sounds of a coach and horses, galloping)

Cleese: Stand and deliver!
Chapman: Not on your life (SHOT) ... aagh!

(Girl screams)

Cl: Let that be a warning to you all. You move at your peril, for I have two
pistols here. I know one of them isn't loaded any more, but the other one
is, so that's one of you dead for sure...or just about for sure anyway. It
certainly wouldn't be worth your while risking it because I'm a very good
shot. I practise every day...well, not absolutely every day, but most days
in the week. I expect I must practise, oh, at least four or five times a
week...or more, really, but some weekends, like last weekend, there really
wasn't the time, so that brings the average down a bit. I should say it's
a solid four days' practice a week...At least...I mean...I reckon I could
hit that tree over there. Er...the one just behind that hillock. The
little hillock, not the big one on the...you see the three trees over
there? Well, the one furthest away on the right... (fade)

(Fade up again)

Cl: What's the... the one like that with the leaves that are sort of
regularly veined and the veins go right out with a sort of um...
Girl: Serrated?
Cl: Serrated edges.
Id: A willow!
Cl: Yes.
Id: That's nothing like a willow.
Cl: Well it doesn't matter, anyway. I can hit it seven times out of ten,
that's the point.
Id: Never a willow.
Cl: Shut up! It's a hold-up, not a Botany lesson. Now, no false moves
please. I want you to hand over all the lupins you've got.
Jones: Lupins?
Cl: Yes, lupins. Come on, come on.
Id: What do you mean, lupins?
Cl: Don't try to play for time.
Id: I'm not, but... the *flower* lupin?
Cl: Yes, that's right.
Jo: Well we haven't got any lupins.
Girl: Honestly.
Cl: Look, my friends. I happen to know that this is the Lupin Express.
Jo: Damn!
Girl: Oh, here you are.
Cl: In a bunch, in a bunch!
Jo: Sorry.
Cl: Come on, Concorde! (Gallops off)
Chorus (sings):
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, galloping through the sward,
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, and his horse Concorde.
He steals from the rich, he gives to the poor,
Mr Moore, Mr Moore, Mr Moore.
Chorus (sings):
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, galloping through the sward,
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, and his horse Concorde.
He steals from the poor, he gives to the rich,
Stupid B!tch, Stupid B!tch, Stupid B!tch.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Goals:

1. Put God's Will First. Trust God. Focus on each day as it comes and Take Joy! from each day.
2. Take care of my health (mental and physical).
3. Give my kids the things and time they deserve.
4. Face Each Day's Tasks HONESTLY and Pro-actively. Keep up my ToDo list of things to tackle today and in the near future.
5. Enjoy the contentment with my life that comes from working on the first four goals: travel, fun, friends, family...TAKE JOY!

Specific Sub-Goals:
Have a reliable car I'm proud to drive by Christmas of 2014.
Earn at least $60,000 per year by December, 2015...or sooner.

Old Thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2469550&page=1

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

M
M
Hi Heather,
Don't ever forget the bestest tree..... THE LARK! smile

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I just watched Dennis Moore again on YouTube. I forgot how funny it is! "This redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought."

"Your lupins or your life."

Michael Palin: "We're sick to bloody death of LUPINS! Lupins for breakfast, for dinner, we wear lupins, we feed the cat lupins...Look! The cat just choked on a lupin."

M
M
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, riding through the night!....

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Man, just got a rejection from an editor. I know it's to be expected because I've sent out like 12-15 resumes in the past 48 hours...but, damm. With the grocery store rejection. Ugh.

I'm stepping away from the computer for a bit. D11 just had a fit because I don't want her to invite a friend over. I'm supposed to take she and another friend to the mall tomorrow...and, I've asked her to do two pages of math...the first math request in a month. I got a door slam.

Time for a break. Maybe a cup of tea? And, my Agatha Christie novel. I'm not going to feel guilty either.

I will send two more later and that will make ten for today.

M
M
Hey Heather, don't sweat it! With the number that you sent out it's to be expected. My mom was a writer when I was kid, freelance. One thing I learned from her experience was you can expect MUCH rejection! All it takes is one positive response to make up for 20 negative ones! You're doing great! keep it going!

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Matt :-)

Last night I became a bit obsessive and, at some point, cuckoo. I sent out a bunch more resumes for some practical...get money now...and, then, searched online for journalism, jobs in trade mags, publishing, etc...By this time, I was getting a bit tired and fantasized about starting over somewhere. Which lead me to beginning the application process at University of Alabama, Auburn and Ole Miss...At the end of the night, I was looking up jobs in Cody, Wyoming...decided this was a NO. But, the reporting job in Maui looked pretty nice. :-) It was sorta a strange night of opening myself up to ALL the possibilities and, then, ending in an exhausted, rather discouraged, wallowy sorta lump.

D11 did end up having a friend over and I was glad to have the chance to throw myself into it without feeling mommy guilt. When I get into this kinda stuff, I'm ALLLL in and it's hard because I feel guilty for leaving D11 to her own devices so much.

We've had some good times since D20 has been gone though. We've gone on two hikes and had some nice conversations together. We both agree that D20 needs to get some help in order for her to be ok living here. We are both tired of the drama. I think we've had enough drama...Ya think??

D11 is very sensitive to my feelings and I told her yesterday at the end of our hike..."Until I have money coming in steadily again...and I will...you may be feeling me get a little stressed. It's not you, it's just me thinking about what's next. I'm figuring it out, but please remember that it's not you." She said "Ok." I hope it helped.

She surprised me yesterday. We recently finished a biography on Abigail Adams and I've been on her to read some without me. D11 hates reading and will put it off. Often, I give in and read to her because I hate to see her miss out on these books. She will listen and enjoy when she is read to...very auditory with her learning. Anyway, she took upon herself to look up Amazon's Audible book app. She mentioned it to me and said it may be a solution to our reading problem! I didn't have to do a dam thing! She even looked it up and handed me my phone. (I'm sure there's some hidden motive like a book on One Direction. LoL. But, I don't care). She's really awesome. :-)

On a brighter note: It's getting easier to tap into my source of joy and my inner calm. Call it my Inner Child or Guiding Spirit or what you will, but I'm learning that this inner core of me is really just a big ball of JOY!!! She is loving and fun and willing to look at all the possibilities life has to offer and is usually smiling and giggling unless....DUM DUM DA!!!!!...the Critic is talking.

The Critic is the me that has soaked up every single criticism like a sponge and she is constantly berating me to BE MORE, DOOOO MORE...Her favorite line is..."We are doomed!!" And, now that I don't have students and my days are free to job hunt and be with D11...the Critic LOVES LOVES LOVES to accuse me of being a lazy slob.

I get to this quiet, calm place and it's like trying to deflect machine gun fire with my hand as I work to push the negative messages out of the place of joy. It's constant. It's not wonder that I have shut myself off from so many people in my family. It only makes those voices louder and harder to fight. I think, as I get better at making my own voice heard, it will be easier to allow them into my life more.

I dread D20 coming home. She has such a loud critical voice. I didn't hear a thing from her yesterday and that was nice. Haven't heard from my mother either. Again, nice. They can talk to each other.

Noticed something yesterday...just something to be aware of...I became very nervous leaving the house. I think I feel this a lot, but I've learned to accept it. I was full of fear.

In the past, over the years, I've made a lot of really hurtful discoveries about Smokey when I've left the house...The other day, I happen to see our old Jeep CJ in someone's driveway. This is the vehicle he liked to joyride with OW in. It's the vehicle that D11 and I discovered he and OW together in on July 4, two years ago. It brought back memories of other "surprises."

Smokey Surprises happened when I least expected it and I'd be going on with my lifem running errands, and happen to see Smokey's vehicle somewhere it shouldn't be...a druggie's house, in a cloud of smoke...someplace other than where he said he was...I feel it in my heart and chest as I write this. I think that's why a part of me wants to move away. I feel held down by some of these memories. I'd like a chance to allow that JOYFUL part of me feel free to move about with a constant reminder of painful things past. I'm sorta rooting for the reporter job in Amish Country. It would be pretty, an hour south of here...no memories...a fresh start?

I looked up the Methodist Church in the town where I'd be working. It has a very active youth group and I saw some pre-teen/teen girls. The group was doing some really fun stuff. Then,(remember, I was a bit cuckoo after intense job hunting), I looked up house and found some pretty properties for sale from foreclosure.

Anyway...we shall see.

Trying to keep up my Courage to Change. Courage to DO things differently.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
"Wide Awake"
Katy Perry

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was in the dark
I was falling hard
With an open heart
I'm wide awake
How did I read the stars so wrong?
I'm wide awake
And now it's clear to me
That everything you see
Ain't always what it seems
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was dreaming for so long

[Pre-Chorus]
I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
'Til I woke up on
On the concrete

[Chorus]
Falling from cloud nine
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight
Yeah, I'm falling from cloud nine

I'm wide awake
Not losing any sleep
I picked up every piece
And landed on my feet
I'm wide awake
Need nothing to complete myself, no

I'm wide awake
Yeah, I am born again
Out of the lion's den
I don't have to pretend
And it's too late
The story's over now, the end

[Pre-Chorus]
I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down

Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
'Til I woke up on
On the concrete

[Chorus]
Falling from cloud nine (it was out of the blue)
I'm crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight (yeah, I'm letting you go)
I'm falling from cloud nine

I'm wide awake
Thunder rumbling
Castles crumbling
I'm wide awake
I am trying to hold on
I'm wide awake
God knows that I tried
Seeing the bright side
I'm wide awake
I'm not blind anymore...

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake

[Chorus]
Yeah, I'm falling from cloud nine (it was out of the blue)
I'm crashing from the high
You know I'm letting go tonight (yeah, I'm letting you go)
I'm falling from cloud nine

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake

I don't seem to be accomplishing much this morning. I may need to get the he!! outta here? D11 and I have been having some fun driving and listening to music. Clear the brain some. I think I have too much stuff running through my head??

Maybe do something outta character for me. Have some fun?? Even in the midst of uncertainty and apocalyptic disaster??

I've sent out 25 resumes? Is that enough for today?

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
D11 and I are going to drive back roads to Amish country. We can eat a piece of pie and enjoy the pretty day.

Car is ok if I stay away from highways:-)

I will pick up some newspapers and get a feel of some temporary jobs in the area. I feel God pulling me to a sorta of brainless job that would allow us to regroup???

IDK. I will get out into the country and listen to God HARD.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard