Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
B
bashy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Before it gets locked here is my previous thread...

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2447551#Post2447551

Sooooo.....

Detaching continues.
Text message to say WAW had got accepted for new house.
I replied "good stuff".

Then a text this evening which I missed followed by a phone call which I also missed.

I rang back and the first thing she says is: "I think you've been purposely avoiding me or something."

"Nah, just been busy", I replied.

Thus followed a ten minute convo about her new place, sorting dates to mind D over the summer and collecting her for the weekend. I made sure I was bright, cheery and interested in what she said but didn't go into great detail over stuff.

Tell you what.... it's hard to detach when I've been getting these comments over the last few days ie check out last two pages of previous thread.

Can't wait to put this all out there to counsellor next week...

M 35 W 31
D 10
Married 3 years
Together 11
Single since Nov 13
Moved out Dec 13
ILYBNILWY, 'I don't want to be a boring housewife, 'I don't fancy you any more'
OM confirmed Jun 14
B
B
Keep doing what you are doing bashy. Its good that she is starting to notice that you are detaching a bit. I like to say things in the nicest possible tone like "Why would I be ignoring you?" It isnt a lie trying to say that you arent ignoring her, just asking her why she thinks that. I dunno some vets will probably say that is game playing, but I have to have some fun during this or it will kill me. \

Keep playing it cool. It is working. Dont backslide just because she gives you a hint of success. Wait until you hit the jackpot. Good Job today!!!

M:33
W:30
T:10 M:2
B/D: 5/27/14
S: 5/28/14
Wife moved back in 7/18/14
B
bashy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
You've just hit the nail on the head Ben. Don't backslide when she gives me a hint of success. I did this a few weeks back and basically got kicked in the gut!
Small steps...

M 35 W 31
D 10
Married 3 years
Together 11
Single since Nov 13
Moved out Dec 13
OM confirmed Jun 14
B
B
Exactly dude, as soon as she knows that youre excited about how things are going thats when it all goes to sh!t. Just play it cool the whole time as if it doesnt matter. Dont worry I have to fake that too. I used to be great at it cause I was a huge a$$hole and really didnt care...now not so much. You got this though. You havent messed anything up.

M:33
W:30
T:10 M:2
B/D: 5/27/14
S: 5/28/14
Wife moved back in 7/18/14
B
bashy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
WAW helped my daughter pick a birthday card, balloon and boxer shorts for my 36th birthday over the weekend. Was a nice gesture. We spoke briefly as I dropped D off at meeting point looking as good as I possibly could as I was heading out for party. One good thing was that I made them both laugh hard as I drove off with the 'Happy Birthday' balloon flapping out the window. Hopefully her laughing like that made me stick in her mind into the evening....

Anyway, GAL continues. Have my first ever counselling session tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect or what I'm hoping to get out of it....

M 35 W 31
D 10
Married 3 years
Together 11
Single since Nov 13
Moved out Dec 13
OM confirmed Jun 14
B
bashy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Attended my first ever counselling session today. Nothing earth shattering. Filled a few forms out. I mainly talked about what's going on in my life and what I want to achieve from these sessions. Then the hour was up.
One positive..... I didn't cry at all!!!!

M 35 W 31
D 10
Married 3 years
Together 11
Single since Nov 13
Moved out Dec 13
OM confirmed Jun 14
L
L
Thanks for the encouragement on my thread. I'm not sure what want out of my IC but I know I always feel better when I leave. I think just having an unbiased person to talk to helps a ton. And I almost ALWAYS cry!! smile

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
B
bashy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks lost. I had the tissues at the ready but they didn't come. Perhaps next week they will. Funny enough I was crying as I was booking the first session a few weeks back and they didn't even ask me anything 'life' related!

M 35 W 31
D 10
Married 3 years
Together 11
Single since Nov 13
Moved out Dec 13
OM confirmed Jun 14
T
T
First few appointments are like that Bashy. The IC needs to get a feel for you before diving into the issues.

T
T
First few appointments are like that Bashy. The IC needs to get a feel for you before diving into the issues.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard