Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
"How would you do masculine? "

By actually talking to her instead of asking strangers (us) how to do so.

"I suppose the most important thing just now is that she sees me having fun? "

The most important thing right now is that she sees you not being afraid of her and her mom.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
U
U
LuckyLuke - sorry for butting in.

MrBond,
I appreciate your firm honesty and was wondering if you can look at my thread. I am very new here and with working on the DB methods.

Thanks vet.

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
L
OP Offline
L
Small update: dance teacher came by and said he had heard W and I are getting divorced. We then proceeded to have a discussion, during which his advice was to "find the lion" in me (i.e. react, get angry, push back).

He had heard this via a realtor friend, with whom I plan to talk and ask him to stop broadcasting this.

House facade is being renovated, so I need to hang around until this is finished, delaying my trip to the US. It turns out we live in a Lincoln log construction!

Luke

L
OP Offline
L
Just had a good talk with realtor, overcoming a bit of internal resistance in doing so. He is himself divorced, so we had a sympathetic conversation, also about him. I think I'll invite him out for a beer next week, perhaps even with the dance teacher.

Luke

L
OP Offline
L
Back in US, having fun.

House facade is renovated, 6 weeks of noise and living in a plastic goldfish bowl. W and d16 spend the weekdays in their small 1 bedroom Stockholm apartment, home on the weekends. I see d16 midweek for dinner.

Two interesting chunks:

1. dance teacher (who knows about D) told me that W cannot take criticism and makes excuses if it happens.
2. now that I am offshore W is more friendly - have received three (while not warm, at least longer than they need to be, and she still doesn't address me by name) notes (even a physical one) from her. Not sure how to reply and what, if anything, these and their tone mean.

I am slated to help out at EE again, which I am looking forward to, a most valuable activity.

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
W
W
Hi there, Luke! It's been a while since we last heard from you.

I hope you enjoyed your US trip!

You wrote:

Originally Posted By: LuckyLuke
I am slated to help out at EE again, which I am looking forward to, a most valuable activity.

I am completely confused by ^^ statement. You say that you are helping out at EE, right? And yet you are not applying the EE principles yourself in your interactions with your W and children.

confused confused crazy

L
OP Offline
L
No, to some extent, I am, such as using more direct statements and telling the kids how much I care for them (which led to a good talk with d16, for example).

Is there a specific instance of non-application you have in mind?

L

S
S
Well hello stranger!

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Sandi,

Sorry for the radio silence - the house renovation took 6 weeks of 7 days a week, and I had lots of deadline work in parallel -

Being here is a less manic, simpler, 9 to 5 life, and with people around, a pleasant change -

L.

L
L
Hey Luke
I came back to see how you were doing..life here is tough..
he is distant and unfriendly..still accuses me of pushing him when I am lucky to have any interaction in 3 weeks..
currently in Denmark.., its windy here..
are you still running?

there is great 10 k on the Baldeney See south of Essen 22nd November..apparently guarantees a best time..
I have moved nrw is pretty miserable but found a great running group..new school is tough. ? He is 30 minutes away and has visited twice..did nought to help,..
hope life is better for you..you have been a great support

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard