9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
"It's A Rooster Thang"! Here's something weird, what do YOU make of it?

Over the last few weeks, H has developed a real animosity towards our "younger" rooster, Poe.

His father, Bart, is the flock king and Poe is his son.

When Poe got integrated into the flock several weeks ago, with all the hens, everything was peaceful.

Then there were some very minor dust-ups as Poe and Bart tried to establish dominance. It's normal any time new birds are introduced. Just a pecking order adjustment. H knows this. No blood, no injuries. Maybe just a little wounded pride on old Bart's part.

In the end, Poe ended up coming out on top, as Bart has a more retiring personality, and he is older.

My H made disparaging comments about him several times after this change in status was made clear, even though they were no longer fighting.

Yet, over time, Bart has wisely taken the high road, quietly collecting the "Best" ladies for himself, but without fighting or making a big show.
He has all the cool chicks, calmly protecting them, while Poe is chasing the girls, making a fool of himself, and mating like crazy. But I have seen zero fighting in weeks.

I have mentioned this to H, saying everyone seems fine in chicken-land nowadays, no worries, they're all happy! And they are!
(I'm here all day so I see it for myself. H is here for 20 minutes...)
--------------------------

I get this text tonight, H sounds almost irate:
"When you go tomorrow (to the poultry swap meet) PLEASE take Poe with you!!!!!!!"
(So he can end up in somebody's stew pot?)

(No response from me, I don't see a problem. VERY unlike H to talk about getting rid of any animal.)

Another text from him: "Poe is a ASS!!! I want him GONE!!!"

(Again, I ignore. Wondering WTF? Also, not sure how to respond. Maybe he's DRUNK? This is a chicken, acting like a chicken. What's with all the "He's an ASS" stuff? Bizarre. Just a few weeks ago H was saying how happy he was that we were able to keep Poe. He's a stunning bird, huge, the girls love him!)

Last text from H: "If you don't take him tomorrow, then I want your permission to send him for the BIG SLEEP next weekend!!!!!"

(Again, I ignore this. H is not the type to kill ANYTHING. He's a practically a freakin' VEGAN. He saves little trees, for Pete's sake. They're planted all over the place. He loves his little orphan saplings. I'm serious. Yet he wants to kill this rooster who is one of the nicest we've ever had? Weird!)

Fortunately, H seemed to run out of venom after this last bit.

BI-ZARRO!!!!

---------------------------------------------

IF he revisits this tomorrow, which he may not, my plan is:

I'll just get "his side", ask him what he's seen to make him think that Poe DESERVES TO DIE!!!! and validate, validate.

Then I will say:
"Wow. I didn't realize you felt so strongly about that. Are you sure you really want to KILL HIM?"
But in a really really non-confrontational, validating way. smile

And then I will simply disagree.

THERE IS NOT A PROBLEM BETWEEN THE ROOSTERS!

I think this is a classic case of projection.
So says Dr. GumbyGoatGal!!!

I think H feels displaced from his home, (maybe even his wife!), and worries that younger, more virile, and finely feathered specimens might be lining up to take his place.
And maybe he SHOULD! smile

Can you say: "Cockfight"??????

---GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

J
J
GIG

Just read through this thread. I have to say that although I am sorry you are here I am REALLY enjoying reading your posts!

"Poe is an ass" ???? How would one ever reply to such crazy talk...

Me 44 H 42
M 10 T 12 (at time of BD)
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

BD 9/13 H "unhappy for years" moves to seperate bedroom
10/13 EA/PA confirmed but denied
S and I move out 3/15
J
J
Ughhh meant GGG spell check got the better of me again

Me 44 H 42
M 10 T 12 (at time of BD)
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

BD 9/13 H "unhappy for years" moves to seperate bedroom
10/13 EA/PA confirmed but denied
S and I move out 3/15
B
B
I was laughing so hard when I was reading this. This rooster really got under your H’s skin, haha. I think you are right about the projection. I think it goes along with him felling old and not being able to chase the “chicks” like he could when he was young.

I really love your sense of humor.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
G
G
Lets see, h doesn't want to be living with you to stressful right?

Can't do farm chores, to busy? Right

So he wants to tell you h ow many chickens your allowed and which ones to chop? Mmmm control issue anyone? Lol
Projection anyone?

Me I would keep the rooster, just to prove its gg decision which rooster stays. grin but then I'm like that don't tell me I can't, it just makes. Want it more.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
B
B
Wow - I have seen some crazy stuff over the years, but that is right up there with them. Let me get this right - your spouse is challenged by a rooster?? Is he for real?

Like me you have an older MLCer - when they get it later in life it seems to be super irrational. My xh's hobby is now suing me, or threatening to. for anything he didn't get first time around.

You are such a refreshing new voice. Please keep posting. I wonder if the rooster went what he would fasten on next? The goldfish perhaps?

L
L
Poor Poe. It's one thing to have your Dad act all MLC-crazy and shid, but another for him to want to axe you...literally.

G, you may have some hefty bills for rooster therapy in the future. Some serious projection is going on. Are the other chickens supportive? Understanding?

We had a rogue rooster, Hamlet, he attacked me, my mother and a few other people. I actually had to go to the ER because he got my foot pretty badly.

I never put his behavior together with Smokey's...Hmmm...

Quote:
You are such a refreshing new voice. Please keep posting.

I agree :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
D
D
Only in the land of MLC does a man find a young strapping rooster as threatening!!!
Then again, could there be some c@ck envy???
Sorry I couldn't resist!! 😉

Seriously this cracked me up that he was so emphatic about it.
You really are providing awesome comic relief!

I'm thinking some if us girls should do a DB weekend meetup. We could rent a cabin and trade amoeba stories while drinking wonderful wine and dancing! ( b/c I am like you- have music will shake it!)

Me 41 H 40
M 20 T 23
S 19,16, 8 D 13
BD1 dec 2012 not sure going to work
BD2 sep 2013 seeking a D
Filed oct 2013, D Feb 2015
Life is about daring greatly, about being in the arena- Brene Brown
G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Rooster Update:
I went to speak to H briefly about today's schedule; no need except I wanted to get close enough so he could take me in:
(All happy, looking nice, smelling nice, bubbly and upbeat, off to spend the day doing fun things with friends!)

He sort of rambled on at me about himself and his roommate... I listened actively, validated, wasn't going to bring up the rooster thing at all.

So I end first, "Well, guess I'll won't see you later, so enjoy this beautiful day!"
As I'm walking (sashaying) away, he calls:
"Hey, what are *you* going to *do* about Poe??"

Me--cool as a cucumber--"Yeah, I was going to ask you what you've been observing that concerns you."

He goes on about how Bart is so "sad" and "lonely" and he doesn't have "any female company anymore."

(Seriously, I could not make this up if I tried! OK, maybe I could. smile. )

So I say: "Hmmm. So you're saying you've seen him off by himself, sort of on the outside looking in?"

Him: "Pretty much",

Me: "I've seen that sometimes too. Maybe during the time you're here you just get a little "snapshot" of their behavior. Have you seen any aggression?"

Him: "No..."

Me: "Me neither. In fact, I've seen Bart mating and hanging out with all my favorite hens. When I've seen him alone, he's been on protection mode while Poe is off doing who knows what. Bart is crowing, and seems pretty content to me. Deep down I think he is still the "King."
(Like how I spun that?)

Him: "I guess my view was just a "snapshot" (used my word). I'm glad to know he's not alone."

And off I went!!

PS: Poe happens to be a huge, handsome, young, black male.
And so is a friend of mine who attends a lot of the same events I do.

There were some photos of him and of the two of us on my FB page recently with funny comments exchanged.
Clean as a whistle, I'm a class act.

H is no longer on FB, but his "work wife" and mutual friend is, among other people we have in common.
I wonder if Poe is a surrogate for my muscular Pal?

Hmmmmm....????

---GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/14 He wants to "talk"?